News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Alien Swarm

Started by DarkBlade325, July 18, 2010, 06:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBlade325

What do you get when you take L4D, give it a top down perspective, and a little bit of Killing Floor leveling system all into one big pot of ideas? Alien Swarm.

Now, the game hasn't come out yet, but it will tomorrow (July 19th), and is free of charge from Steam. It was under secret development by Valve using the source engine and a group of modders I believe, and it looks incredible. 4 player co-op, unique classes, different choices of weapons, ect. It's nothing new, but it sure as hell sounds fun. I don't have much to write about, but I just thought I'd fill you guys in.

Alien Swarm will be released FREE of charge on Steam from Valve on the 19th of July. Be on the look out guys. And since it's free, everyone can join in on the fun.

Product description:
QuoteAlien Swarm is a game and Source SDK release from a group of talented designers at Valve who were hired from the Mod community. Available free of charge, the game thrusts players into an epic bug hunt featuring a unique blend of co-op play and squad-level tactics. With your friends, form a squad of four distinct IAF Marine classes.

Gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-tGVfVve0

Trailer video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603izhzohos

11clock

Looks cool, but doesn't look like it can run on my computer.

ARTgames

Ty for posting this. I saw this game and I did not know what it was till now. I guess that date is tomorrow.

DarkBlade325

Well it's gonna be released soon (9 hours that is). When I get it and have it downloaded, I'll throw out my Steam name if any of you guys wanna play.

Lingus

This is by far another example of how awesome Valve is! They release this game for free with the source sdk. How can you NOT be on steam at this point?

Anyways, I'll have to grab this later when I'm at home and check it out. Looks like a great game.

ARTgames

EpicPhailure

Valve is troll D:

I didn't take that screen cap. Someone else did on another forum.

Lingus

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Lingus on July 19, 2010, 09:01:39 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 19, 2010, 05:34:01 PM
Valve is troll D:
Um... What?

In the screenshot, it shows Valve staff playing Alien Swarm while the product says it will be released in 2 hours.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 19, 2010, 09:17:04 PM
Quote from: Lingus on July 19, 2010, 09:01:39 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 19, 2010, 05:34:01 PM
Valve is troll D:
Um... What?

In the screenshot, it shows Valve staff playing Alien Swarm while the product says it will be released in 2 hours.

Heheh, yeah I saw this screenshot before, funny shit.

Lucifer

Wow, just wow. I don't know how this is free, that was awesome! I HIGHLY recommend trying it.

Seifer

Looks like crap. No thanks. Left for dead already sucked, I don't need a dumbed down, worse version of left for dead.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Seifer on July 20, 2010, 02:59:43 AM
Looks like crap. No thanks. Left for dead already sucked, I don't need a dumbed down, worse version of left for dead.

Except for not being Left for Dead - besides a similar story (though in the future, but still an apocalyptic future) and 4 player co-op.

Its free, and you should try it, instead of just calling it horrible before even attempting to play it (sounds like you didn't even look into it at all either).

If anything, I'd say this expands on the Left for Dead concept. 4 classes, tons of weapons and equipment each with varying uses/advantages and disadvantages, and a good amount of environmental interactivity (welding certain doors closed, having to blow up alien hives and such).

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Seifer on July 20, 2010, 02:59:43 AM

Yeah Seifer, give the game credit for being free man. Valve could have easily priced this as a 20 dollar game, but they didnt. Just try it before you say crap about it.

Im quite liking the game right now. I havn't been playing as much as I'd like, but I'll be playing it more later.

Lucifer

I'm not going to jump on the rah rah rah Seifer bandwagon, but I will say that thus far I haven't been disappointed. It seems like a very fun game to play with a bunch of screaming friends, would be cool if we could get a game going with a bunch of stick online members.