News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Vindictus

Started by Meiun, September 11, 2010, 12:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

So I've been looking forward to this really cool looking new free to play action MMO thats coming out in the next month or so called Vindictus (formerly titled Mabinogi Heroes). From the looks of it, it seems like a huge step in the right direction in terms of moving away from the whole target based auto attack system that so many online games now use. I would go into more depth about it, but I think a video or two would probably explain it better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM2yfu_IqV4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKJpXZxmyU

Looks pretty sweet! Apparently the pre-open beta starts on the 15th of this month, and all who were in the closed beta get access, and can invite two friends (if anyone has a spare invite I would gladly accept ;D). Open beta then starts sometime next month I think.

JoEL

The trailer looks good I must say. Looks like a game I would enjoy. I couldn't help but notice the Nexon logo at the beginning, so is it a game developed by Nexon?

If I've noticed anything from games developed by Nexon, they are free, that's for certain. But all of the good items you must pay for.

Lucifer

Wow, that looks extremely fun. I really like the whole environment construction concept it's using, and being able to pick up most things and use them as weapons, like TREES!
Looking forward to it.

Meiun

@JoEL
Nexon is actually just a publisher, they do not develop any of their games themselves. The company that is actually making the game i Devcat, the company that made Mabinogi (also Nexon, and also free). This game is suppose to be sortof a prequal to Mabinogi, even though this game is way more brutal and less cartoony (as well as having very different gameplay). But either way, Mabinogi is actually a really great game as well. If you actually spend a little time checking it out, it is (in my opinion) one of the most content filled, feature packed, and unique MMO's out there now. It really takes the whole MMO concept much further than just grinding for levels and gear.

venuse

ive been waiting for this and dragon nest for some time.

EpicPhailure

I heard that Nexon will be dropping Mabinogi in the near future, at some Generation. Is this supposed to be a successor?

Meiun

No it's not suppose to be a successor I don't think. If anything it's a prequal, but they really couldn't be more different. I don't see why they would drop it either, It's a great game, and as far as I know is doing well. They are apparently making a Mabinogi 2 as well, but that is a seperate game.

11clock

Grr, my computer can't stand such awesome effects! :'(

EDIT: There a chance of a Mac version? I think my Mac's graphics card is powerful enough.

Meiun

Quote from: 11clock on September 11, 2010, 01:30:51 PM
Grr, my computer can't stand such awesome effects! :'(

EDIT: There a chance of a Mac version? I think my Mac's graphics card is powerful enough.
I don't think the system requirements are all that high for how nice it looks. It uses the source engine, which has been out for a while (even though it is still a really great engine). Also, I definitely would not count on a mac version.

venuse

cool i didnt know that it was made with the source engine then i should be able to max this thing out or close to it :P

DarkBlade325

Pfft, yet another free MMO. Hah, I wonder how much money they used to make a bad game th-

Holy !@#$ing shit that's an awesome trailer! Thanks for sharing Meiun, I'm going to check it out as soon as it comes out.
Also I saw jiggle physics. +3 Bonus points. Also the game's main site through a google search reads that its built on Valve's source engine. Even more reason to play it, I'll feel right at home.

krele

Well I must say the trailer is well made. But usually from my experience if the game has a good trailer it sucks. If the trailer sucks, the game will be awesome.

But I hope this game won't follow. I like the fighting system and physics... But I'm a little bit more attracted towards cartoony graphics. And since I'm probably moving to LoL again, I don't know will I be able to try it out.

EDIT:
Just checked out dragon's nest. That mmo would suit me more. Will try it out if it EVER comes out...

DarkBlade325

Well I managed to snag a beta key (though google searching hilariously enough), and I'm registered for the Sep 15 open beta. I also got 2 beta keys to give to 2 others, so if any of you guys want one, send me a PM.

Cactuscat222

PM's don't work, but you should totally send me one DarkBlade. I'd love you.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on September 11, 2010, 10:22:35 PM
PM's don't work, but you should totally send me one DarkBlade. I'd love you.

Well that's just awesome sauce- broken PMs for the loss. Well, should I just send it to your forum e-mail? cactuscat222@yahoo?