News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Started by stick d00d, September 22, 2010, 09:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick d00d

So the game comes out November 9th and I have already pre-ordered it, from the videos I have seen this game looks pure awesome. This time around Treyarch is the new developer, ridding of Infinity Ward, but from what I have seen it doesn't look like they strayed too far from their path. Here are a couple vids if you haven't seen them yet..

Multiplayer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fsM6LBi54
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRnpC7ddv8

Can't wait for it to come out, discuss.

Looperpuck

Meh, it looks alright, I hate the first kill streak reward though, Its a little remote car that you physically drive around the map and have ti actually find the person. The graphics and everything look really good, I cant wait to try it. And I lol'd at the bow in that trailer, because it resembles the tourque bow from Gears of War. But it still looks really good.

Oh, and this trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sg7p5vFAZg&feature=channel kicks that trailers ass anyday. Eminem Ftw.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

ARTgames

I don't know how I will afford it but it does look fun.

Turkey

I'm so sorry you don't get an instant kill without putting in any effort Loop, In my opinion the only Kill steaks that were in MW2 that were not completely unfair was UAVs/CounterUAVs and a regular air strike(Like in COD4), and i guess EMP(not like anyone used it.)

venuse

sorry tired of cod. its too much of the same thing in a short period of time.

Mystery

Quote from: venuse on September 22, 2010, 08:51:22 PM
^This.^ The FPS genre's been way too diluted lately. Doesn't mean it's not a good game, just means too many shooters are being made. It gets monotonous after a while.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lucifer

Quote from: Mystery on September 22, 2010, 09:40:36 PM
^This.^ The FPS genre's been way too diluted lately.
That's why I just bought Red Orchestra.
There's a good FPS for you.
Screw all the new ones.

Mystery

Quote from: Lucifer on September 22, 2010, 09:42:55 PM
^This.^ The FPS genre's been way too diluted lately.
That's why I just bought Red Orchestra.
There's a good FPS for you.
Screw all the new ones.
I like the look of that one, I'll probably take a more in-depth analysis of the game later. Seems incredibly good.

ARTgames

I kinda look at it as the same game being updated a lot that's really expensive. I'm not really tired of COD yet.

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on September 22, 2010, 09:56:19 PM
I kinda look at it as the same game being updated a lot that's really expensive. I'm not really tired of COD yet.
Yeah, there's your problem. It's almost the same damn thing each time.

ARTgames

Hey I never said that sentence was suppose to make it look good. : P

It has a good about of new things that I would like. I like the new game modes, weps, settings. I also like the main game play mechanic still. And I like how on PC they will support decanted servers like they did in the past.

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on September 22, 2010, 10:43:28 PM
It has a good about of new things that I would like. I like the new game modes, weps, settings. I also like the main game play mechanic still. And I like how on PC they will support decanted servers like they did in the past.
Don't get me wrong, I like CoD quite a bit. All of those things you said(especially multiplayer, only reason half of the people buy it probably)are major pluses. But when you get too many games that are too similar in structure, things seem watered down.

bubba

^This.^ The FPS genre's been way too diluted lately. Doesn't mean it's not a good game, just means too many shooters are being made. It gets monotonous after a while.
Most games are being sequeled out due to corporate greed lately, Activision has been making a killing and has killed several franchises at this time. But whatever, I guess.

I did preorder this game for $50 on newegg, so I wouldn't mind it, they announced a mod kit so I'm hoping that the least they can do is dish out mapping tools, custom skins/models would be nice too :P

Tyco-RC

Yeh i'll probs be getting this but might wait until after xmas.

Hopefully the price will drop but i doubt it lol!  ;D
- 2nd Place Finish in Danimals 6th Tournament -

tehrozzy

Quote from: Tyco-RC on October 05, 2010, 06:41:23 PM
Yeh i'll probs be getting this but might wait until after xmas.

Hopefully the price will drop but i doubt it lol!  ;D
i doubt it too.
around where i live MW2 is still full price