News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Started by stick d00d, September 22, 2010, 09:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

Quote from: Josh on November 09, 2010, 03:31:44 AM
Download 0.o
I get it mailed down so i get in tomorrow, but i went to a friends and i played some with him its good fun. Zombies is harder then WaWs one because they seem to destroy barriers faster and move faster. Online is awesome the knifing hit detection is a bit painful. Graphics really arnt the best, some maps are real painful to look at :S
Zombies? I thought that was just a rumor... it's true? o.0
I think I might go buy it today for PS3.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Freeforall on November 09, 2010, 08:22:14 AM
Download 0.o
I get it mailed down so i get in tomorrow, but i went to a friends and i played some with him its good fun. Zombies is harder then WaWs one because they seem to destroy barriers faster and move faster. Online is awesome the knifing hit detection is a bit painful. Graphics really arnt the best, some maps are real painful to look at :S
Zombies have been confimed for quite a while, with maps including The Pentagon and Kino Der Untoten. Heaps of leaked footage on youtube before black ops came out haha, you just had to know where to look.

Freeforall

Quote from: YayForLife on November 09, 2010, 03:40:25 PM
Quote from: Freeforall on November 09, 2010, 08:22:14 AM
Download 0.o
Zombies have been confimed for quite a while, with maps including The Pentagon and Kino Der Untoten. Heaps of leaked footage on youtube before black ops came out haha, you just had to know where to look.

Ah, I found it. Apparently, there is another map called "White House" but I'm not so sure of that.

I think I am going to buy it in an hour or so. :P

Josh

Yea i also think you can download classic zombie maps from WaW bu idk.

Freeforall

Quote from: Josh on November 09, 2010, 04:01:54 PM
Yea i also think you can download classic zombie maps from WaW bu idk.
I don't know if you can download them, but I DO know that they come with the Hardened and Prestige edition.

Josh

Ohk I see,
But with the new online splitscreen mode you can play with your friends or siblings instead of taking turns over deaths or games (Just like Halo)
And the crossbow and Ballistic knife to me arnt as easy to use as they look :S

Freeforall

Quote from: Josh on November 09, 2010, 04:21:43 PM
Ohk I see,
But with the new online splitscreen mode you can play with your friends or siblings instead of taking turns over deaths or games (Just like Halo)
And the crossbow and Ballistic knife to me arnt as easy to use as they look :S

Online Splitscreen? That is epic. I played that all of the time on Halo 3. Except this could be an unfair advantage; people will see players on the other screen from halfway across the map, or they could boost easier.

EDIT: Just got the game for PS3! Looks pretty sweet. It's updating right now, though.

Josh

As i said in an earlier post theyve covered up boosting pretty good.

stick d00d

I just got my game yesterday and I gotta say I'm not very impressed. The graphics aren't horrible, but they aren't great. The scopes on the weapons, fail. You gotta pay for every attachment, weapon, equipment etc. instead of earning it through kills, which isn't a problem, but I don't really like it. The maps, I don't have a single problem with other then there are a lot more campers/hiding. Sniping kinda got ruined because of the way the scopes are, and it is hard to get an accurate shot. <--BTW this is just with the Dragunov idk about the other rifles yet.

On the other hand, I love the campaign, zombies, and number of maps. The wager matches are pretty genius and they are challenging as well. The ballistic knife and crossbow are pure awesome, and like josh said, not very easy to use. The matchmaking is quick, no problem there, and the new playercards are pretty sweet. I do dislike the way you earn camo now, through leveling and not headshots, but meh I guess this isn't too bad.

All in all I would recommend the game, just read this before you get it though so you know what to expect.

ALSO, PS3 multi is laggy atm, but I think its just because the servers are crowded..

venuse

ok call of duty black ops pc has entered my irritation list. this game runs like crap so far in multi-player, and im not the only person with the problem. call of duty modern warefare 2 i could max out and still have an average fps of 50 to 70. this pos i have to turn all the settings either off or low just to get a playable fps. this is a warning to pc users only, since i have no clue about the other versions.

Freeforall

Quote from: venuse on November 10, 2010, 06:50:06 PM
ok call of duty black ops pc has entered my irritation list. this game runs like crap so far in multi-player, and im not the only person with the problem. call of duty modern warefare 2 i could max out and still have an average fps of 50 to 70. this pos i have to turn all the settings either off or low just to get a playable fps. this is a warning to pc users only, since i have no clue about the other versions.
Black Ops even has FPS lag on the PS3.
When I play MW2 on PC I get around 60-70 FPS, But this is ridiculous.

On my PS3, if I look at an explosion or just some trees for too long, it lags out.

Jake

I said from the start that Black Ops wouldn't hold up to something like Modern Warfare 2 because it's made by an inferior company. Treyarch simply doesn't have the expertise that Infinity Ward has (or had for that matter). Sure Black Ops may have some cool features, but MW2 had a higher level of polish and much more thoughtful design.

Josh

Yea MW2 was a lot more addictive on my part. And i haven't seem to have any lag so far as painful and massively irritating on Xbox.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Josh on November 11, 2010, 04:28:38 AM
Yea MW2 was a lot more addictive on my part. And i haven't seem to have any lag so far as painful and massively irritating on Xbox.
I dont seem to understand this part, do you mean you havent experienced lag yet on Xbox? coz i heard that they made a patchfairly quickly, at least for the xbox version. Dont know about the others yet though.

Josh

No not much lag on my part. But eh it should settle down over a month/2? Where there are not like 5million people on?