News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

MapleStory- Big Bang

Started by Turkey, September 23, 2010, 10:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey

Basically a huge update that GMS will be getting soon. (Soon as in a couple months. It is already out is KMS)
The Maple community and Nexon themselves are saying this will be Maplestory's biggest and best update yet.

The big points are...
Updated/New skills! Pretty much all the classes got ALOT(and i mean it.) stronger, and hopefully the band-wagoning of classes will stop since they all should be equal now.

Map/Monster Changes! Holy jebus, I have wanted them to do this for so long, first of all, the main towns and map close by have completely changed for some reason or another... No big deal. But the thing I like is that the maps with monsters where no one trains on due to the terrible exp gain, no one stays in for more than enough time to get in and out the other side have been updated for there actually be a purpose! I can actually train on all my favorite monsters and have it actually get me some experience, which also means there will be more than 2-3 training areas for your level! NO MORE CROWDS! ZOMGORGASM! yeah... I like it.

EXP gain changes! This is a big one for everyone and especially the ones who can't make it past 30.
I'm not 100% sure about this but... If you once had to gain 100,000exp to level up, now you may only have to gain 50,000exp. Basically, it's 2x exp all the time. EPIC

New Classes!
Wild hunter- Pretty much just a crossbow man who rides on a Jaguar. Big thing about it is it can attack while running and changing directions.

Battle Mage- It seems no one is very excited for this one. (Even though i like it more than the wild hunter.) It is a mage that attacks close range instead of far range like the others, and smacks monsters in the face with it's staff.

Mechanic- zomg, here is the big one. You ride around in a big robot and shoot missiles n' stuff. I expect to see alot of these for a while, but it should calm down a little bit after the update.

All this information plus more can be found here, http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStory-Guide-KMS-Big-Bang-Revamp-333.html

So, what do you guys think? I'm pretty pumped.

EpicPhailure

I can't wait for the private servers to get this. I'm disgusted by GMS forever.

Cactuscat222

If the EXP gain is actually upped, I can see myself possibly trying GMS again.

I, too, was big on MapleStory Private Servers a couple years ago - and I definitely loved them because I really enjoyed MapleStory's gameplay, but it was just far too slow on GMS. However, Private Servers are always missing the appeal of a fully working server with lots of people (though I think the sense of community is closer on smaller servers), so if the update is as you say, I'm actually excited again for MapleStory.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

11clock

Hmm...If this update goes well I'll probably ditch Wonderking and play Maplestory again. I always hated the level grinding, happy to see they are fixing that. I look forward to the Mechanic class, too.

Yankyal

I feel this update is anti-creationist and a direct insult to my personal beliefs.

I can't wait! I've been waiting for an exp boost before I rejoined this game. Now I can spend less of my friday nights staying home and grinding out those last %'s before the next level.  8)
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Mystery

Quote from: Yankyal on September 26, 2010, 11:48:08 AM
I feel this update is anti-creationist and a direct insult to my personal beliefs.

Quote from: Yankyal's signatureI am an annoying militant atheist.

lolwut

Anyway, this might bring me back into MapleStory, got to an extremely low level and quit because things were taking too long. Keyword is MIGHT.

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Yankyal

Quote from: Mystery on September 26, 2010, 12:47:06 PM
Quote from: Yankyal on September 26, 2010, 11:48:08 AM

Quote from: Yankyal's signatureI am an annoying militant atheist.

lolwut

Anyway, this might bring me back into MapleStory, got to an extremely low level and quit because things were taking too long. Keyword is MIGHT.

It was a joke meng. I too quit at a low level, 40. I did play private servers all day err day over one summer though. Unfortunately that too got boring :(

Prosper

I hate NEXON (and Wizet) for making a game so attractive that millions of kids get addicted and spend money on their games. I am too addicted to Maplestory and I am 25 yrs old... but I quit like 2 years ago when I had a lvl 108 Crusader (before 4th job was out) and a lvl 50 pure luck assassin with zakum helm and +12dam gloves and godly Neva.. I capped it at lvl 50 to be able to pwn the 2 party quests avaible at the time.. the ludibrium and carnival PQ. If both hits crit I could hit 6000 damage :P

None the less.. nothing can make me go back to this drugging game.. I hate NEXON too much for that.

Yankyal

Quote from: Prosper on September 26, 2010, 07:57:28 PM
I hate NEXON (and Wizet) for making a game so attractive that millions of kids get addicted and spend money on their games. I am too addicted to Maplestory and I am 25 yrs old... but I quit like 2 years ago when I had a lvl 108 Crusader (before 4th job was out) and a lvl 50 pure luck assassin with zakum helm and +12dam gloves and godly Neva.. I capped it at lvl 50 to be able to pwn the 2 party quests avaible at the time.. the ludibrium and carnival PQ. If both hits crit I could hit 6000 damage :P

None the less.. nothing can make me go back to this drugging game.. I hate NEXON too much for that.
Be happy it wasn't World of Warcraft.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Yankyal on September 29, 2010, 03:32:47 PM
Quote from: Prosper on September 26, 2010, 07:57:28 PM

Be happy it wasn't World of Warcraft.

Only attractive to kids because it's free to join. Then, they liked it and spent money on items that would last for 30 days and then disappear in your inventory.

HeroicHero

I actually used to secretly spend $10 - $25 every week or so on NX cash after school and I ended up buying something like $250 of it until I realized I had a problem and I needed to stop myself. Can't believe I spent $250 on a 2D grind fest full of hackers and glitches.

Sadly, I just got back into playing it.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this update. Maybe I'll finally get to 120. :)

Meiun

Heck, I'm 21 and I'll admit MapleStory at least did have a certain appeal. I really don't think it's an awful game now either, but I believe when it first started out it wasn't even published by nexon, and ever since it has been it sortof shifted gears. The biggest issue I have with it aside from the obvious things like the super grinding is just the insane amounts of hackers. It's kindof amazing to me that a game can do so well and not have at least made a bigger effort (that I'm aware of at least) to resolve that sortof stuff. I also don't really like how so much of the gear in game shifted from stuff like knight helmets, wizard hats, swords, etc. to rediculous things like a fish for a weapon, baseball caps, mops, and other random crap. Having a bit of that is fine, but it just seemed kindof foolish to have the highest level knight (or whatever the classes are) decked out in such foolish stuff that you can neither tell he is powerful, nor whether he is a knight or a retarded fish monger/elvis-impersonator hybrid. Havn't played it in years though, so I really can't be certain of how things are today.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Meiun on September 30, 2010, 09:11:14 PMThe biggest issue I have with it aside from the obvious things like the super grinding is just the insane amounts of hackers. It's kindof amazing to me that a game can do so well and not have at least made a bigger effort (that I'm aware of at least) to resolve that sortof stuff.
You know the funny thing about that is, from my experience playing the game(though that was 4 years ago), the hackers were the coolest people in the game, all of my friends in MS were hackers, because I found most of anyone else to be pretty immature(but I was pretty immature back then too)...
I do know that a lot of players hated it when the hackers got banned. They would ban them all in one sitting with a huge tidal wave of moderators.

Lucifer

I will do the same for this update as I do with the game itself, that is, continue to ignore its existence entirely.

HamsterPants