News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ace Attorney 2 Logic-Error (wise minds, come here)

Started by krele, October 19, 2010, 06:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krele

I've just been playing Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations... Aaaaand I think I've found an error in logic behind the last (4th) turnabout.

It's about the murder at some Super Hero convention. The defendant wears a super hero costume. The killer took another costume of the same kind to the convention to kill the victim and frame the defendant. The suspect's testimony goes like this:

Testimony:

- She enters a room, sees the victim in a chair, thinking he fainted since he lost the grand prix. She fills a glass of juice for the victim when he's awake.
- When she realized he was dead, she formulates a plan to frame the defendant (she claims not to be a killer, but that her crime was framing/forging evidence... She still is convinced the defendant's the real murderer, she just forged some evidence).
- Once she made sure the hallway was empty (this all occurred at the hotel), she dashed to defendant's room to take his knife.
- She stabbed victim's dead body with a knife, to forge evidence (as she claims, her only crime).
- When she wanted to go back to her room, the hallway wasn't empty, so she dressed in the defendant's costume (the duplicate).

Logic/Evidence:

- The costume has gloves included (leaves no fingerprints).
- The glass with juice has her fingerprints (the suspect's).
- The knife had ONLY the defendant's fingerprints! (This is major)

So it puzzles me... She entered a room, without being dressed in a costume, filled a glass with juice and LEFT her fingerprints on the glass, didn't leave any fingerprints on the knife she stabbed the dead victim with, and JUST THEN dressed in the costume to escape... How is it possible that the knife only holds the victim's fingerprints and not from the suspect as well?

The game doesn't care about this, whenever I try to post an objection the judge penalizes me! I checked the walkthrough on gamefaqs, and the writer states to just press whole testimony to proceed (he says nothing about this logic-error)...

I proceeded  with the game as the faq stated, but I must say that I can't see what's wrong with what I described? Who failed, me or the story-writer?

Mystery

Quote from: krele on October 19, 2010, 06:00:17 PM
I've just been playing Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations... Aaaaand I think I've found an error in logic behind the last (4th) turnabout.

It's about the murder at some Super Hero convention. The defendant wears a super hero costume. The killer took another costume of the same kind to the convention to kill the victim and frame the defendant. The suspect's testimony goes like this:

Testimony:

- She enters a room, sees the victim in a chair, thinking he fainted since he lost the grand prix. She fills a glass of juice for the victim when he's awake.
- When she realized he was dead, she formulates a plan to frame the defendant (she claims not to be a killer, but that her crime was framing/forging evidence... She still is convinced the defendant's the real murderer, she just forged some evidence).
- Once she made sure the hallway was empty (this all occurred at the hotel), she dashed to defendant's room to take his knife.
- She stabbed victim's dead body with a knife, to forge evidence (as she claims, her only crime).
- When she wanted to go back to her room, the hallway wasn't empty, so she dressed in the defendant's costume (the duplicate).

Logic/Evidence:

So it puzzles me... She entered a room, without being dressed in a costume, filled a glass with juice and LEFT her fingerprints on the glass, didn't leave any fingerprints on the knife she stabbed the dead victim with, and JUST THEN dressed in the costume to escape... How is it possible that the knife only holds the victim's fingerprints and not from the suspect as well?

The game doesn't care about this, whenever I try to post an objection the judge penalizes me! I checked the walkthrough on gamefaqs, and the writer states to just press whole testimony to proceed (he says nothing about this logic-error)...

I proceeded  with the game as the faq stated, but I must say that I can't see what's wrong with what I described? Who failed, me or the story-writer?
HOLD IT! The game you're thinking of is Justice for All, not Trials and Tribulations.

And there's not a logical error in this. It's a VERY special case, mind you, and my favorite in the entire series, but there is a reason for this. It's not bullshit logic.

SPOILERS- (highlight with mouse, and copy-paste into something else to see)
The suspect, Adrian Andrews, had another situation like this occur, when her fingerprints weren't found on the guitar case. Phoenix Wright made a supposition that she used a towel or something else to open it, and the same thing works with the knife. She purposefully left her prints on the glass, however, on nothing else. She did this to pretend that she was the 'dazed discoverer' of the body.

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

krele

Quote from: Mystery on October 19, 2010, 08:11:57 PM

Testimony:

Logic/Evidence:

HOLD IT! The game you're thinking of is Justice for All, not Trials and Tribulations.

And there's not a logical error in this. It's a VERY special case, mind you, and my favorite in the entire series, but there is a reason for this. It's not bullshit logic.

SPOILERS- (highlight with mouse, and copy-paste into something else to see)
The suspect, Adrian Andrews, had another situation like this occur, when her fingerprints weren't found on the guitar case. Phoenix Wright made a supposition that she used a towel or something else to open it, and the same thing works with the knife. She purposefully left her prints on the glass, however, on nothing else. She did this to pretend that she was the 'dazed discoverer' of the body.

My bad, it's justice for all...

It still doesn't make sense why was she so quick to state she was CAREFUL not to leave prints on the case, but never mentioned the knife. Also, since the prints get wiped from stuff when the user holds it with gloves/towel (as the game states in the second turnabout), why would there STILL be fingerprints of the defendant? Why didn't they get wiped too?
TAKE THAT!

RayRay

and the writer states to just press whole testimony to proceed.
Did you try that? The Press button?