News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Scythe changes

Started by Matty_Richo, November 18, 2010, 03:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

I feel the Scythe is somewhat underpowered, considering you are using double the stamina or so for something that does little more damage than the SS, I think it leaves something to be desired. I feel perhaps if the scythe was upgraded slightly to perhaps something closer to the WH, because otherwise the scythe isn't really doing much as no one actually uses it otherwise and seems kinda pointless.

Lucifer

There has always been a tier concept in Stick Online, and the Scythe is one of the weapons that fit itself into the middle, instead of adding to the top.
Before the desert update, the tier went like this.
Dagger > Whip > Wooden Hammer > Short Sword > Great Sword.
After the desert update, it changed to this.
Dagger > Whip > Wooden Hammer > Short Sword > Scythe > Katana > Great Sword
The Scythe proved itself better than most weapons previous, but it was not as powerful as its brothers that came with it. This was on purpose.

I don't mean to say your point is invalid, it could be that the Scythe is a little too bad, I dunno I haven't used it in ages. I only mean to point out that it was meant to be a transition item, something you get towards your progress to Great Sword and Katana, and something that essentially lowers the disadvantage you're at without either of those top tier weapons. I actually think Scythe should have been added to the shop, now that I think about it.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Lucifer on November 18, 2010, 09:46:54 AM
There has always been a tier concept in Stick Online, and the Scythe is one of the weapons that fit itself into the middle, instead of adding to the top.
Before the desert update, the tier went like this.
Dagger < Whip < Wooden Hammer < Short Sword < Great Sword.
After the desert update, it changed to this.
Dagger < Whip < Wooden Hammer < Short Sword < Scythe < Katana < Great Sword
The Scythe proved itself better than most weapons previous, but it was not as powerful as its brothers that came with it. This was on purpose.

I don't mean to say your point is invalid, it could be that the Scythe is a little too bad, I dunno I haven't used it in ages. I only mean to point out that it was meant to be a transition item, something you get towards your progress to Great Sword and Katana, and something that essentially lowers the disadvantage you're at without either of those top tier weapons. I actually think Scythe should have been added to the shop, now that I think about it.

Yes, I somewhat agree, however, I feel that even the short sword out ways the scythe, and I don't think it was meant to do that. The SS does a slightly smaller amount of damage than the spire but it uses just over half of the stam as well as it being somewhat slower. I know that Scythe isn't meant to be rare or even all that good, but I think it should perhaps be upgraded slightly so it is a more useful PvE.