News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Global Drop Rate Increase

Started by Mystery, November 25, 2010, 04:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the drop rate for all items should be increased?

YES, PLEASE. TOO MUCH LUCK INVOLVED IN STICK ONLINE.
30 (53.6%)
Kinda, it's hard to get some drops.
16 (28.6%)
I don't care either way.
4 (7.1%)
Not really, I think it's kinda easy to get drops.
3 (5.4%)
NO. This idea is ridiculous, grind a week for an item and you might get it.
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

RayRay

Quote from: ARTgames on November 25, 2010, 07:20:11 PM
Quote from: RayRay on November 25, 2010, 06:27:56 PM
Rerephrasing:

I AGREE!!! However, that means more gold when we sell all of it, so I was thinking maybe we should have decreased sell prices along with it. ALSO! I think that lower chances of high levels should decrease, like you got a 1/80 chance of a dagger as Level 5 and 1/210 as Level 100. What I mean is that it will be 1/80 as Level 5 but 1/140 as Level 100. That's what I want.

I'm not sure what your talking about.
What I'm saying is that higher levels get better chance (if our chance is lower than low levels) yet we're still lower than low levels...

crozier

I am very supprised people voted #1 9 times already. It's nowhere near that bad.
I voted #2 as I speant much of my 99-100 and for quite a long time at bandits, and I'm yet to get BC/spire. The thing could be worked out slightly and upped a little.

T-Rok

I voted #2 because of the fact it is a donator server, not a full blown server. If someone thinks they can explain it, feel free. But I can't come across the words right now.

Prosper

Quote from: T-Rok on November 25, 2010, 08:32:20 PM
I voted #2 because of the fact it is a donator server, not a full blown server. If someone thinks they can explain it, feel free. But I can't come across the words right now.

Drop rates were designed for public (more ppl) they most likely havent changed on donors server even though the amount of ppl playing drasticaly dropped.

Seifer

That changes nothing. The drop rate per individual is the same. We each have the exact same chance at drops that we always have.

ARTgames

Quote from: Seifer on November 25, 2010, 09:06:30 PM
That changes nothing. The drop rate per individual is the same. We each have the exact same chance at drops that we always have.
That is true but what i think Prosper is getting at is when there more people killing stuff more bosses spawn because of the more killing. And when more bosses spawn people get more chances to get a drop.

Prosper

Actually i wasnt thinking.. I just typed what Dan told me a few days ago when we were talking about the fact he was the only IS drop in 8 months in comparison to public server.

ARTgames

My bad I did not read your post right.

Seifer

Quote from: Prosper on November 25, 2010, 09:37:20 PM
Actually i wasnt thinking.. I just typed what Dan told me a few days ago when we were talking about the fact he was the only IS drop in 8 months in comparison to public server.

But it's all relative to how many people are playing. Back when it was public, 1 IS in 8 months WAS bad, but now, not so much. And the whole, more people in public = more killing = more bosses is all phooey anyways. When people want to hunt desert, theirs enough of them to rape the spawn. When people want to hunt bandits, the spawn is raped. If anything, we need MORE spawns. Back then, we were flooded with noobs. Now we have a population of mostly high level players.

FFA was here

Prosper

ARTgames

Well I never said anything about pub server. I just said more people killing a lot of stuff means more bosses.

I think it does get really slow here and there. It's getting better now. Any way In the closed topic all I really wanted was more players killing stuff everyware. Pub or not. And I'm sure other people would like that also.

Does not matter any way. I voted to keep drop chance how it how it is now.

Seifer

Once I get Spire, everyone will follow me to Mountain. It's okay Art. Just give it time. <3.

ARTgames

CherryPie

uhh the community wants increased drop rates, looking at the poll. Well I do, too. The game is pissing most of the people of, who do not get good drops frequently, which is the majority. And then there are some guys who get lsb on 29 and IS on 3x or w/e.

The donor server is meant to be for the veterans and in the end exactly these veterans have the least fun, because they can't catch up with newbs in pvp, even if they have more skill, they still didn't have the drop chance for spire, bc & lsb on their way to 100. And afterall, these drops are currently the best drops ingame.

What I do have to say against these facts is, that every other mmo handles it the same way. If you started e.g. MS or WOW 3 years ago, you weren't able to get those OMG FCKIN AWESOME OVERPOWERED WHATEVER ITEMS. Mostly the oldskooler's will be overtaken by some newbies later on when the game progresses and adds better stuff.

Mystery

Quote from: CherryPie on November 26, 2010, 07:24:03 AM
uhh the community wants increased drop rates, looking at the poll. Well I do, too. The game is pissing most of the people of, who do not get good drops frequently, which is the majority. And then there are some guys who get lsb on 29 and IS on 3x or w/e.

The donor server is meant to be for the veterans and in the end exactly these veterans have the least fun, because they can't catch up with newbs in pvp, even if they have more skill, they still didn't have the drop chance for spire, bc & lsb on their way to 100. And afterall, these drops are currently the best drops ingame.

What I do have to say against these facts is, that every other mmo handles it the same way. If you started e.g. MS or WOW 3 years ago, you weren't able to get those OMG FCKIN AWESOME OVERPOWERED WHATEVER ITEMS. Mostly the oldskooler's will be overtaken by some newbies later on when the game progresses and adds better stuff.
The problem with that is that, Maple Story and World of Warcraft are pure grind fests, borderline not-a-game. Grind fests are not fun, you don't want to spend a year for an item.

I'd rather have everyone have all good drops than a small percentage have it, then it'd come down to pure skill. Different strategies, different stats, different preferences- it won't become generic. It'll be a whole lot better than 5 people always winning everything. True, those 5 players are very good PVPers. But the inventories do make a noticeable difference, that cannot be denied. That is the problem.

INCREASING these rates would give EVERYONE a better chance, and remove the necessity to possibly put 2 items in shop for a crapton of money, only to P.O. those players who can't possibly get enough Gold for them.

Anyone dispute this?
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.