News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Global Drop Rate Increase

Started by Mystery, November 25, 2010, 04:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the drop rate for all items should be increased?

YES, PLEASE. TOO MUCH LUCK INVOLVED IN STICK ONLINE.
30 (53.6%)
Kinda, it's hard to get some drops.
16 (28.6%)
I don't care either way.
4 (7.1%)
Not really, I think it's kinda easy to get drops.
3 (5.4%)
NO. This idea is ridiculous, grind a week for an item and you might get it.
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

CherryPie

Quote from: Mystery on November 26, 2010, 01:14:14 PM
Quote from: CherryPie on November 26, 2010, 07:24:03 AM
uhh the community wants increased drop rates, looking at the poll. Well I do, too. The game is pissing most of the people of, who do not get good drops frequently, which is the majority. And then there are some guys who get lsb on 29 and IS on 3x or w/e.

The donor server is meant to be for the veterans and in the end exactly these veterans have the least fun, because they can't catch up with newbs in pvp, even if they have more skill, they still didn't have the drop chance for spire, bc & lsb on their way to 100. And afterall, these drops are currently the best drops ingame.

What I do have to say against these facts is, that every other mmo handles it the same way. If you started e.g. MS or WOW 3 years ago, you weren't able to get those OMG FCKIN AWESOME OVERPOWERED WHATEVER ITEMS. Mostly the oldskooler's will be overtaken by some newbies later on when the game progresses and adds better stuff.
The problem with that is that, Maple Story and World of Warcraft are pure grind fests, borderline not-a-game. Grind fests are not fun, you don't want to spend a year for an item.

I'd rather have everyone have all good drops than a small percentage have it, then it'd come down to pure skill. Different strategies, different stats, different preferences- it won't become generic. It'll be a whole lot better than 5 people always winning everything. True, those 5 players are very good PVPers. But the inventories do make a noticeable difference, that cannot be denied. That is the problem.

INCREASING these rates would give EVERYONE a better chance, and remove the necessity to possibly put 2 items in shop for a crapton of money, only to P.O. those players who can't possibly get enough Gold for them.

Anyone dispute this?
^this, well said.

Seifer

Yep. I Concur. I think the drop rates should be significantly increased. Frankly, I'd say you should be able to get any one rare item within 1-2 hours. So 2 hours at mountain you should at least get a SH or DKH, 2 hours at bandits you should at least get Spire or BC. Though it's all relative to how effective a hunter you are. Lets say these "2 hours" are assuming all mobs that spawn at said area are being killed.

This way, everyone, with some time spent, can obtain the items they require. This allows all of us to PvP a lot more. On top of this, I know I for one would start a new account just to have a new build. All that stops me now is the knowledge that I can't even acquire items on my main, so I'm not going to split my attention between two accounts.

ARTgames

I don't care both ways. Not saying this will happen but It be a possibility when everyone has the best stuff they will Pvp's for a while, then leave. And the game looses people. Unless there new stuff added or so three.

But since this game has been going as long as it has I don't think that will happen.

I just kinda wish there way a way to reset your account to level one like you just made the account. I kinda don't want to pay $10 for new stats. :/

RayRay

Now that I think about it, I think low chance is the whole reason why some of us play. When we get it so easily, what are we gonna do afterwards? We'd play for days, even months to get this one item. Now what will happen if it was increased and you just got it in 9 hours? Would you keep playing, or get bored?

In the same way, I also think that if we do this, Stick Online COULD be deserted...

Mystery

Quote from: RayRay on November 26, 2010, 04:04:23 PM
Now that I think about it, I think low chance is the whole reason why some of us play. When we get it so easily, what are we gonna do afterwards? We'd play for days, even months to get this one item. Now what will happen if it was increased and you just got it in 9 hours? Would you keep playing, or get bored?

In the same way, I also think that if we do this, Stick Online COULD be deserted...
Get more items?  :-\

I agree that Seifer's idea is a bit over the top, I'd just like you to be able to get an item pretty easily after grinding for a couple weeks/days or so(depending on the item), preferably sooner. An hour is too short IMO.

Stick Online will not be deserted. Get new accounts, and play again. Or practice PVPing. And there's going to be new accounts made.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

RayRay

Quote from: Mystery on November 26, 2010, 04:15:39 PM
Quote from: RayRay on November 26, 2010, 04:04:23 PM

Get more items?  :-\

I agree that Seifer's idea is a bit over the top, I'd just like you to be able to get an item pretty easily after grinding for a couple weeks or so, preferably sooner. An hour is too short IMO.

Stick Online will not be deserted. Get new accounts, and play again. Or practice PVPing. And there's going to be new accounts made.
lol You're right. It'd be kinda better to get increased rates, so I just hope Seifer was JK, or he's got problems, like with Danimal I guess.
Also if you wanna burn money then it's a great idea to buy more accounts. Heh... Or until SOv3 comes out.

Seifer

Fine. 10 hours. I don't care. The point is, I've spent hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of hours looking for one item, and I'm !@#$ing sick of it. No one should be subject to this crap. I don't play to grind, I play to enjoy myself. I'd love to be able to obtain the items I want, so I could prowl the games land and go where I please, do as I wish, but no, I'm a slave to the Dark Bandits. No one wants that. We all want to be able to play as we please.

Mystery

Quote from: Seifer on November 26, 2010, 06:03:20 PM
Fine. 10 hours. I don't care. The point is, I've spent hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of hours looking for one item, and I'm !@#$ing sick of it. No one should be subject to this crap. I don't play to grind, I play to enjoy myself. I'd love to be able to obtain the items I want, so I could prowl the games land and go where I please, do as I wish, but no, I'm a slave to the Dark Bandits. No one wants that. We all want to be able to play as we please.
^This. 10 hours is a reasonable amount for casual players(a week or so).

ARTgames

calm down man. fine! talk it over with meiun.

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on November 26, 2010, 06:59:33 PM
calm down man. fine! talk it over with meiun.
Or instead of Seifer using up yet another favor from Meiun, Meiun could increase the drop rate so Seifer finally legitimately gets Spire Dagger through his own means, not a request, and so others have an even bigger chance to do the same.

RayRay

Quote from: Mystery on November 26, 2010, 07:06:25 PM
Or instead of Seifer using up yet another favor from Meiun, ... ...
Are you saying he seems... greedy?
Quote from: Mystery again on November 26, 2010, 07:06:25 PM
... ... Meiun could increase the drop rate so Seifer finally legitimately gets Spire Dagger through his own means, not a request, and so others have an even bigger chance to do the same.
Yet another reason why we should have increased drop rates.

So... do you think Meiun agrees/will agree?

Mystery

Quote from: RayRay on November 26, 2010, 07:35:29 PM
Quote from: Mystery on November 26, 2010, 07:06:25 PM
Or instead of Seifer using up yet another favor from Meiun, ... ...
Are you saying he seems... greedy?
No, I'm saying he deserves a damn Spire after all the work and time he's put into hunting for one. Drop rates become ridiculous when you can't get an item after continuous, long-term grinding. There might be Spire drops every so often(quite rare in comparison to the general populous), but they're to random people, some of which fought a BA only a few times, and not to the ones who might deserve it more.

Quote from: RayRay on November 26, 2010, 07:35:29 PM
So... do you think Meiun agrees/will agree?
I don't know and won't know if/until he posts here. Danimal tells me he's firmly against it(both him and Meiun), but I'm not completely sure about the specific matters in this topic.

Seifer

Danimal saw me suggestion of two hours and laughed at me, but felt more complacent with 10 hours. Meiun has not been on as of late, but when the chance arises we will have yet another talk. Remember though, he is without a laptop as of late, and until he gets it back from Asus, there isn't much he can do on SO. In either case, we as a team on SO do feel that SOMETHING needs to be done about drops, so fret not. Whether it is things being put in store, increased mob/boss spawns, increased drop rates, nerfing of rare items so that things are more balanced, increased drop rates or a combination of things, something will be done.

Of course the ultimate question to go along with this discussion is what will happen when people find themselves more easily aquiring the items they seek? What will happen when players feel they do not need to go out and seek items? This is the balance we must strike. We must fear the worst, that should people be able to get an item they want, in even say, 10 hours, after they get that stuff, they rarely play, and SO once again becomes barren.

Mystery

Quote from: Seifer on November 26, 2010, 07:50:13 PM
Danimal saw me suggestion of two hours and laughed at me, but felt more complacent with 10 hours. Meiun has not been on as of late, but when the chance arises we will have yet another talk. Remember though, he is without a laptop as of late, and until he gets it back from Asus, there isn't much he can do on SO. In either case, we as a team on SO do feel that SOMETHING needs to be done about drops, so fret not. Whether it is things being put in store, increased mob/boss spawns, increased drop rates, nerfing of rare items so that things are more balanced, increased drop rates or a combination of things, something will be done.
Yes, thank you.  :D The only thing I'm worried about now is the shop suggestion, that the items might just be a tadddd too expensive for some people to ever get them.

Quote from: Seifer on November 26, 2010, 07:50:13 PM

Of course the ultimate question to go along with this discussion is what will happen when people find themselves more easily aquiring the items they seek? What will happen when players feel they do not need to go out and seek items? This is the balance we must strike. We must fear the worst, that should people be able to get an item they want, in even say, 10 hours, after they get that stuff, they rarely play, and SO once again becomes barren.

Then make it so it'd be relatively simple to get a single rare drop you want, but not all of them. I myself care only about a select few items, and I'm sure most people do. (It varies from person to person.) In addition to that,, several people love to socialize, PVP, make new accounts, or just goof around in SO, it's not always a grindfest. And there's occasionally newcomers, and with all the recent activity, I don't feel that SO will become barren anytime soon. Besides, the donor server wasn't always intended to be active:

Quote from: MeiunStick Online isn't "dead" unless we give up or stop developing it, which definitely isn't going to happen anytime soon on my watch. Sure the current donor server may not be incredibly active as of late, but you guys seem to forget over and over that the donor server is more of a thank you to the donors who still want to be able to play V2, than an actively developed part of Stick Online. I was never expecting the donor server to be "highly active" or anything like that. Either way, part of the reason for the drop in activity lately almost definitely has a lot to do with me being extremely busy finishing up this semester of college (which has been a very busy one). But, luckily I've only got 2 more weeks till its over. Also, while it may not be uncommon lately to only see a couple people on at once, I also have seen 7-10 on a fairly regular basis as well. It really depends what time you go on it seems.

Also, while I have enjoyed adding little bonus's to the donor server version of V2 from time to time, you guys need to remember that one of the main reasons we took it down to the public was in order to focus on V3. So it wouldn't make a lot of sense for me to be devoting huge amounts of effort to further something when A) It is only currently used as a thank you to our donors, and B) Would just take up time that could otherwise be used towards V3.

But whatever the case may be, people have donated to play on the donor server, and therefore I would like to keep it up as long as possible (at the very least until V3 is available).

RayRay

WHAT THE !@#$ MYSTERY ON THE SIDE OF YOUR POSTS IT SAYS "Posts: leet" ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
EDIT: Maybe that's something of comedy on the forums I guess...
EDIT2: Proof.