News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Scotty, December 13, 2010, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Rok

Quote from: Chaos on March 26, 2011, 04:06:42 AM
Haha, Lucifer linked me to this earlier.  !@#$ing hilarious, and oh so true :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

Haha, thanks for that.

Scotty

Lucifer

Is it just me or does the video pause at around 26:00 and screw up the audio? Anyways, !@#$ing awesome just doesn't cut it.
Time to start saving up for a new computer so I can play that shit at max detail and require a change of boxers every 10 minutes.

Gho$t

Can't wait, this and MW3 before xmas time then a few after and I will be good for a while. Graphics look amazing compared to Oblivion and Morrowind. Although Oblivion's models and textures weren't so bad.

Jake

Please don't mention MW3 in this holy grail of topics. Tis not kind to Bethesda or Skyrim, please show more respect in the future.

krele

11clock

Quote from: krele on August 11, 2011, 10:09:35 PM
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8519901309/bethesda-are-suing-us-heres-the-full-story

Good. Now they can afford to make a better trailer.

...Now that is stupid. Companies are seriously suing against things so minor? I would see a reason to sue if they were using "The Elder Scrolls," but just by using ONE word? I bet they are just wanting money.

Scotty

Quote from: 11clock on August 11, 2011, 10:15:20 PM
Quote from: krele on August 11, 2011, 10:09:35 PM
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8519901309/bethesda-are-suing-us-heres-the-full-story

Good. Now they can afford to make a better trailer.

...Now that is stupid. Companies are seriously suing against things so minor? I would see a reason to sue if they were using "The Elder Scrolls," but just by using ONE word? I bet they are just wanting money.

Nope, I explain it here: http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2278.0

venuse

just got the game hope it is good. just need to update.

ps ya i know im reviving an old topic but oh well.

11clock

Chaos

Been playing it for the past few hours, and I've concluded that my computer can not run it on max.  Nope.  Medium-High, but definitely not max, heh.  Been quitting out every so often to tweak my graphical settings.  Trying to get that perfect balance between graphics and gameplay quality.   ;D
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

~Spoilers~

Pretty !@#$ing awesome. I've played for a good while so far, whenever I can drag my sister away from it. Its got all of the charm of Oblivion and Fallout 3, and less of their faults. There's less dilly-dallying (I.E. removing Repair, and leveling without sleeping), letting you get straight into the action; which seems more satisfying and enjoyable than ever. I've been playing the game on the most difficult setting, and it doesn't screw around; I'm forced to use up a good amount of resources on most fights, and sometimes I have to up and run for my life (Don't !@#$ with Giants and Mammoths early on...). It's not a giant dickwad like Oblivion with its terrible scaling system, and you'll occasionally wander into areas that once gave you trouble only to find that you can now one-hit KO everything.

I'm playing a very basic Orc Warrior type character named Bob, of course. Bob enjoys crushing rabbits with his Fine Dwarven Warhammer, and is working on crafting himself a full set of Dwarven Armor as soon as he gets his hands on the ingots. Bob loves his two handed weapons, they make him happy when they decapitate poor, helpless bandits.

I haven't done much in terms of the main quest, but I've made some progress with The Companions. I highly recommend them, they're very... interesting ;).

Matty_Richo

Game is freaking awesome! Seriously, this game deserves to get game of the year.

Jake

Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 13, 2011, 06:22:07 AM
Game is freaking awesome! Seriously, this game deserves to get game of the year.
The game is pretty amazing, I don't know about game of the year though. The scripted sequences during the first half hour of the game are pretty bad. It's also amazing to me that the game can be so incredibly glitchy after being in development for such a long time. During my 10 hours of play time so far, I've experienced a large amount of levitating objects, creatures that randomly shoot into the sky, my horse getting warped a mile away the second I get off it, severe water flickering, and MUCH more.

I do have to say I love the content though. Seems very creative and varied, and the graphics are definitely improved over oblivion. I honestly can't wait to play more.

venuse

ive only encountered 2 glitches. the game crashed when i tried to exit a cave once, and some missing water in a stream. loving the game so far, although vampirism is really weak in this and just plain sucks.