News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Scotty, December 13, 2010, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankyal

FUS RO DAH!

I have a shit laptop with INTEGRATED GRAPHICS so I won't get to play this game for probably a year....All I have is the trailer music to keep me company:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELvpW46d0Aw

Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Chaos

Quote from: Jake on November 13, 2011, 10:11:27 AM
Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 13, 2011, 06:22:07 AM
Game is freaking awesome! Seriously, this game deserves to get game of the year.
The game is pretty amazing, I don't know about game of the year though. The scripted sequences during the first half hour of the game are pretty bad. It's also amazing to me that the game can be so incredibly glitchy after being in development for such a long time. During my 10 hours of play time so far, I've experienced a large amount of levitating objects, creatures that randomly shoot into the sky, my horse getting warped a mile away the second I get off it, severe water flickering, and MUCH more.

I do have to say I love the content though. Seems very creative and varied, and the graphics are definitely improved over oblivion. I honestly can't wait to play more.

You update your graphic drivers?  Mind you, I've seen my share of levitating objects (and people) already, but the flickering sounds like it could be old drivers.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

Quote from: venuse on November 13, 2011, 10:18:17 AM
ive only encountered 2 glitches. the game crashed when i tried to exit a cave once, and some missing water in a stream. loving the game so far, although vampirism is really weak in this and just plain sucks.
Does it?
I haven't encountered it so far, however I had the same first impression of being a werewolf. The fact that you can't use items in your inventory to heal yourself, instead relying on corpses, makes approaching most battles with it obsolete. However, if it's a large, spread out camp you're dealing with, it can sometimes succeed where potion/food spam fails.

I wonder if you can become a werewolf and a vampire...

venuse

oh i learned you cant marry a khajiit. dang it i wanted to marry a catgirl, guess ill have to settle for a lizard girl.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Jake on November 13, 2011, 10:11:27 AM
Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 13, 2011, 06:22:07 AM
Game is freaking awesome! Seriously, this game deserves to get game of the year.
The game is pretty amazing, I don't know about game of the year though. The scripted sequences during the first half hour of the game are pretty bad. It's also amazing to me that the game can be so incredibly glitchy after being in development for such a long time. During my 10 hours of play time so far, I've experienced a large amount of levitating objects, creatures that randomly shoot into the sky, my horse getting warped a mile away the second I get off it, severe water flickering, and MUCH more.

I do have to say I love the content though. Seems very creative and varied, and the graphics are definitely improved over oblivion. I honestly can't wait to play more.

When I was approaching a giant camp. a mammoths all of a sudden catapulted into the sky and remained at cloud height for about 10 minutes before coming down. I've also fallen out of the map twice and the game has crashed without warning 3 times...

My char is a dark elf mage who is obsessed with electricity. Pretty sure I have at least all adept shock spells now. Loving the game so far, despite it's bugs, though.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Matty_Richo

Bugs certainly are there, however, for a game of such a large scale, it is to be expected, but it's getting patched, and also once the Creation Kit comes out there'll be an Unofficial Patch in no time.

T-Rok

I just bought it.... Excuse me for 20 hours. Hopefully I don't work tomorrow morning.

Jake

Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 13, 2011, 07:10:19 PM
Bugs certainly are there, however, for a game of such a large scale, it is to be expected, but it's getting patched, and also once the Creation Kit comes out there'll be an Unofficial Patch in no time.
Honestly, it's not expected anymore. They've had 10 years to figure this out, but the same bugs that were in Oblivion and Fallout continue to persist. They need to stop getting ahead of themselves and focus on fixing their coding. Also, the PC version is seriously gimped when it comes to controlling the menus. I literally feel like shooting any developer that uses mouse acceleration or deceleration. It's !@#$in stupid. my mouse controls fine the way it is, don't change something that's already perfect.

As much as I bitch, I dont want it to take away from the fact that I love the game. It's simply annoying to see so many areas where things could be easily improved if only developers took their thumbs out of their asses. I mean, how hard is it to make an NPC say something other than "Ever heard of mudcrabs?" after he gets randomly attacked by two mages and barely survives. It's the subtle shit like that that really takes me out of the experience. Also, my drivers are up to date.

Scotty

I'm up to two game crashes that resulted in power cycling and one BSOD from the game thus far.  Effin LOVE this game!  ;D

Chaos111

I haven't encountered any bugs or glitches so far, which is always a good thing!
But one thing that does annoy me is how i pretty much got insta killed by a frost troll trying to do part of the main story...
Life is only the beginning of the story.

T-Rok

Quote from: Chaos111 on November 14, 2011, 12:47:17 AM
I haven't encountered any bugs or glitches so far, which is always a good thing!
But one thing that does annoy me is how i pretty much got insta killed by a frost troll trying to do part of the main story...

If you read the books in game about them, you find that trolls are OP. It is highly suggest repeatedly to have a shield to fight them :3

Chaos

Quote from: Chaos111 on November 14, 2011, 12:47:17 AM

Same, pretty much 2 or 3 hits and I'd die, along with the fact that it regened faster than I could land decent hits on it.  The delay after doing a power swing with my great sword where I pretty much can't move at all for a full second is REALLY annoying.  Eventually ended up just going around it and outrunning it.

Also, kinda disappointed by the fact that there are no actual 'stats' in the game, unlike Morrowind and Oblivion.  Gone are Strength, Agility, Speed, Intelligence, etc...

Also, disappointed that I can't sock a smart-mouthed brat in the mouth.  Seriously, we still can't harm children?  Did we not get over this bollocks with Fallout 3?

Also, disappointed that there is no Acrobatics or Athletic skills anymore.  Some acrobatics perks to make dodging actually feasible in combat would have been a significant improvement.  Come on, dodge rolling?  Back-flips?  SOMETHING?

Also, disappointed with the general size of the towns.  Granted, I've only seen a handful of the towns yet, but of what I have seen, Whiterun has been the biggest, and compared to the towns in Morrowind and Oblivion, it's really !@#$ing small.  I'm really praying that some of the other cities, like Windhelm and Solitude, are actually large cities...

Seriously, liking the game, and been playing it pretty much all weekend, but these disappointments are building up, Bethesda.  :T
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

tehrozzy

The only glitches I've encountered so far are some menu freezes when using my xbox360 controller, but other then that it's been fine. I like how you can get a horse practically vertical on the side of a cliff and it just stands there, it looks hilarious.

Matty_Richo

Agree with the menus, they definitely were designed for a console and it's something I will be looking forward to changing as soon as there is a mod for it.

So far I've only really been to Whiterun and Riverwood, for a village I was fairly happy with Riverwood, but as far as the big cities go, I'm certainly hoping that Whiterun was the smallest.

I do miss Athletics and Acrobatics skills, and don't like the fact that I'm not going to get much faster or jump much higher throughout the game.

I enjoyed the stats system that oblivion had and would have rathered they'd stuck to that, I'm fine with perks, but I miss Speed, Agility, Willpower etc...

Another issue I have is that taking books, no matter where they are, doesn't seem to count as stealing, what's up with that, though there'll be a mod for that I'm sure.

Jake, I do agree with the fact that there are a lot of subtle things such as people acting normal after nearly dying and often people just say stupid things that totally aren't relevant, and hopefully there will be mods and stuff that deal with those things.

Something I am really impressed with are the caves and dungeons, they look amazing, they are full of puzzles and really cool stuff, whereas I was a bit disappointed with them in Oblivion.

Also I haven't totally decided about the new duel wielding system, I expect it's something I'll have to get used to, but the fact that if I have a sword in one hand and a spell in one hand meaning that I can't block (at least that I've worked out) is something that bothers me.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 14, 2011, 06:05:57 AM
Another issue I have is that taking books, no matter where they are, doesn't seem to count as stealing, what's up with that, though there'll be a mod for that I'm sure.
I found places where taking the book is stealing. It's just that most books say "Read", and people don't seem to mind you reading their books. It's just when you hit the "steal" button while the books open do they get annoyed.