News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Click if so/dl won't work...

Started by Aqua, July 29, 2009, 10:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

If you are experiencing issues with your client and haven't played since the server went down in early 2007, this is probably your problem. This generally regards the client failing to retrive the latest version, issues with logging in (specifically account not existing), and registration failures. The history behind this is simple: A fan forum site appeared about a year ago, and became quite popular, indeed the only place for SO fans to talk. People stumbled onto the topic of donations, and the long lost link for giving money to Dustin Miller (A.k.a. Meiun) was re-discovered. Within a week, donations flowed in of hundreds of dollars (hundreds of pounds too). In responce to this, Meiun created a server for contributors to play on as a reward for donating (NOT a payment, a privilege). Now, you can pay $10 (about 7-8 Pounts) to have an account activated from <2007, or a new account created. People whose donations were made prior to these events can still be 'used' to gain privileges to the Donor server. Details are included in this topic: Donor Server Info.

Side notes: This topic is probably misleading, but I created it to get attention for those creating topics without reading the above linked one.
~Aqua

Lingus

That's not exactly how it happened... I'm pretty sure Meiun made a post of some kind seeing if people would donate to play the game again after it had been taken down. They did and so he put the game back up for donations.

Aqua

Sorry, I was actually gone for a long period of time, in which I came back to it being up. I saw the topic regarding the Donor server being up due to what I described, but missed the topic asking if people would donate to play.
~Aqua