News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

DC Universe Online Release

Started by Meiun, January 12, 2011, 04:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on January 18, 2011, 10:21:11 PM
Quote from: TANK on January 18, 2011, 04:20:50 PM
i thought everyone would want to be the good guy when i went villain, i guess i was wrong.

Are you kidding? 9/10 kids these days would rather be the villan rest assured.

It's not just 'kids' really. It's just that being evil in games is more fun than being a good guy. Only taking Fallout 3 / New Vegas games for example, there's all these fleshy civilians around carrying loot (but to be fair, quite useless stuff), and the only reason you aren't killing them is because you wanna be 'nice' to the AI? Personally I just find being evil in games to be more fun and free and gives you more options, not just because I wanna be an asshole or something. Also this is coming from a guy who's name was made up when I was 10 and when I thought it was 'evil' or what have you. So you can put that into perspective. But hey- I've never played this game before so maybe being good or evil doesn't matter, it might all be linear in terms of quests and such.

But back on topic. I myself am a little bit strapped for cash, and I usually don't do the whole monthly payments thing anyways, because I can't help but feel that when the game gets out dated or whatever or if I just get tired of it, I'd look back and say "wow, did I really spend that much money on one game?". I understand that there's a life time payment...Of 200 dollars on the PC. But why would I spend 50 bucks for the game, then another 200 that could be used for a whole gaming console? I have heard excellent things about the game, and as much as I'd like to try it, I just can't afford it at the moment, haha.

Gin

Quote from: venuse on January 23, 2011, 10:08:49 AM
im adding you gin :P also i may make a char on the first server because the death and glory server gets full.

Im thinking about remaking my toon i find acrobatics better, I might go martial arts since range is quite differnt from i expected in this game, Im still trying to get the hang of it Im planning on a fire/ice toon again (because I'm a tank and always will be) Ill edit the post with my new name making somthing now i might research tanking also.

Finaly got around to remaking names Inoue. Acrobatic / Ice / Martial Arts (Batman mentor)
Joshie3 - lvl 49

Lingus

Quote from: Scotty on January 22, 2011, 09:25:41 PM
Quote from: Lingus on January 22, 2011, 09:24:00 PM
A friend demoed it for like 5 minutes. The character creation and a couple minutes of play time. Looked really awesome. Unfortunately I'm in MMOA (MMO Anonymous) so I can't play these games anymore.

Do what I do, develop a raging case of Attention Deficit Disorder, and you'll never become addicted to it!
Haha! Good advice, but then how do you deal with the ADD? I guess it's less of an issue than video game addiction?

In all seriousness though, I'm not really too interested in playing games much anymore. I much prefer many other things in life and playing games all day/night takes away time from those other things. So I'm happy... Plus I don't waste tons of money on monthly subs anymore.

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on January 24, 2011, 01:16:16 PM
A friend demoed it for like 5 minutes. The character creation and a couple minutes of play time. Looked really awesome. Unfortunately I'm in MMOA (MMO Anonymous) so I can't play these games anymore.

Do what I do, develop a raging case of Attention Deficit Disorder, and you'll never become addicted to it!
Haha! Good advice, but then how do you deal with the ADD? I guess it's less of an issue than video game addiction?

In all seriousness though, I'm not really too interested in playing games much anymore. I much prefer many other things in life and playing games all day/night takes away time from those other things. So I'm happy... Plus I don't waste tons of money on monthly subs anymore.

You are the subject of envy amongst many gamers, although I'm certain someone with your experiences is well aware of that.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Scotty on January 24, 2011, 01:38:51 PM
Quote from: Lingus on January 24, 2011, 01:16:16 PM

You are the subject of envy amongst many gamers, although I'm certain someone with your experiences is well aware of that.

Once your in the circle, you become the circle.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

venuse

there is one thing that really bothers me about the community of this game. there is virtually no grouping. when i play an mmo i want to group some time but on this no one wants to group.

Meiun

Quote from: venuse on January 25, 2011, 07:51:21 PM
there is one thing that really bothers me about the community of this game. there is virtually no grouping. when i play an mmo i want to group some time but on this no one wants to group.
Huh, really? I have actually grouped in this more than I ever did in many other MMO's, and I played a bunch of them. Just shout out when you have a particular mission your doing and I've almost always been able to find people to group with (unless it's a super easy one, where I don't even bother). Also, all the Alert missions (instanced) starting at level 10 you NEED a group, which it can automatically provide you with.

venuse

sorry but ive shouted out missions and  never got anyresponse, im level 16 . frankly ive had 2 groups in dc universe, where as in Pandora saga ive had around 10 and my char is only level 14.

Gin

I havent needed to group for any of the quests, although i got invited to one for bane, I got locked out for the fight though and got 2 achivments for it XD. The hotkey Y then you can do the branic invasion thing which is actually quite fun and challenging, I think they want to make it so you dont have to group for quests if you dont want to but you can if you wish, either way im loving the game.
Joshie3 - lvl 49

venuse

well found me a league and a few more groups and be adding people for friends. so its been alittle better. cant remember of league name :P

Gin

Quote from: venuse on January 28, 2011, 05:33:47 PM
well found me a league and a few more groups and be adding people for friends. so its been alittle better. cant remember of league name :P
Yeh same here, I'm in a league and there was another ice player who has helped me out alot, im finding questing even easier now, game is great fun.
Joshie3 - lvl 49

venuse

decided to go back to playing champions online :P