News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Eversion

Started by DarkBlade325, February 21, 2011, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBlade325

Heya dudes, I'm bored so I figured I'd tell yah about a fun little platformer I stumbled across.. a Year back was it? I've already forgotten. It's a year old game, so I'm sure many of you have played. Anyways, Eversion is a Indie platformer that is both on Steam as a 5 dollar HD edition, or the original free 8-bit version. Its your standard platform afair- very similar to Mario.

But with all platformers, there's always a twist that keeps it separate from other platformers. Eversions is basically an ability where you can warp dimensions and make some obstacles appear or disappear, but it can only be done on certain parts of the map. There's certain parts where you're required to use the 'Everse' skill to get rid of some obstacle or make some platform like clouds appear.  The main objective of the game is to collect all the gems, so don't run through each level. Take your time to get all the gems.

And yeah, the game comes with a very cute style to it. I first noticed this when I saw that your main character dude looks like a tiny batter's mitten with yellow socks. It's not your "OHMAIGOD THIS IS THE BEST PLATFORMER EVER" sorta deal, but it's definitely something I'd recommend playing if you wanna burn an hour or two, and if you wanna try something 'new'. You won't think much of it when you first start it up, but just stick with it.

Anyways, link to the main download site below. But two things I'd recommend doing.
1: Don't do any researching about the game. The whole 'Eversion' mechanic is something that you don't wanna ruin by looking up the game via wiki or something and accidentally stumbling upon something that seems like a spoiler. The main download page gives you your controls, and everything you need to know to play.

2: If you have played the game, which I'm sure atleast some of you guys have- it's been out for a while, don't spoil the main mechanic of the game alright? Cheers dudes. Anyways a link to the main download site is below. But do feel free to discuss the game below, I wish to know if any of you guys have played it, and I wish to know your opinion.

http://zarat.us/tra/offline-games/eversion.html

RayRay

Yeah, this game is fun! It's very happy looking and barely a challenge! You should play this!!

This game is very, very creepy and scary. DON'T PLAY NEAR A 5 YEAR OLD.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: RayRay on February 21, 2011, 06:28:35 PM
Yeah, this game is fun! It's very happy looking and barely a challenge! You should play this!!
To be fair, the later levels do put up a challenge. Specially if you're going for all the gems.

Mystery

I really enjoyed this game, but I must say, playing through it the first realllllllyyy threw me for a loop. Never expected that kind of twist.  :P
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Mystery on February 21, 2011, 09:05:59 PM
I really enjoyed this game, but I must say, playing through it the first realllllllyyy threw me for a loop. Never expected that kind of twist.  :P
Not sure what yah mean by twist, I just enjoyed it like any other platformer myself.

Mystery

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on February 22, 2011, 05:30:24 PM
Quote from: Mystery on February 21, 2011, 09:05:59 PM
Not sure what yah mean by twist, I just enjoyed it like any other platformer myself.
Welp, I don't mean gameplay-wise, I meant the events of the game itself. I expected a cheery little platformer the entire way through, and it's really-

*SPOILERS*
a very dark, gruesome game the more you play it. Eyeballs popping out of a block, blood explosions, creepy start-up messages and music, and the endings..
*END SPOILERS*

RayRay

Quote from: Mystery on February 22, 2011, 06:36:14 PM
*SPOILERS*
a very dark, gruesome game the more you play it. Eyeballs popping out of a block, blood explosions, creepy start-up messages and music, and the endings..
*END SPOILERS*

Did anyone notice that my post had a spoiler? Well, not actually a spoiler...

11clock

Stop with the spoilers, guys. People always have the intention of reading spoilers. When you say "SPOILER DO NOT LOOK", they WILL look, So don't post spoilers cause they're pointless!

Mystery

Quote from: 11clock on February 23, 2011, 05:56:25 PM
Stop with the spoilers, guys. People always have the intention of reading spoilers. When you say "SPOILER DO NOT LOOK", they WILL look, So don't post spoilers cause they're pointless!
Well, if they read it, it's their own fault for not avoiding it and wanting to spoil it themselves. I make sure that the text isn't visible at first glance and that you have to do something with it to made it readable.