News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Crysis 2 Leak

Started by Matty_Richo, February 13, 2011, 12:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

NOTE: No I'm not posting links to it, nor am I going to post unauthorized images.

Well it turns out that Crysis 2 was leaked 49 days before release. Apparently the copy that was leaked, has basically the full game (Including Multiplayer) it is just unpolished, so there are still bugs and whatnot through the game.

To be honest, I fell really sorry for Crytek, they put a lot of work into this game, to have it leaked like this would really suck for them. However I disagree that it will drop their sales very much.

What I really wanna know, is how was it leaked?

Meiun

Thank you for not posting any links and whatnot. But either way, yeah... I sort of do feel bad for them as well. People so often only look at the short term effects of things when they do something like download a leaked copy and stuff. But don't even stop to think that such a major leak like that could very well have a incredibly negative impact on that company, future updates for the game, and even future games/software by them too.

I've always pretty much been against game piracy personaly. Music piracy is one thing, seeing as I do not at all support the way the music industry is run in many cases to begin with, and that I have actually heard a good number of my favorite musicians say straight up that they don't mind if people pirate their stuff, and that for their bands at least it has actually ended up helping them more than anything (helping the artists themselves, not the "record company," which in my opinion is who really matters).

But anyways, yeah that sucks ;D

EpicPhailure

Damn man. That really sucks. I mean, piracy is one thing, but when the game isn't even out yet? That's what really hurts the devs. I wonder how they'll counter this, since I hear the online authentication key is contained in the package too.

EDIT: Leaks come from retarded employees, or from hacking attempts.

Kiegruen

I played the game on the 360 and it seemed like a fairly great game, both graphically (graphics are insane, probably some of the best, if not the best) and multiplayer gameplay seemed to keep great elements of the first one as well as some pretty wicked new ones.

I did notice some lag on the 360 though, I think it may be a little too advanced for it graphically.

Overall seems like it's going to be a fairly good game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Kie~~~~~~~~~~~~
AKA That One Bro