News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Battlefield 3 game footage

Started by Scotty, March 02, 2011, 11:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Pulled from Ars Technica.  This has to be some of the smoothest and realistic animations I've seen in an FPS yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsfTksi_kHs&feature=player_embedded

Chaos

Wow, that looks awesome.  I hope they keep the classic Battlefield base grabbing, too, though. :o  Would be a shame to ditch that in favour of playing exactly the same as CoD... -_-
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

Quote from: Chaos on March 02, 2011, 03:22:30 PM
Wow, that looks awesome.  I hope they keep the classic Battlefield base grabbing, too, though. :o  Would be a shame to ditch that in favour of playing exactly the same as CoD... -_-

I'd be shocked if they ever deviated and took the approach of CoD.  Battlefield's franchise has always been about grabbing bases, to become another CoD would be a shot in the foot, and 3 steps back for them.

Cactuscat222

I've always seen Battlefield games as much more team-oriented as well, which I love. My first experience with Bad Company 2 was amazing, because the squad based combat was really awesome - people actually worked together, we were strategizing over the mic, we were doing really well, and not a single one of us knew the other. I played for a few hours, and every game went like that. Team deathmatch in CoD isn't even really that - its just that there are some guys you don't need to shoot at who sometimes shoot over your shoulder and get your kill. But for the Battlefield games I've played (BF2142, Bad Company 2, and a little BF2), they've all been much more aligned with team play, so I hope that is retained.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Jake

Quote from: Chaos on March 02, 2011, 03:22:30 PM
From what I've read, the game won't be anything like CoD. Huge maps, lots of vehicles, massive teams. This is a true Battlefield game and they know what their fans want.

bubba

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on March 02, 2011, 07:01:22 PM
I've always seen Battlefield games as much more team-oriented as well, which I love. My first experience with Bad Company 2 was amazing, because the squad based combat was really awesome - people actually worked together, we were strategizing over the mic, we were doing really well, and not a single one of us knew the other. I played for a few hours, and every game went like that. Team deathmatch in CoD isn't even really that - its just that there are some guys you don't need to shoot at who sometimes shoot over your shoulder and get your kill. But for the Battlefield games I've played (BF2142, Bad Company 2, and a little BF2), they've all been much more aligned with team play, so I hope that is retained.

If you like teamplay orientated games, try out Project Reality, it's a BF2 mod bent on super-realism and teamwork is a necessity.

as for bf3:
JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS

T-Rok

O_O This makes think about the new Unreal Engine that took three GeForce GTX 580 GPUs to run. Posting a topic about it now actually.

Jake

One thing I've always loved about Dice is their ability to make beautiful games that run well and scale nicely.

krele

Achieved with CryEngine 9001 ~

stick d00d

This looks sick, the campaign looks better then BF2, excited to see the multiplayer.

stick d00d

Sorry to double post, but in case nobody knows of this, if Battlefield gets 1 million likes on FaceBook they will reveal a 12 minute trailer for the game. Here's the page: http://www.facebook.com/battlefield?sk=app_205494772808486 It's currently at 760,000+ as of now.

Jake

Quote from: stick d00d on April 16, 2011, 08:01:16 AM
Sorry to double post, but in case nobody knows of this, if Battlefield gets 1 million likes on FaceBook they will reveal a 12 minute trailer for the game. Here's the page: http://www.facebook.com/battlefield?sk=app_205494772808486 It's currently at 760,000+ as of now.
No need to wait for the trailer, it's already out.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/04/18/battlefield-3-full-demo-video

stick d00d

Ha, yea... I realized that a bit after I posted this, it came out the same day in fact....