News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Musical Instrument?

Started by God-I-Suck, August 01, 2009, 02:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God-I-Suck

I want to know if any of you play an instrument. I got pretty interested in playing one when I saw my cousin play the piano. If I could play an instrument I would want to play the violin, sounds crazy, but it seems interesting. What do you guys play? What do you want to play? Let's talk! Would be great if someone here played violin and gives me some information about it. :D

tehrozzy

Im currently learning to play the guitar, my dad got me hooked by teaching me how to play part of one of my favourite songs. lol. my fingers hurt now, yours will too for a bit if your learning violin. its worth it tho :D

yottabyte

I play piano sometimes.

And if I could play any instrument it would be a harmonica. They are small and easy to carry and they sound good.

But I suck at it  :P

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Danimal

I play the piano, and the guitar
Have done for years  ;)

11clock

I don't play an instrument.

Titan

I play electric guitar. My 11 year old cousin plays violin and is pretty good at it and its pretty cool to hear him play.
Livin' in a lonely world.

ArtGames

I played the keypad on the phone. i don't know if that counts though.

Bo-sox

I play the violin and the flute.

EpicPhailure

I play the Viola. The viola is a lot similar to the Violin, with the only exception being that they're generally larger than violins and that the four strings are one octave lower. Or something like that.

scsox

i've been plain the violin for over 9 years... and playin alto saxaphone for 4 years :)

my advise to you is if you are really interested in playing violin i would consult with your parents and try to get a private teacher (thats the best way to learn). but learnin' the violin is a HUGE commitment and u have to really be focused and really want to be there to learn.

(just like aqwa)

~scsox

Scotty

First instrument I played was a violin in grade school, then a trumpet to learn basic music theory.  After that, I moved to the alto saxophone, the tuba, and finally settled upon the guitar.  Right now I have a Les Paul (Zakk Wylde's Bullseye model).  When I get back, I've been tremendously intrigued with ibanez ever since listening to Vai or Satriani, but I think with my modern interests, I may look into an ESP model.  Dream guitar of course being a PRS with the dove neck inlays.  God those are beautiful, and I'll lose myself in a guitar center for hours with their small stash of PRS's.

Although being out here sitting around during hookah nights has re-invigorated my desire to pick up an accoustic.  Always great to have in groups of friends during BBQ's, drinking, or good ol' fashion fun around the fire.

They actually did some studies of students who have a musical background of some sort vice those that don't, and I s'pose from the statistical standpoint, those who have a background in music have better comprehension of intricate problems vice those that have no background what-so-ever.  The validity on that?  I don't know, just here-say from others, but it is an interesting fact, plus chicks dig men who play guitar! :D

EpicPhailure

krele

Quote from: ArtGames on August 01, 2009, 12:28:31 PM
I played the keypad on the phone. i don't know if that counts though.
Hahaha so did I! Well... only "In the Jungle", "Jingle Bells" and "Happy Birthday" tho... Hehe

JollyRoger

I've played the French Horn for 4 years.

Mystery

I've played the piano since I was young.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.