News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Musical Instrument?

Started by God-I-Suck, August 01, 2009, 02:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: Epicphail on August 01, 2009, 07:08:41 PM
Basic...music theory?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_theory

Think of it this in a programming sort of way, since we have a lot of aspiring programmers.  You have a language, be it C#, Java, GML, C, C++, whatever.  You need to know constructs of the language before you jump in.  You could just pick up a book for studying, but you need to know how the functions work, you need to grasp OOP in order to fully understand and utilize the language.  You need to understand the unique constructs of each language in order to use it properly.  Without that knowledge, you really won't ever tap into the full possibilities of the language.

flashmaniac

I can play the Guitar, Sing and play the Piano :)

Mr Pwnage

Yeah sooo...
In grade school I started out on violin, pretty much everybody did in 4th grade because it was either that or chorus...
Than 5th and 6th grade I played the trumpet in band...and just so you know I hated both of these, most likely because I'm tone-deaf, but w/e.

So, more seriously, I didn't play anything in 7th grade or 8th grade...but I started playing the electric guitar in 9th grade because my dad professionally plays piano, and getting me a guitar was his attempt to help "bond" us I guess...so, I learned how to play mildly, he got me a Stratocaster. I am still not very good though. :-\
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ZaC

I play the decks.

For those who don't know what they are, here is a pic...

Zac's Web Development, if your interested PM me - cheap prices !!

ZaC

They arn't mine though. Mine are sooo much more shecshy.
Zac's Web Development, if your interested PM me - cheap prices !!

Dragx_Rage

NotoriousM4^

I play the bass drum, alto sax, and trumpet. I use virtual DJ every now and then to mix a few beats for my cousins Ustream vids (he hasn't been making any recently though). :O By the way zacs, whats your deck look like (brands, slips, crossfaders, mixers,effect units, digital controls)?  :P I know cause my dad has a DJ Deck in his basement, I don't really know how to use it fully yet; I'm still learning  ;D.

Hambone

I played the cello for a bit, but I currently play the baritone and euphonium.

Jayce

I play the guitar, piano, learning the dobro, learning some bas guitar, and I play percussion *maily trap*.

Soup

I play the keyboard.. (Not the musical one.)  ;D

Souperman!

cheese

:DI play the trumpet/cornet and guitar
oh and rockband drums  ;)

hartless!

Ive been playin electric guitar for 9 and a half years now, i can play anything ranging from smoke on the water to eruption by van halen (for those who dont know what it is look it up!)

Forum

I started playing the trumpet but then quit i didn't like. I want to learn to play the piano though/
Officially quitted

swordmaster

IGN:iCup