News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

New Weapon Idea: Leaf Blade

Started by igufed, March 15, 2011, 03:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igufed

So, I got bored last night and thought I'd try to make a weapon.  More geared for v2 as I don't know what v3's style is.  My first one, so, go easy. (Eventhough I know it's hard for you guys to refrain from pointless comments.) ;)

Called a Leaf Blade.

Dropped:

Inventory:

Zoomed:

How I imagine it will attack is it will have two motions; a downward and an upward.  Most likely hitting two targets. 

I can see it doing slightly more damage than a katana and possible 13-15 or so stam usage.  Probably a short cooldown as well, so, slower than a katana, but not as much as a WH. Probably more along the lines of a SS.

I'd also suspect it would drop from a BBB.  More rare of a drop than a WH from a BBB.

I tried making an animation of the general attack, but, as you can see below, it didn't turn out too well. But, I think it gets my point across about the two striking motions. (Do not say how much the animation sucks, I know it isn't the greatest, but, if anyone wants to take the sprite and make a good animation, go for it.)

Thoughts?
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Torch

The inventory sprite is really cool, the animation is choppy and unrealistic. The stickman shouldn't be standing straight up for the whole animation and the leg movement doesn't make sense either. Try swinging an imaginary sword in real life and use that as a basis. Your leg doesn't come off the ground and most of the movement should be in the upper body.

igufed

Quote from: Torch on March 15, 2011, 03:25:39 PM
the animation is choppy and unrealistic.

Reread everything I said about the animation. ;)

Animation was just to give a slight idea of how I imagine it attacking. I know it's awful, as it was stated in the first post.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

king

Quote from: igufed on March 15, 2011, 03:29:51 PM
Quote from: Torch on March 15, 2011, 03:25:39 PM
the animation is choppy and unrealistic.

Reread everything I said about the animation. ;)

Animation was just to give a slight idea of how I imagine it attacking. I know it's awful, as it was stated in the first post.

not awfule

saraahhwk

I think it's awesome and the BBB should dropp it :)

aedan

Ha, I think that would be a pretty cool weapon. Even if it was a noob weapon i would still have it in my inventory. Nice job! ;)

Pinball

I like it.  Nice work on the drop icon.

Quote from: igufed on March 15, 2011, 03:21:59 PM
How I imagine it will attack is it will have two motions; a downward and an upward.  Most likely hitting two targets. 
... if anyone wants to take the sprite and make a good animation, go for it.

I made it swing up then down, but whatever.

Loganvz123

Nice Sprite Pin, but is it just me or is the weapon much smaller when it is higher?

Celson

Quote from: Pinball on March 16, 2011, 01:51:23 AM

Very nice. Now this is a sprite I can say that I'd actually like to see in-game.

Torch

I like it! Definitely looks like in-game material.

Chaos

Bravo.  Looks awesome, good sir, and you didn't make the classic mistake of putting the weapon in front of the head, making the sprite unusable.  I would support this to be added.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

T-Rok

Been sitting here staring at the last few posts that have the animation in it for a few minutes. It starts to mess with your mind. O_O Or maybe thats the 4am side effect. Who knows, still looks sweet.

CherryPie

Too bad SOv2 doesn't have a jungle area, would've fit in perfectly :(

Disregarding that fact, it could be a very rare drop from cacti.

11clock

I dislike how far his back arches. Fix that and I'll agree with everyone else that this is awesome.