News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

New Weapon Idea: Leaf Blade

Started by igufed, March 15, 2011, 03:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zario777

It should drop by BBBs and Cacti's. Be on the same tier as Katana or Scythe, ya?
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

T-Rok

I don't want another weak weapon -_-" It will be worthless.

Zario777

Weak? It isnt weak. And we have abunch of tier 1 weps
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

T-Rok

Quote from: Zario777 on March 21, 2011, 12:14:21 AM
Weak? It isnt weak. And we have abunch of tier 1 weps
Doesn't mean you have to stop? lol It should have a lower damage than GS per single hit, but if both hit it should be higher. At least thats my opinion.

Zario777

Well I still think they should drop by the ones suggested before. In terms of use, I also think it should be similar to Spire (it sucks without a decent amount of X [X being a specific stat point])

igufed

If I was going to compare it to anything, I'd say it is a multi-target hitting katana or short sword.

Which, I don't think would be pointless in the least bit.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Zario777

Somewhere inbetween (Kat does 16, SS does 20, so it should do 18 per slice) Although thats slightly less than GS, it wouldnt be a slow wep

Forum

A multi target hitting weapon semi easy to get for the public, as theres only IS-3, Flame gaunt-2, LSS-2?
Officially quitted

jackel1994

Kind of what you guys have said, I think it should have slightly more damage then katana, but less then short sword, having the re-use rate being the same as katana yet also hitting 2 target, 1 on the down swing and 1 on the up swing potentially meaning you could miss your second swing although animation is incredibly quick meaning the monster would have to be moving away from you before you started your attack (on most cases).

Lucifer

In any case the exact statistics wouldn't really be up to the community, Meiun would have the final say on balancing issues. A general layout is fine, but don't get too involved in the specifics. I'm interested to know if Meiun is actually accepting user-made sprites for the donor server, thus far I haven't seen any comments by him on the subject matter, but I would assume the answer would be yes considering Metal_Mat's Slasher.

JoEL

From memory slasher was going to enter the game as seifers gm weapon before the public server went down.

Id like this weapon to be acquirable in game. Hopefully not as rare as spire either, I'd like to be able to casually play and be able to get nice drops. Not grind my life away trying to obtain a new tier weapon like the spire (that shit is ridiculous, only players who grind away their life can manage to obtain said item). However I realise there is nothing else to do in SO except level, grind for items and pvp. But the pvp isn't as fun as it used to be because of how hard it is to get a new tier weapon and the people who are lucky enough to obtain these items are no match for players who don't have them.

Oh boy that turned into a rant...but yes it'd be nice to see a new weapon ingame again.

T-Rok

Quote from: JoEL on March 21, 2011, 07:49:13 PM
From memory slasher was going to enter the game as seifers gm weapon before the public server went down.

Id like this weapon to be acquirable in game. Hopefully not as rare as spire either, I'd like to be able to casually play and be able to get nice drops. Not grind my life away trying to obtain a new tier weapon like the spire (that shit is ridiculous, only players who grind away their life can manage to obtain said item). However I realise there is nothing else to do in SO except level, grind for items and pvp. But the pvp isn't as fun as it used to be because of how hard it is to get a new tier weapon and the people who are lucky enough to obtain these items are no match for players who don't have them.

Oh boy that turned into a rant...but yes it'd be nice to see a new weapon ingame again.

I logged in after being gone for a year. 8 BA's later I had BC, 2 more after I had Spire. Sooo yeah, definitely not my life.

Titan

I like this weapon, and I feel thats it's very well sprited.

I actually really like the idea of having each hit the power of a short sword/katana or some where in the range.
Being able to land 2 hits that fast, or missing one and hitting one would make pvp with it interesting.
Livin' in a lonely world.

JoEL

Quote from: T-Rok on March 22, 2011, 03:01:30 AM
Quote from: JoEL on March 21, 2011, 07:49:13 PM

I logged in after being gone for a year. 8 BA's later I had BC, 2 more after I had Spire. Sooo yeah, definitely not my life.

So you say that on behalf of the majority?

Zario777

Well Im still on BA #101 with only 5 daggers and 6 Bandit Masks. So (obviously) it varies