News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

crysis 2 screen shots.

Started by venuse, April 01, 2011, 09:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venuse

here are some pics from crysis 2 on my rig. almost at max.also even though it says 5 and 4 fps on the top right i actually get around 30 to 50. think its a glitch when taking a screen shot with fraps or something.
windows 7
Processor :   AMD Athlon II X4 640
Physical Memory :   8192MB DDR3-SDRAM
Video Card :   ATI Radeon HD 4770
Mainboard :   Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3

settings

EpicPhailure

WOW! The only thing I can see that detracts is that the buildings are a bit sloppy, but that's understandable.

Freeforall

Do you think my HP G61 could play this on low? It plays Crysis 1 fine, just wondering about this one.

AMD Sempron M120 2.10 GHz Processor
3.00GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS
AMD m880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

Is that good? :o

venuse

on youtube ive seen people play crysis 2 on high setting, wich is actually low, at 800x 600 res with this setup up SPECS: AMD Athlon X4 630 processor @ 3.0GHz OCZ DDR3 2gb 1333 Mhz RAM MSI 785-GM-E51 motherboard with NO sideport

however since im guesing you have a single core comp im realy not sure for you. at best i would say at the lowest settings and at the lowest res.

krele

It's quite simple actually.

CPU:
  • Sounds
  • Preloading
  • Physics

GPU:
  • Shaders
  • Models
  • Particles

If your cpu is low-end, put everything executed by the cpu on low settings
    If your gpu is low-end, put everything executed by the gpu on low settings

Freeforall

I don't know if this is a low end PC or not, it's a laptop. It was $800 though, bought in 2009.
I have another 2011 laptop that was $1.5k. It has a Nvidia graphics thing. Should I just use that instead?

ARTgames

I have played the game for about 2 hours. Best looking game I have ever played. Its really impressive. The character models are outstanding. I may upload some good quality pics later.

edit:
I also want to add that the game runs at a great speed also. It seems like they have done a good job making it.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on April 09, 2011, 10:57:15 AM
I have played the game for about 2 hours. Best looking game I have ever played. Its really impressive. The character models are outstanding. I may upload some good quality pics later.

edit:
I also want to add that the game runs at a great speed also. It seems like they have done a good job making it.

Well, they were assholes in terms of jumping aboard the console train...the game as of currently can only be run in DX9 and there is no advanced options, which is really disappointing. However, they are doing some things to better themselves, just as of yesterday I believe they announced they would begin working on a DX11 patch in addition to a bunch of other benefits for PC gamers. They have really pissed me off with a really buggy release through none other than EA already...and I preordered the game on steam before I even knew they'd take that route. Depending on how well of a job they do on this patch will determine if I still like Crytek or not.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

venuse

freeforall most laptops arent meant for games, they are meant for portable multitasking, online, video, etc. now the 1500 laptop you mentioned may be able to play it depending on the cpu and graphics card. however it also depends on how long ago you bought it because what 1500 could buy you 5 yrs ago is different then what 1500 can buy today.

also on another note there are bugs with the multiplayer in crysis 2. unlocks not saving, weapon attachment reducing accuracy and power, bad hit detection, etc

ARTgames

I'm not sure why that is directed at me Mr Pwnage. 0_o But for Dx9 that's amazing! You got to say it does look nice. I'm on pc btw.

krele

Quote from: venuse on April 09, 2011, 12:35:56 PM
however it also depends on how long ago you bought it because what 1500 could buy you 5 yrs ago is different then what 1500 can buy today.

He said it's from 2011.

By the !@#$ing way, this is achieved on Dx9????

venuse

oh didnt see the 2011. also yes it is dx9, there is no support for higher at this time. although they are going to implement dx11 through a patch in the future.

ps no need to get pissy krele

Freeforall

My laptop plays MW2 maxed out at about 35-40 FPS. Is that any good?

venuse

that is pretty good actually. to give you an idea of the power of my system i get about 90 fps standing around, firing my gun or explosions drops it to about 60 to 70 in modern warefare 2 multiplayer.

krele

Quote from: venuse on April 09, 2011, 04:01:57 PM
oh didnt see the 2011. also yes it is dx9, there is no support for higher at this time. although they are going to implement dx11 through a patch in the future.

ps no need to get pissy krele
Those results are surprising. Wonder how it would look then.

Ps, why do you think I was getting pissy? :S