News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

☃ UNICODE SNOWMAN ☃

Started by Infection, April 11, 2011, 06:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infection

Discuss this phenomenon!

I want some serious sarcastic discussion on these. I mean, they are obviously awesome. If this turns to be way off-topic, then I'll lock it.

http://unicodesnowmanforyou.com/
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Jmac

EpicPhailure

Why is there a unicode snowman?

stick d00d

EDIT: nevermind lol

Scotty

Why not have one? we already have more unicode characters than what we would ever need.

11clock

Lucifer

THAT
Is what I think of your snowman.

DarkTrinity

Can't even tell what it is in the topic name, lol.

ARTgames

I was looking at some Unicode because of this topic and I found this: ‼
Because apparently typing two exaltation marks is hard. I'm not sure what this could be used for.

Kiegruen

Hm... all I get are unrendered characters... I've noticed that Chrome doesn't serve Unicode well (or at all?)...

~~~~~~~~~~~~Kie~~~~~~~~~~~~
AKA That One Bro

RayRay

I know Unicode, and I also know ASCII.

Here's a secret on your keyboard (if you have a numpad, because you need one to do this): Open Notepad. You hold ALT, type the ID for the ASCII character, release ALT, POP! a weird character is on your screen! Lots of other characters consist of 4 digits, usually starting with a 0.

???

Try it! Alt+0169, Alt+0153, Alt+0181.

So if you didn't know how to do that snowman, you now know how to. =) You just have to find the number, because I don't know it either. lol

I'm a ♂.

♠RayRay♠

btw Chrome is displaying Unicode for me, Kiegruen.

Infection

Some browsers, Operating systems, ect sometimes don't show them correctly, so I guess this pertains to the select few.

Alt codes are awesome :D

Alt+0248 is my favorite = ?

Dunno why.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

stick d00d

ARTgames

On Windows XP I tend not to see the more advanced Unicode.

sly 3 4 me

If you're on windows xp go to the control panel>Date,Time,Language if you're on the overview, Regional and language options if on classic view> Languages tab> Look at the bottom and under Supplemental language support install complex script and right-to-left language and East Asian languages. I can't remember which it is, but one of those two will allow you to see the unicode presented in this topic. You need the windows xp cd of your current service pack if you want to install the languages, not sure if you can just extract and find the folder the disk has though. Anyways, yeah, you will see the snowmen after a restart of the computer. Not sure if it's worth it to install them just to see the snowman, but I wanted to see if I could have them show up for me, and this was my first choice and it worked.