News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Some wierd error.

Started by Jayce, August 04, 2009, 12:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayce

I don't know if I have a REALLY old stick online version or something, but when I attempt to run it, an error comes up.  Saying,   Error: Access violation at 0x7C80A378 (tried to read from 0x8052F5A), program terminated.   Can someone please help me on this?

PhantomJ

Are you trying to run the older non-donor version?

Jayce

Thats what I am not sure of.  I played the donor server a while back, and quit because I had to much going on, but I am trying to get back into it.

Danimal

I know alot of people with this problem, same thing happened to me.

The only solution i found, is to try playing it on a limited user account on your computer.

Jayce

Would it be my firewall?  Like could I set an exception to allow stick online?

x0r

Quote from: Jayce on August 04, 2009, 12:47:30 PM
Would it be my firewall?  Like could I set an exception to allow stick online?

No. that error has nothing to do with the firewall, really.

EpicPhailure

There was a person who had a similar error. I actually had something like this on an old XP computer, but I could actually get on the server and the error would prevent me from getting past the Bandit mountain.

sly 3 4 me

I had that error, I found the game would start normally if I placed the folder containing the game and the resources in a different drive(If you're currently on the C drive and have a D drive then place the folder in there and create a shortcut from there on your desktop). Once you do that you open up the shortcut folder and you right click on Stickonline.exe. From there you click on "Run as...", and then choose your currently user.

Also forgot it might be different if you're on a different operating system than what I had the error on (Windows xp)

Edit: Only problem I had with doing that was that the sound wouldn't start when the game would begin, so I would have to do the /sound command while in-game to enable it.

krele

Hmm... Right click / Run as administrator?

Danimal

Doesn't work, it's the admin account that's causing the problem.

Jayce

I should mention I am on Windows XP, and I only have Disc C.

Jayce

FIXED  Used my moms computer instead.  I guess I'll just use it when I want to play S.O.

krele

Quote from: Jayce on August 04, 2009, 04:57:38 PM
FIXED  Used my moms computer instead.  I guess I'll just use it when I want to play S.O.
...Doesn't make it fixed in any way, but whatever suits you man...

Lingus

Quote from: Danimal on August 04, 2009, 12:46:16 PM
I know alot of people with this problem, same thing happened to me.

The only solution i found, is to try playing it on a limited user account on your computer.
That would be weird. Why would using a limited account give it more access? It looks like the program is trying to access some piece of memory or a file or something and it doesn't have access to. Running on a limited account never gives you more access...