News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

portal 2

Started by ARTgames, April 18, 2011, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beastmode

I was wandering if this game is good because i hav been seeing the commerical for this game a lot and i want to know if this game is worth buying???

Scotty

Absolutely is.  Don't know about replay value, but I'd probably do it for the hilarious quotes alone.  Probably going down as one of the best games of 2011.

Jake

Yeah I was kind of annoyed that there was no hard mode after beating the game, but they'll be coming out with lots of dlc soon enough.

Lingus

Quote from: krele on April 29, 2011, 01:24:44 PM
Just finished the prequel. Absolutely amazing! Might buy the sequel as well.
The only thing that I didn't find enjoyable is... The physics are not as amazing as everyone says, they're pretty mediocre to be exact. Graphics are a measly 7/10 to me, but graphics weren't something I expected to enjoy. Gameplay, on the other hand, is brilliant. It's a unique puzzle game and I enjoyed every minute spent playing it.
You realize the graphics is the Source engine. In my opinion, all of the Valve Source engine games have amazing graphics design. The graphics themselves are not technically very good, but the effort they put into the design of the graphics makes up for that immensely. The fact that the Source engine is as old as it is, while still being as good looking as it is says something about that.

Mr Pwnage

Beat both coop and single player.

My favorite scene from the whole game:

<Spoiler>
When your trying to use one of the launchers to propel yourself into a portal on the ceiling, you don't make it by about 3 feet or so each time you try. GlaDos tells you to lose some weight. Than she says. "Okay, that's enough. I'll just lower the ceiling."
</Spoiler>
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Freeforall

I just downloaded Portal 2 and it works great. Awesome game, very nice graphics and runs very smooth on my PC. One thing I don't like about the game, (it's probably just my computer), it closes randomly every 30-45 minutes.

Lingus

Quote from: Freeforall on May 01, 2011, 05:27:54 PM
One thing I don't like about the game, (it's probably just my computer), it closes randomly every 30-45 minutes.
I can assure you that was intentional. It heightens the gaming experience when one must continuously re-open the game. If a game doesn't do this, I will not buy it. Ever.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on May 02, 2011, 06:03:31 PM
Quote from: Freeforall on May 01, 2011, 05:27:54 PM
One thing I don't like about the game, (it's probably just my computer), it closes randomly every 30-45 minutes.
I can assure you that was intentional. It heightens the gaming experience when one must continuously re-open the game. If a game doesn't do this, I will not buy it. Ever.

You must love those old games by Matel.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

Bump since I fiiiiinally bought it (Steam sales rock!) Beat it over a period of about 3 sittings. Effing! Awesome!! I just can't get over how wonderful the Portal series is. I can't wait to see where they take it.

Can we discuss theories, hidden info...

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2011, 06:51:37 PM
Bump since I fiiiiinally bought it (Steam sales rock!) Beat it over a period of about 3 sittings. Effing! Awesome!! I just can't get over how wonderful the Portal series is. I can't wait to see where they take it.

Can we discuss theories, hidden info...

I'm pretty sure Valve is smart enough to leave the series alone. Surely, they don't need anymore funds for DotA 2! *hinthint*

Lingus

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 06, 2011, 08:34:00 PMI'm pretty sure Valve is smart enough to leave the series alone. Surely, they don't need anymore funds for DotA 2! *hinthint*
Wait... what? They're smart enough to not continue with one of the greatest fictional worlds the gaming industry has ever seen? What are you talking about? Keep in mind, Portal ties in with Half-Life. Half-Life 2 Ep3 will be coming out and no doubt will have some sort of tie in with the Portal games. Something has to tie the 2 game series together. I would love to see Chell and Gordon Freeman fighting alongside eachother. Portal gun + Grav gun = Awesome gameplay!

EpicPhailure

But...but...it ended so perfectly! D:

Lingus

Just want to make sure no one reads anything they don't want to:

[spoiler]
No way. There's so much left to uncover. How does Aperture Science tie in with the Half Life story? Chell escapes right? But she escaped into the same world Gordon Freeman is fighting against aliens and what not. All the shit going on out there, she now has to deal with. And she's got a Portal Gun! Which has something to do with the other stoyline as well.
[/spoiler]

Jake

Quote from: Lingus on July 07, 2011, 01:31:23 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 06, 2011, 08:34:00 PMI'm pretty sure Valve is smart enough to leave the series alone. Surely, they don't need anymore funds for DotA 2! *hinthint*
Wait... what? They're smart enough to not continue with one of the greatest fictional worlds the gaming industry has ever seen? What are you talking about? Keep in mind, Portal ties in with Half-Life. Half-Life 2 Ep3 will be coming out and no doubt will have some sort of tie in with the Portal games. Something has to tie the 2 game series together. I would love to see Chell and Gordon Freeman fighting alongside eachother. Portal gun + Grav gun = Awesome gameplay!
The thing about Portal 2 is that it was about the labratory, GLaDOS, and Wheatley. It really didn't have much to do with Chell and her non-existent personality. She was just a blank slate to make the character feel like they were her. To include her in a game with Gordon as the main character means they'd have to give her a personality and a voice, which sounds like it'd be awfully weird. Honestly, I don't think Half-Life 3 be including anything from Portal, except for maybe a wink and a nod... And possibly the portal gun... But I doubt it.

T-Rok

Quote from: Jake on July 07, 2011, 04:34:42 PM
Quote from: Lingus on July 07, 2011, 01:31:23 PM
The thing about Portal 2 is that it was about the labratory, GLaDOS, and Wheatley. It really didn't have much to do with Chell and her non-existent personality. She was just a blank slate to make the character feel like they were her. To include her in a game with Gordon as the main character means they'd have to give her a personality and a voice, which sounds like it'd be awfully weird. Honestly, I don't think Half-Life 3 be including anything from Portal, except for maybe a wink and a nod... And possibly the portal gun... But I doubt it.

I'm good with just winks and nods. We all know where those get us, right Jake? ;]