News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

portal 2

Started by ARTgames, April 18, 2011, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

Quote from: Jake on July 07, 2011, 04:34:42 PM
Quote from: Lingus on July 07, 2011, 01:31:23 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 06, 2011, 08:34:00 PMI'm pretty sure Valve is smart enough to leave the series alone. Surely, they don't need anymore funds for DotA 2! *hinthint*
Wait... what? They're smart enough to not continue with one of the greatest fictional worlds the gaming industry has ever seen? What are you talking about? Keep in mind, Portal ties in with Half-Life. Half-Life 2 Ep3 will be coming out and no doubt will have some sort of tie in with the Portal games. Something has to tie the 2 game series together. I would love to see Chell and Gordon Freeman fighting alongside eachother. Portal gun + Grav gun = Awesome gameplay!
The thing about Portal 2 is that it was about the labratory, GLaDOS, and Wheatley. It really didn't have much to do with Chell and her non-existent personality. She was just a blank slate to make the character feel like they were her. To include her in a game with Gordon as the main character means they'd have to give her a personality and a voice, which sounds like it'd be awfully weird. Honestly, I don't think Half-Life 3 be including anything from Portal, except for maybe a wink and a nod... And possibly the portal gun... But I doubt it.
Yes, I agree with that. I just want to see how it all fits together.

Jake

Anyone want to play the Portal 2 dlc with me?

Lingus

I still haven't played the Co-op mode. I have been waiting for my friend to get around to it...

Yankyal

Quote from: Jake on July 07, 2011, 04:34:42 PM
Quote from: Lingus on July 07, 2011, 01:31:23 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 06, 2011, 08:34:00 PMI'm pretty sure Valve is smart enough to leave the series alone. Surely, they don't need anymore funds for DotA 2! *hinthint*
Wait... what? They're smart enough to not continue with one of the greatest fictional worlds the gaming industry has ever seen? What are you talking about? Keep in mind, Portal ties in with Half-Life. Half-Life 2 Ep3 will be coming out and no doubt will have some sort of tie in with the Portal games. Something has to tie the 2 game series together. I would love to see Chell and Gordon Freeman fighting alongside eachother. Portal gun + Grav gun = Awesome gameplay!
The thing about Portal 2 is that it was about the labratory, GLaDOS, and Wheatley. It really didn't have much to do with Chell and her non-existent personality. She was just a blank slate to make the character feel like they were her. To include her in a game with Gordon as the main character means they'd have to give her a personality and a voice, which sounds like it'd be awfully weird. Honestly, I don't think Half-Life 3 be including anything from Portal, except for maybe a wink and a nod... And possibly the portal gun... But I doubt it.
Chell has one character trait that Valve emphasizes in the comics. She is INCREDIBLY determined, I think it was like in the 99.9 percentile of any of the test subjects. There's a comic backstory: http://www.thinkwithportals.com/comic/
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10