News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Spiral Knights

Started by LeGuy, April 24, 2011, 10:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactuscat222

For unique variants, always craft the 1* version of the eventual item you want. Since those cost so little, you can spam them until you find a great variant, then you just upgrade upwards, as unique variants transfer (if you want them too, that is).

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

venuse

not all armors and weps etc have a level 1 of the evolution path, like the spiral demo path

Infection

Ah, yes. I read up on the Unique Variant stuff. Surprisingly, the first thing I crafted got a UV!

Like Venuse said, I do not like how it it is hard to find a recipe you are looking for. They are randomized every day (The ones by Basil I think)
and I had been trying to get a wolver set for who a good amount of time. I had all the materials, energy, and crowns to make them. But no recipe. So I ended up spending around 8k crowns which was more then needed.

Not to mention I owe someone another 2k. Haha. I can pay them back. I have all 2 star equipment, so I just need to get down 8 floors, and I can get to Tier 2.

Edit: I did end up getting the Wolver set. I love it. I also like the Cutter series of weapon, it attacks so fast, and with the damage bonus of the Wolver, it is great.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

LeGuy

Right now I'm using a Cutter as well. It really is incredibly fast.

I'm going the Spiral Demo path, and I have to say bombs are amazingly useful. You just place one down, hold up your shield, let the monsters swarm around you, and moments later they're all knocked back by a fiery explosion.
Whee!

Cactuscat222

Always check the recipe vendor in the Bazaar in Haven, he has a new set of 0* - 2* recipes everyday, and that is per character. If you make another knight, you'll find different recipes with Vatel.

Basil's recipes are different every time you find him.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

EpicPhailure

Bump, because I started playing again.

Name is Kainerok.

I'm also severely disappointed by the guns in a party environment, especially early game. I tried spamming the stun gun whilst the swordsmen rip through everything, but I'm doing practically nothing. Even if I spam my charge shot, it only affects 1/20 of the mob.

Infection

Quote from: EpicPhailure on June 23, 2011, 12:02:23 PM
I'm also severely disappointed by the guns in a party environment, especially early game. I tried spamming the stun gun whilst the swordsmen rip through everything, but I'm doing practically nothing. Even if I spam my charge shot, it only affects 1/20 of the mob.

I agree. It feels like guns are only used when you are surrounded by strong mobs and you have little health left and you don't want to risk getting hit.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Infection on June 23, 2011, 12:32:05 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on June 23, 2011, 12:02:23 PM

I agree. It feels like guns are only used when you are surrounded by strong mobs and you have little health left and you don't want to risk getting hit.

Yeah, all of the players who main guns solo and have trouble at tough bosses that surround themselves. Not to mention its also expensive because you need different types of guns for the elemental and piercing effects.

LeGuy

I stopped playing because the end of my school year pwned me, but now that it's summer I may get back into it.
Whee!

EpicPhailure

This energy system is getting in my way :l

They could at least let us have a different energy bar for each character. I mean, they explain the energy system as a knight suit power source, but why is the power shared across all of your knights? They never explained that one >_>

Cactuscat222

If you need some spare energy or something, let me know. I don't really play that much anymore, and I'd be glad to give you a little boost or something.

EpicPhailure

You can't trade Mist Energy, only Crystal Energy. You could, however, sell 100 ME each day and then trade me the crowns, but I think we'd get banned :P

venuse

i stopped playing a while ago

Cactuscat222

Oh no Epicphail - I have about 8000+ CE that is just wasting away on my character, until I decide to start running the market again. :P

EpicPhailure

Oh. It's alright, it's probably good for my own health that I'm limited anyway :P Just keep it incase you decide to come back and run the economy into the ground :D