News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Spiral Knights

Started by LeGuy, April 24, 2011, 10:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Bump.

Played this today with Meiun & Pwnage, I gotta say for a free game it's excellent. That free definitely comes at a cost though (Oh the irony!), having to spend your available gameplay time on new equipment as well creates these annoying situations where you have maxed equipment which and are forced to use it. It's obvious they're out for a profit, but this way of doing so is pretty preferable to most. Infact Meiun and Pwnage pointed out two benefitial aspects of this energy system; A. It's harder than the average MMO for your friends to pass you up when you can't play as much, and B. It's more difficult to get addicted when you are limited in your available time.

Gameplay-wise it's unique and satisfying, the combos are fun and we encountered a decent variety of monsters with different skillsets. You can tell it definitely understands the strategy-emphasizing concept of difficulty, you'll definitely get into chaotic situations that will have you shouting "get the healer first!"

To anyone that plays and/or is interested in playing, Meiun set up a Stick Online guild. We use Teamspeak whenever we're playing, hop on and you'll usually find someone.

DR4N3

BTW Luci, are your IGN's the same as here?
I liked this game before it even came out. /hipster
When it came out I nearly jizzed in my pants. Sega fanboy :3
I'm trying to remember my IGN, I'll tell ya in a second.

Here I am.
EDIT: Boo Yah! Got Ash Tail Coat!
EDIT2: Just added most of you, if you still play please accept me.

DarkTrinity

Well I just made a character... But I have a feeling I won't be playing the browser version again...
(the only reason I'm doing it in the first place is because Steam is being stupid right now)

I'm Thedarktrinity
(darktrinity is sadly taken) :(

Turkey

Just made an account, ign Logerbloger

If i run out of energy does that pretty much mean I'm done for the day? Because i only played for like an hour.

DR4N3

Quote from: Turkey on August 29, 2011, 03:13:21 AM
Just made an account, ign Logerbloger

If i run out of energy does that pretty much mean I'm done for the day? Because i only played for like an hour.
Yup, that's it.
I payed for more energy once, and I don't regret that decision. You can trade your energy ( 100 ) for about 5~6k crowns in the market. Pretty usefull.

Btw guys, please come play, I'm ronery :'(

EpicPhailure

I didn't get on yesterday mainly because I spent 200 energy on a Nightblade :P

Can we plan some Jelly King runs?

DarkTrinity

Are you all logging on through Steam? or through the browser? Because the browser I lag like every 10 seconds or so making it nearly impossible to attack things....
And Steam for whatever reason is not letting me make an account and it's really frustrating -.-
I tried making one through the client and it says every single name I try is already taken. I even tried something like xxxThedarktrinityxxxadb10191989 and it still said it was taken... >_>
So I tried making one via website and it said DarkTrinity is NOT taken. So I fill everything out and click 'create account' and it asks me to re-enter the capcha to verify I'm human. So I do it again and then it says "account registration failed, please try again later".

EpicPhailure

I'm logging through Steam.

Cactuscat222

I'm running it through neither the browser nor Steam. I believe there is an option to download it straight and run it from the desktop, which is what I do.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

DR4N3

LeGuy

I started playing before the game was available on Steam. Hence, I play the Desktop version.

But yeah, I'm a Bomber. Rockin' out with my 4 star Master Blast Bomb, etc.
Whee!

EpicPhailure

All the cool kids are doing it.

DR4N3

*Ooh DR4N3 your shield is so awesome omg I want one to*
Aww it's nothing really, got the recipe in one of my runs, thanks for the nice comment.

Bunch of meanies >.<

EpicPhailure

Quote from: DR4N3 on September 01, 2011, 06:39:20 AM
*Ooh DR4N3 your shield is so awesome omg I want one to*
Aww it's nothing really, got the recipe in one of my runs, thanks for the nice comment.

Bunch of meanies >.<

no idea what that shield is :U

DR4N3

Quote from: EpicPhailure on September 01, 2011, 12:47:54 PM
no idea what that shield is :U
It's a Stone Tortoise honey, it's a badass 4* shield! >:(