News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Animation, a how to guide

Started by Moosebacon1000, April 29, 2011, 02:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moosebacon1000

I like spriting and would like to help people use there ideas to get something done for this game.

I use the program "unfreez" and microsoft paint
You can use any paint program you want, it really doesnt matter.

all you have to do is get an idea, and a sprite.
You draw up the sprite

and save it as a Gif
if you dont know how to do this just press save as and givve it a name. under the name box is a "type of file" box.
click on it and choose Gif. press save and you have your first picture  :)

Then you have to go through the process of making every detail of what your sprite is going to do. Lots of my animations have over 20 pictures that had to be made or the sprite would have been incomplete.
Once you draw all the other pictures and save them as a gif file then you can do the easy part.

once you have all of your photos, open te program unfreez. go back to your paint program and press OPEN.
itll pop upall of the pictures that you just made. Click and drag them onto the large white box onthe unfreez program. make sure there in order
once you have all of your pictures on there and in order, click the Make animated gif button.  itll ask you to give it a name and then save. then your done.  if you want to upload it onto the internet, i personally use photobucket since it works the best for me, but you can use whatever one you want.

Beastmode

king

what is unfreez? and how do i get it?

EpicPhailure

This is more like a how to animate.

A how-to for spriting would focus more on the CREATION of the sprite. It's not so simple as "draw it up".

king

Quote from: EpicPhailure on May 01, 2011, 10:35:38 AM
This is more like a how to animate.

A how-to for spriting would focus more on the CREATION of the sprite. It's not so simple as "draw it up".

well how do i sprite?

Moosebacon1000