News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Terraria (1.2 is out!)

Started by 11clock, May 03, 2011, 10:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

I'm going to go ahead and request that you guys please stop talking about your stolen copies here. This is not the place to discuss illegal matters such as that, and this site certainly doesn't support them.

Snakeman

Welp, Terraria's coming out tomorrow (or, rather, TODAY, but the fact that it's 1 AM right now isn't really going to help) and I think now I should probably drop the question:

Considering online play will be handled in the way of all players connect to a server using client programs, who's gonna be hosting? Now that the actual fun's gonna start, there's probably going to be no doubt in my mind we're going to assemble a little SO Terraria-playing group here, much like we had for Minecraft.

Cactuscat222

Yeah... I don't really like the new armor sprites that much. They look bland.

The actual characters are okay, but they could be better. I wish they could use the sprites from FF still. :x

But then again, they were rushing to get this game out for an early release, so I'm sure they'll update the sprites if there is enough people talking about it.

@Snakeman: Good question. Did you read the "early release considerations" thread? It mentions a current limit of 8 players concurrently, though he mentions they will work to allow even more. (http://terrariaonline.com/threads/early-release-considerations.3261/)

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Ceroblitz

From what I know, when you have a character played in single player, all the stuff in the inventory gets transferred over when you are playing online with others, whether it be playing on their server, or your own hosted server. Not to mention your stuff also gets transferred over when you start a new world.

The new sprites are ok, but they definitely could use improvement color wise, and probably could be refined a bit.

Anyways, I really can't wait for the release.

Scotty

I doubt I'll be able to reliably host a dedicated server as I do not have a dedicated box using Windows as its primary OS, unless there's some real crafty ways of getting it to run without steam... on Linux...

T-Rok

Well we recently upgraded our internet to 50mbs download and 10mbs upload, so I may attempt to host a server. We shall see how it goes.

Ceroblitz

Scotty

Just bought the 4-pack, now to decide who I want to give the other three to...

Ceroblitz

Quote from: Scotty on May 16, 2011, 01:58:36 PM
*raise hand*? :D

Well, I'm getting it sooner or later anyways

Snakeman

Oh hey Scott, I couldn't help but notice how suddenly iconic and amazing you just look right now. How 'bout tossing one of those to one of your most favorite people ever?  ;D

(By the way, this is a total joke. I just purchased it for myself.)

thekolla

Hey scotty, i had to give my money to my mom, lol. Wanted to know if you would send me a copy?
If there already out thats fine, ill figure out a way to get some more money.

Ceroblitz

Cactuscat222

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

11clock

Me? :D

EDIT: Nevermind. Bought the game.