News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Fixed old, much better laptop!

Started by stick d00d, June 11, 2011, 12:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick d00d

My 3-year-old laptop had a serious video card issue. It was displaying green/white/purple artifacts everywhere and permanently lowered my resolution. After being broken for a year and some months, I decided to mess around with it again. Taking all the screws, components, drives out, I got to the motherboard, removed the fan and looked at the card. It was perfectly fine. So, I unplugged every little piece of the mother board and let it sit while searching google. I didn't find any thing I could possibly do to replace it, so I reattached everything, vaccummed it out some, pieced it all back together and fired it up. AND, same problem, artifacts everywhere red lines. Then I get a BSOD, (3rd one since it went out), restart the computer, AND IT WAS FIXED. Holy jesus I couldn't believe it. Just wanted to share, thought it was pretty funny after a year of being destined for the trash, it freakin works. :D

Tl;dr
Laptop broke for a year, disassembled, reassembled everything, plugged a few cables in. IT WORKS!

PS. This is awesome for me because I was using a freakin' 10" Netbook with 1gb ram and now I'm on a 17" Vaio, with 2gb ram.

80 updates:

ARTgames

Quote from: stick d00d on June 11, 2011, 12:09:08 PM
80 updates:

Try windows xp form sp1. Also nice to have your laptop fixed.