News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Iphone 4 & 4s

Started by scsox, June 14, 2011, 06:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsox

Hey all, I was recently due for an upgrade on my phone plan or whatever at AT&T. anyways. I was thinking about purchasing an Iphone 4. But i'm hesitant because i'm not sure when the new iphone (4s) will come out and if it will be amazing or what. so i'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions on what i should do.
best regards,
scsox

Jmac

I'm pretty sure it's due to be out this September and I say it's not worth it. A general rule of thumb is buy every 3rd generation of Apple product, that way they'll last at least a year >_<. Anyways, the only real changes are going to be new looks, and will have an A5 dual-core processor. It's your decision either way, it would be cheaper to go with the current 4G, although you may want the 4s to show that you're willing to spend extra cash to keep up with the constant stream of products (and because it'll run faster  :P ).

Jake

Quote from: Jmacrules on June 14, 2011, 06:50:31 PM
I'm pretty sure it's due to be out this September and I say it's not worth it. A general rule of thumb is buy every 3rd generation of Apple product, that way they'll last at least a year >_<. Anyways, the only real changes are going to be new looks, and will have an A5 dual-core processor. It's your decision either way, it would be cheaper to go with the current 4G, although you may want the 4s to show that you're willing to spend extra cash to keep up with the constant stream of products (and because it'll run faster  :P ).
Actually, wouldn't they be the same price? If he buys the iPhone 4 right now, it'll be the same price as the iphone 5 (or whatever it's called), when it comes out. The screen size will be bigger, the processor will be better, and it'll probably have some other nifty features as well.

I have a 3GS and I'm choosing to wait for the new iPhone, but ultimately it's your choice. Can't go wrong either way.

scsox

Quote from: Jake on June 14, 2011, 06:57:04 PM
Quote from: Jmacrules on June 14, 2011, 06:50:31 PM
Actually, wouldn't they be the same price? If he buys the iPhone 4 right now, it'll be the same price as the iphone 5 (or whatever it's called), when it comes out. The screen size will be bigger, the processor will be better, and it'll probably have some other nifty features as well.

I have a 3GS and I'm choosing to wait for the new iPhone, but ultimately it's your choice. Can't go wrong either way.

ya, i might just buy the 4 right now, i'm due for an upgrade on july 9th so i still have a few weeks to decide. also they released the IOS 5 software which im guessing goes along with the new iphone. just as IOS 1 or whatever came out a few months before the iphone 3gs. so, i think i might just make the plunge and buy a 4 because my phone is a piece of shit haha

Lingus

It's always best to wait for the new phone to come out depending on how close it is to being released. As soon as the new one comes out, the previous one will plummet in price (sometimes around $100). So if you want to spend an extra $100 just to get the phone a few months early then go for it. But it wouldn't be the best choice. Plus then you can wait to see how good the new phone will be and make a decision then.

T-Rok

I bought the iPhone 4 6 months ago because I determine the wait would not be worth it. However, from now to when the release of the 4S occurs, it is worth the wait. 12x better GPU, 3x better CPU is worth it in my opinion.

Jake

Quote from: scsox on June 17, 2011, 12:53:45 PM
july 9th
Dude, the new iPhone is coming out anywhere from July to September. Just wait for the new one.

scsox

Quote from: Jake on June 17, 2011, 05:23:42 PM
july 9th
Dude, the new iPhone is coming out anywhere from July to September. Just wait for the new one.

the earliest it will come out is November.

Jake

Quote from: scsox on June 19, 2011, 08:01:33 PM
Quote from: Jake on June 17, 2011, 05:23:42 PM
july 9th

the earliest it will come out is November.
The iPhone came out June 29th
The iPhone 3G came out July 11th
The iPhone 3GS came out June 19th
The iPhone 4 came out June 24th
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Apple likes their summer releases. I have a hard time believing they'd break their tried and true cycle for an extremely late November release. Could you please tell me where you got that info, because the September predictions are late enough as it is.

EDIT: Did a little research, and it seems that the November rumors are based off a single comment by a retailer. While this could be true, to say that this is the earliest it could be released is just plain silly. Just another rumor in the sea.
http://www.techgainer.com/iphone-5-could-be-ready-for-release-november-21st-just-a-rumor/
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/40056/phones4u-denies-iphone-5-story

T-Rok