News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

A Blog That I Have

Started by Lingus, June 22, 2011, 03:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

DarkTrinity

lmao. Adorable drawings :P

Lingus

Haha. Thanks. They're really fun to do.

I got my wife an Ipad 2 for her birthday and I've been using it just about as much as her (if not more). So we found an app that let's you draw on the screen using your finger and I've just been cranking out random nonsense doodles like these. Figured it would be fun to post them.

At this point I have enough to post one a day for about a month, and at the rate I put them out I could keep that up for a while.

On the point of ipad apps, does anyone else have one? I am thinking of getting sketchbook pro since it's a more full featured drawing app, but it costs money and I want to make sure it's worth it before I spend the money.

Forum

Quote from: Lingus on June 22, 2011, 08:06:17 PM
On the point of ipad apps, does anyone else have one? I am thinking of getting sketchbook pro since it's a more full featured drawing app, but it costs money and I want to make sure it's worth it before I spend the money.
I wish i had one
Officially quitted

DarkTrinity

I have SketchBook Express for my computer, lolll. No idea if it's anything similar....
Came free with my smexy tablet.

Lingus

Quote from: DarkTrinity on June 23, 2011, 02:07:00 PM
I have SketchBook Express for my computer, lolll. No idea if it's anything similar....
Yep. Found that last night. I think it probably just has fewer features, less layers, lower resolution. That kind of thing. But for what I need it works.

I actually don't really like the drawing as well as the app I'm using which is Bamboo Paper (made by Wacom). It's extremely simple. You have 3 line weights (which I like a lot better than Sketchbook because I want the line weights to be consistent), and about 6 colors (black, red, green, and 3 shades of blue). I wish there were more color options, but it's not a big deal. The main issue is that there is no solid white background. It has a paper looking background that makes it difficult to edit the images after I'm done.

Btw: Do you know the muffin man?

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Lingus on June 23, 2011, 03:35:47 PM
Quote from: DarkTrinity on June 23, 2011, 02:07:00 PM
Yep. Found that last night. I think it probably just has fewer features, less layers, lower resolution. That kind of thing. But for what I need it works.

I actually don't really like the drawing as well as the app I'm using which is Bamboo Paper (made by Wacom). It's extremely simple. You have 3 line weights (which I like a lot better than Sketchbook because I want the line weights to be consistent), and about 6 colors (black, red, green, and 3 shades of blue). I wish there were more color options, but it's not a big deal. The main issue is that there is no solid white background. It has a paper looking background that makes it difficult to edit the images after I'm done.

Btw: Do you know the muffin man?

More like a muffin with a face... I think he needs arms and legs to be really called a muffin "man" ;D

Lingus

I'm sure he would say the same about you... Ever think of that? Muffin men have feelings too you know.

Edit: Btw, if anyone is interested you can follow me. Either use the built in Google Blogger follow friend connect gadget deal, or you can follow me on twitter @ABlogThatIHave. 'Kay Thanks.

Jmac

I'm following you.....haha there's no way to not sound like a stalker when you say that. Anyways, pretty cool little drawings Lingus! Drawing on an iPad must be tough, good work nevertheless.  :)

Lingus

Quote from: Jmacrules on June 23, 2011, 07:55:35 PM
I'm following you.....haha there's no way to not sound like a stalker when you say that. Anyways, pretty cool little drawings Lingus! Drawing on an iPad must be tough, good work nevertheless.  :)

Cool thanks for stalking me!

I was pretty crappy at first but started getting better as I practiced. I'm posting them all in whatever order so you'll notice some of them look like junk and are very simple while others look a bit better and have more stuff going on. It's definitely weird drawing with your finger though. I think I'm going to get the AluPen to use for drawing instead.

Lucifer

Lingus

This is really the one that got me started on this whole thing. We all thought it was hilariously sad: http://ablogthatihave.blogspot.com/2011/06/forget-your-dreams.html

The context is that after I had made several of these and everyone thought they were great, my wife told me to forget about trying to write novels and just do this. So I was like, "Oh great, so you're saying to just forget my dreams?" and the rest was history.

All week long the posts will be in the same theme.

Here's me trying to figure out twitter and failing:
http://ablogthatihave.blogspot.com/2011/06/everyoneontwitter.html

Dipz

they look awesome and i love the style, but did you really use just your finger? cant wait to see more man.

Lingus

Quote from: Dipz on June 28, 2011, 02:49:24 PM
did you really use just your finger?
Haha, yea. It's crazy that the iPad has such a good touch screen. Plus the app that I'm using has really good "inking". I'm almost wondering if using a pen would make it easier. I definitely want to get one and try though.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Lingus on June 28, 2011, 07:46:18 PM
Quote from: Dipz on June 28, 2011, 02:49:24 PM
did you really use just your finger?
Haha, yea. It's crazy that the iPad has such a good touch screen. Plus the app that I'm using has really good "inking". I'm almost wondering if using a pen would make it easier. I definitely want to get one and try though.

Would a stylus from like a nintendo DS work? Assuming that you have one anyways...... lol.