News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Mac vs PC (Winner: No one. Stop arguing!)

Started by 11clock, June 27, 2011, 10:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

I've always hated the Mac vs PC debate. No computer is better, it really matters on which you prefer. I've used both the PC and Mac, and I prefer the Mac. That a reason to hate me? No. I admit that both computers are good for their own things. PC is better for gaming and Mac is better for multimedia.

In fact, I pretty much hate all debates. Why argue over PERSONAL OPINIONS!? What's the deal with all the hate? Why don't we just get on with our lives and stop arguing over absolutely nothing? People are different and will always think differently from others. Opinions can't win over opinions. Debates are just a waste of time.

This is just my opinion, so no need to flame. This topic was made to get my point across. That is all.

ARTgames

Not quite sure what the topic is about.
This?
QuoteIn fact, I pretty much hate all debates. Why argue over PERSONAL OPINIONS!? What's the deal with all the hate? Why don't we just get on with our lives and stop arguing over absolutely nothing? People are different and will always think differently from others. Opinions can't win over opinions. Debates are just a waste of time.

or this
QuoteI've always hated the Mac vs PC debate. No computer is better, it really matters on which you prefer. I've used both the PC and Mac, and I prefer the Mac. That a reason to hate me? No. I admit that both computers are good for their own things. PC is better for gaming and Mac is better for multimedia.

Anyway random topic. I'm on the Turing complete side. :P I dont really care what os. And nothing is a waste of time till you decide it is. Hope you got something off your chest. :)

11clock

Quote from: ARTgames on June 27, 2011, 11:36:23 AM
Not quite sure what the topic is about.
This?
QuoteIn fact, I pretty much hate all debates. Why argue over PERSONAL OPINIONS!? What's the deal with all the hate? Why don't we just get on with our lives and stop arguing over absolutely nothing? People are different and will always think differently from others. Opinions can't win over opinions. Debates are just a waste of time.

or this
QuoteI've always hated the Mac vs PC debate. No computer is better, it really matters on which you prefer. I've used both the PC and Mac, and I prefer the Mac. That a reason to hate me? No. I admit that both computers are good for their own things. PC is better for gaming and Mac is better for multimedia.

Anyway random topic. I'm on the Turing complete side. :P I dont really care what os. And nothing is a waste of time till you decide it is. Hope you got something off your chest. :)

This topic is about all debates, using Mac vs PC as an example. I felt the need to make this topic because I just felt like I needed to say something about debates. They've always bothered me and I want to let you all know about what I think about them.

ARTgames

lol, ok. Start a debate about how you don't like debates. :P Only teasing.

No two people's feelings to a subject matter is the same. And we will try and influence others to make are self's more metaphorically happy. Though when some one else will gets in the way we tend to have these debates. Thought there not necessarily bad to them self's. Nothing is really. Just the opinions of the subject.

I said this here in the past before but I feel there as just as many definitions of right and wrong as people on this planet. (and other planets if you believe in aliens like us. :P)

Depending on the mindset you use when going into one will most likely help with any negative feelings you may get. Depending on your personalty it can sway. I don't personally get mad or angry. I just try to relate the subject and the side I want the best I can without boing things I think will not help. What you make of them is up to you.

Thought to have a debate or not is itself an opinion of yours. And all I can do is give you my opinion on that. And what we get out of it is up to us. So make decisions that you feel will help you best.

Seifer

I would like to refute this.

PC is better.

In which way is a Mac better for multimedia. Please, explain this to me. A PC can run Photoshop and any other applications that are widely used to media, as well have much better system specs which allow you to more quickly work with your media. So in what way is MAC superior in this regard?

ARTgames

Not on any side but why does it matter to you what he uses for his main computing platform?

Seifer

Quote from: ARTgames on June 27, 2011, 12:56:55 PM
Not on any side but why does it matter to you what he uses for his main computing platform?

I personally do not care whether he prefers an inferior device or not, but I will argue that a PC is leagues beyond a Mac given the chance.

ARTgames

Quote from: Seifer on June 27, 2011, 01:07:34 PM

I personally do not care whether he prefers an inferior device or not, but I will argue that a PC is leagues beyond a Mac given the chance.

So you just want to know that he should think pc is better? Thats all you want from him? I'm just wondering.

Seifer

Quote from: ARTgames on June 27, 2011, 01:17:25 PM
Quote from: Seifer on June 27, 2011, 01:07:34 PM

So you just want to know that he should think pc is better? Thats all you want from him? I'm just wondering.

No, I'm curious why he thinks that Media support is superior on the Mac.

ARTgames

Scotty

bash scripting in Mac > Windows

Oh, and Final Cut Pro is a fantastic piece of software, in fact, quite often the standard for video editing!

EDIT: Funny how a topic that says "stop arguing" is destined to start arguments.

stick d00d

I think this is the second topic you have made about this. Nobody else on here was arguing/debating about either side (on this forum) until you brought it up... pretty pointless.

Jake

I think PC is better than Mac because Bill Gates could beat up Steve Jobs.

T-Rok

Quote from: Jake on June 27, 2011, 03:34:14 PM
I think PC is better than Mac because Bill Gates could beat up Steve Jobs.

Would have been better if this was your 666th post. Would have made it more legit.

DarkTrinity

I like how you make a topic about how much you hate debates, yet you are technically debating your personal opinion by starting this topic, and therefore opening yourself up to be debated against. lol.

And I still say PC>mac :P

And unless you can give me proof that Mac is better for multimedia purposes, I don't believe it. Every program you can run on Mac, there's a PC version of it. soooo....?