News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Ideas/Sprite suggestions

Started by Prosper, July 04, 2011, 05:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosper

In order to properly use the sneak peek topic. As Lucifer suggested please post any ideas or work related to v3 (Post sneak peek) you want to share with the community under here.

Thank you !

Lucifer

Thanks Prosper, that's a good idea. Although this entire board is for both V2 and V3 ideas, we don't really need to condense them into this one topic, heh. Anyways, I'm going to quote Celson from the V3 topic here, as I don't want to de-rail the preview thread with conversation.

Quote from: Celson on July 05, 2011, 03:32:56 AM
Is there going to be a built-in hotkey system using buttons 0-9? Or is that GUI just for show again?
This is a great question, I've always been curious about Meiun's views on hotkeys. In SOv2 they've been pretty much supported to the point that they are allowed during official tournaments if both participants agree upon them, and that's really only due to SOv2 hotkeys being 3rd party programs instead of a built-in system.

I've always been against the use of hotkeys during PvP mostly because of that reason; I mean PvP doesn't translate into "Player Versus Player & Robot" to me. However, if they're built-in that argument is pretty much thrown out the window, it'd be actually part of the game. (Although it's still doing something at a faster-than-human rate, which I don't know if I appreciate during a PvP match.)

I can't honestly say I enjoy what they bring to PvP. To me it seems to turn battles into a "who can abuse the cooldown of weapons the most" kind of deal. (I.E Katana -> GS, Spire -> IS, etc.) This can in effect be replicated via hovering over a GS while using a Katana, but that requires much more active user participation and concentration, and I support that.

I suppose I don't mind too much either way, that's just my 2?. I just mainly want to point out that it's a pretty big decision. A simple fix to my issues with hotkeys would be to make them not usable during PvP, but some might take issue with that. I'd love to hear some opinions on this.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Lucifer on July 05, 2011, 04:59:00 AM
Quote from: Celson on July 05, 2011, 03:32:56 AM
Is there going to be a built-in hotkey system using buttons 0-9? Or is that GUI just for show again?
This is a great question, I've always been curious about Meiun's views on hotkeys. In SOv2 they've been pretty much supported to the point that they are allowed during official tournaments if both participants agree upon them, and that's really only due to SOv2 hotkeys being 3rd party programs instead of a built-in system.

I've always been against the use of hotkeys during PvP mostly because of that reason; I mean PvP doesn't translate into "Player Versus Player & Robot" to me. However, if they're built-in that argument is pretty much thrown out the window, it'd be actually part of the game. (Although it's still doing something at a faster-than-human rate, which I don't know if I appreciate during a PvP match.)

I can't honestly say I enjoy what they bring to PvP. To me it seems to turn battles into a "who can abuse the cooldown of weapons the most" kind of deal. (I.E Katana -> GS, Spire -> IS, etc.) This can in effect be replicated via hovering over a GS while using a Katana, but that requires much more active user participation and concentration, and I support that.

I suppose I don't mind too much either way, that's just my 2?. I just mainly want to point out that it's a pretty big decision. A simple fix to my issues with hotkeys would be to make them not usable during PvP, but some might take issue with that. I'd love to hear some opinions on this.
I agree with you on that point luci, but I wouldn't mind seeing that hotkey bar as a sort of quick select, so you can place your better items in it and not have to open your inventory everytime you want to change between them.

Lucifer

Ultimately that's what I would appreciate most, no actual hotkey system, but the ability to drag & drop items from your inventory onto the bars for easy access, or something of that likeness. Opening your inventory is a pain in the ass during PvP, and I totally wish to advocate switching weapons during battle, but I just don't really want a hotkey system that will effect pvp so drastically.

Prosper

I think the hotkeys if built-in game would be just fine if it works just when you haven't been hit/attacked for the last 3-5 seconds. This way it prevents abuse and its convenient.

Mystery

Concept art for the Top Hat and Fedora, straight from the sneak peek topic. Why everyone is saying 'sneak peak', I'll never know.

Made by Mr. Pwnage.

Made by yours truly.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Ceroblitz

I really think that the hotkeys are not for weapons, but for upcoming skills since they never came out in SO2. Most MMOs work that way, anyways, having skills in the 1-0 hotbar for easy access.

Mystery

Quote from: Ceroblitz on July 05, 2011, 05:54:47 PM
I really think that the hotkeys are not for weapons, but for upcoming skills since they never came out in SO2. Most MMOs work that way, anyways, having skills in the 1-0 hotbar for easy access.
I believe Meiun said himself that that was intended to be a skill hotbar.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

crozier

Better? The eye was really obscure on the other one lol.

EpicPhailure

Looks more like Ichigo's hollow mask from Bleach.

sayers6

IMO the whole right side needs moved up a little bit.

T-Rok

Quote from: crozier on July 05, 2011, 07:55:53 PM
Better? The eye was really obscure on the other one lol.

Cubone? Is that you? :s

krele

Ok, some asshole deleted the other topic without even saying why, even though I wrote an essay on why the topic was important to begin with. At least mentioning why the action was necessary isn't THAT hard. Thanks, you! =D

Bandit Mask

King's Crown

Feather Hat

GM Helmet

Gravity Crown

Ice Crown

Knight Helmet

Ninja Mask

Santa Hat

Shady Hat

Top Hat

Viking Helmet