News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Ideas/Sprite suggestions

Started by Prosper, July 04, 2011, 05:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick d00d

Make em straighter towards the bottom, they just look like blobs of color like that... also maybe make them wider?

Gho$t

Quote from: stick d00d on August 10, 2011, 02:47:59 AM
Make em straighter towards the bottom, they just look like blobs of color like that... also maybe make them wider?

I will play around with em a bit and see if it looks better. After looking at it in the smaller perspective I see what you mean about the blobs of color. I am however a little skeptical that making them wider won't look much better either. 

Zario777

For the weapon leveling up thing, it should be max at 3-5 and only gain exp for hitting a monster, not just used. That would prevent them from being spammed nonsensely
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

KaptainKohl

Those capes look sweet! I want the purple one!

Tidus

I actually quite like the idea of capes. Gives us something else to hunt for and make us stronger. It can also allow us to make more types of builds if capes were to give stats like hats did.

Lingus

I believe capes was something that was discussed a long time back. Anyone remember my old forum avatar?

Basically, the reason why capes don't work is because it's something that would have to be included for every animation. Walk, run (if there will be a different run animation), jump, weapon swings (which there could be a different one for each weapon), etc... So it wouldn't really be feasible to have capes.

Gho$t

Quote from: Lingus on August 11, 2011, 08:03:38 PM
I believe capes was something that was discussed a long time back. Anyone remember my old forum avatar?

Basically, the reason why capes don't work is because it's something that would have to be included for every animation. Walk, run (if there will be a different run animation), jump, weapon swings (which there could be a different one for each weapon), etc... So it wouldn't really be feasible to have capes.

I took this into thought when I mentioned it, However adding a cape to every animation would not be too difficult. Yes it would take some time and it wouldn't be immediate, with every weapon added there would have to be an extra animation for the capes however when you make the one animation making the separate cape colors is easy. For each different cape you would have to make separate animations but it would add a lot more customization and a wider variety of stat builds. You have to put work into a game to have a good game. I do see how it would be time consuming though.

Lingus

That is all understood. I'm just stating why I think this won't ever happen. It's too much extra work for what it's worth. I would prefer to have a larger number of weapon and hat choices than to have an additional item type. If adding an additional item type is necessary to balance out the game and allow for additional character customization and/or diversity, a non-visual item type could be added. This has been done in a lot of RPG games. Rings, amulets, tokens, etc... Having a cape item type would really just be for the benefit of an added graphical element. And like I said, the extra effort would not be worth it considering the simplistic nature of SO.