News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ace of Spades (Minecraft + Call of Duty)

Started by Freeforall, July 21, 2011, 12:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

Hey, this game is called Ace of Spades. REALLY fun game. A shooting game in which you build your own forts and levels.

This is on the front page of their website:

Huge randomly generated maps with lakes and rivers
Dig through terrain ? make trenches or tunnels
Build anything ? defensive positions to fortresses
Realistic gun mechanics including ironsights and recoil
Dynamic lighting system based on ambient occlusion
Up to 32 players battling simultaneously

System Requirements:

Your grandmother?s rig can run this game

11clock

OMG MINECRAFT RIPOFF.

Looks like a sweet game. Sadly, I don't like shooting games that much, especially FPSs.

Freeforall

Quote from: 11clock on July 21, 2011, 01:26:20 AM
OMG MINECRAFT RIPOFF.

Looks like a sweet game. Sadly, I don't like shooting games that much, especially FPSs.
I actually really like this game. I downloaded it today and have been playing for about 6 hours, and I get a solid 60 FPS no matter what is going on. Very easy game to run.

EpicPhailure

Pretty fun game. Needs more anti-hacking and anti-griefing protection though. There's literally nothing stopping a griefer from repeatedly joining the server and destroying things.

Might I add that this isn't a CoD type run and gun game. There are 2 weapons at the moment; the rifle and the SMG. The rifle is probably the best weapon to get acquainted with, because one headshot will stop an SMGer from getting anywhere near his own headshot range. And it's impossible to run and gun with the rifle. Just, don't try it.

Mystery

I've heard about this game before. I've never bothered to try it out, though. Are there enough people online it constantly to make playing it worthwhile?
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Freeforall

Quote from: Mystery on July 21, 2011, 12:06:48 PM
I've heard about this game before. I've never bothered to try it out, though. Are there enough people online it constantly to make playing it worthwhile?
There are a lot of people online. Some of the servers are full.

And at epicfail, I always run and gun with the rifle. I ended a game last night with 80 kills. And ow, I just cracked my tooth. :s

Chaos

You know, I hate games that just rip-off Minecraft *COUGHFORTRESSCRAFTCOUGH*.  Which is precisely why I don't hate this one, because while the terrain is blocks and can be modified similar to minecraft, this looks to actually be a war/shooter game, which makes ALL the difference.  Guns don't really belong in Minecraft, so make a game where they do belong.  Makes sense to me.  Who hasn't wished for terrain deformation and modification while playing a shooter?   :D
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Freeforall on July 21, 2011, 12:50:52 PM
Quote from: Mystery on July 21, 2011, 12:06:48 PM
There are a lot of people online. Some of the servers are full.

And at epicfail, I always run and gun with the rifle. I ended a game last night with 80 kills. And ow, I just cracked my tooth. :s

What I mean is that you don't sprint around everywhere and never stop to shoot. CoD is like, sprint everywhere, slow down to gun someone down, sprint for another 3 meters, gun another person down, etc.

krele

Quote from: Chaos on July 21, 2011, 08:53:03 PM
Who hasn't wished for terrain deformation and modification while playing a shooter?   :D
Something like real-time fps version of worms. I'd love it!

sayers6

CherryPie

I love the rainbow colored map, stayed on it for 4 hours this weekend and had 150+ kills :DD

Freeforall

Quote from: CherryPie on July 25, 2011, 01:16:16 PM
I love the rainbow colored map, stayed on it for 4 hours this weekend and had 150+ kills :DD
Is that the one called Hallway?

sayers6

the game really needs a better votekick. griefs can stay on too long and do too much damage.

Freeforall

Quote from: sayers6 on July 25, 2011, 09:06:24 PM
the game really needs a better votekick. griefs can stay on too long and do too much damage.
Yep. And people will just kick about anybody for no reason.
Although I am looking forward to the next update, I hear they are adding new weapons.

CherryPie

Quote from: Freeforall on July 27, 2011, 12:34:50 AM
Quote from: sayers6 on July 25, 2011, 09:06:24 PM
Yep. And people will just kick about anybody for no reason.
Although I am looking forward to the next update, I hear they are adding new weapons.

Someone was trying to kick me because I got angry at hackers and switched team to grief a bit. Votekick failed.
Then i set up a votekick with the reason "stupidity" against him and it succeded.. :D