News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Humble Indie Bundle 3

Started by Scotty, July 26, 2011, 07:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

It's that time again, pull out your coin purses:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

11clock

Buying the pack, but I already have And Yet It Moves. Might give it to someone who doesn't have it.

EDIT: Woah...I haven't even played through all the games and I can already tell that Hammerfight is going to be the best game I'll ever play. That game is...words can't describe the awesomeness of this game. I'm only 5 minutes into the game it's AMAZING. Who knew that bashing helicopters with oversized maces was so much fun! :D
*plays more Hammerfight*

krele

I see notch made quite a donation again.

11clock

Hammerfight is the hardest game I ever played by far! I've died like 50 times now, and I only just defeated the first boss! But still, I love the gameplay! It's incredibly satisfying to rip foes to threads with a giant hammer!

I completed VVVVVV, but not 100%. Still got 7 more Trinkets to find. I finally got that one behind a tiny block (see my thread on games that troll). Quite a fun game and reminds me of An Untitled Story. Wish it was longer.

Crayon Physics is a unique game and is very interesting. Played through the first 2 islands. Some of the puzzles seem impossible, though.

And Yet It Moves is a unique game as well. You can alter the gravity completely in that game, full 360. The levels are quite unique. Does get a little frustrating at points.

Cogs is...meh. I'm not a fan of sliding puzzles (mainly because I suck at them).

EDIT: After the level after the first boss in Hammerfight, the game gets a lot easier and more fun. The first boss you can refight a little later, but the second time around he's a whole lot easier because of the weapon you have and the small enclosed space allows you to ram the creature into the walls. He died in like 15 seconds. It's highly recommended you refight the boss when you are given the chance. You get a very good item!

sayers6

Hammerfight is nice, but it takes way too much mousework O.o anyways, i gave in and got the back...I wanted to pay more, but I'm broke as hell right now

11clock

Quote from: sayers6 on August 01, 2011, 11:40:18 PM
Hammerfight is nice, but it takes way too much mousework O.o anyways, i gave in and got the back...I wanted to pay more, but I'm broke as hell right now

Go to the settings and change the mouse speed to 100 (the minimum). Your mouse will move a lot faster and it'll be much easier to control the helicopter.

sayers6

Matty_Richo

Well I got it last night, and I must say, 11 games for Under $50 (I didn't have a spare $50 lying around or else i would have paid that) is an amazing deal.

Crayon Physics is fun, I've finished all the levels on the first island but haven't gotten enough starts to move on, but from what I've played it's fun and well made game.

Cogs is great, possibly my favourite, I'm a huge fan of those types of puzzle games, and i'm really enjoying this one, I've only played the first 15 levels or so, but it's really good.

VVVVVV I already had, but none the less it is a fun little game with a unique idea to it, however, it gets a little too repetitive for my liking.

Hammerfight is ok, I have only played it for a little while but I got bored pretty quickly, mind you I got really confused and didn't get very far, I'll go back a bit later and give it some more time.

And Yet It Moves is a bit of fun, but a little bit frustrating, again I haven't played this one all that much yet.

Steel Storm: Burning Retribution is lots of fun, I've played the first few levels and I like it, it's a fun little game that I'll hopefully get around to finishing.

11clock

Quote from: Matty_Richo on August 05, 2011, 01:17:04 AM
Well I got it last night, and I must say, 11 games for Under $50 (I didn't have a spare $50 lying around or else i would have paid that) is an amazing deal.

Crayon Physics is fun, I've finished all the levels on the first island but haven't gotten enough starts to move on, but from what I've played it's fun and well made game.

Cogs is great, possibly my favourite, I'm a huge fan of those types of puzzle games, and i'm really enjoying this one, I've only played the first 15 levels or so, but it's really good.

VVVVVV I already had, but none the less it is a fun little game with a unique idea to it, however, it gets a little too repetitive for my liking.

Hammerfight is ok, I have only played it for a little while but I got bored pretty quickly, mind you I got really confused and didn't get very far, I'll go back a bit later and give it some more time.

And Yet It Moves is a bit of fun, but a little bit frustrating, again I haven't played this one all that much yet.

Steel Storm: Burning Retribution is lots of fun, I've played the first few levels and I like it, it's a fun little game that I'll hopefully get around to finishing.

About Hammerfight, the only way you can actually enjoy it is by going to the options and changing the mouse speed to 100. It makes it a lot easier to control the helicopter. If you're still confused on how to play the game, then let me explain. You control the helicopter with the mouse. There is no attack button, but you instead attack by swinging your weapon around to build up momentum, followed by smashing your opponents!