News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Steam is broken.

Started by 11clock, July 24, 2011, 10:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

I try to log into Steam, then it says I'm logging in from another computer. Confused, I had a code sent to me via email. I then attempted to use the code to log in, and Steam tells me that the code I entered was incorrect. :/

Anyone else having trouble logging into Steam?

sly 3 4 me

I tried logging into Steam on both my browser and through the client, both loaded correctly, albeit the client seemed to take a long time to load. Try seeing if you can log into the page through your browser, I had some problems with it keep asking me for the code a while back too. Perhaps you wiped out the login information for Steam and it created some random error? I know CCleaner and a few other programs can do so, but I normally keep them unchecked if it has the option.

11clock

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on July 24, 2011, 10:51:50 PM
I tried logging into Steam on both my browser and through the client, both loaded correctly, albeit the client seemed to take a long time to load. Try seeing if you can log into the page through your browser, I had some problems with it keep asking me for the code a while back too. Perhaps you wiped out the login information for Steam and it created some random error? I know CCleaner and a few other programs can do so, but I normally keep them unchecked if it has the option.
I did try to log in on my browser. I can log in just fine into the client, but not on my browser. I have used CCleaner recently, so that's probably the problem?

Freeforall

I can log in fine, I just put $50 dollars in the account and it worked.

sly 3 4 me

If it is some strange mess up, I suppose you should just keep having the codes sent? I believe if you press 'What code?', the button along those lines, it sends a new one. Try that if you haven't already. If you already have, then maybe reinstall Steam. Make sure to back the games up if you do end up doing that, it's better to just take the whole contents of the folder.

EpicPhailure

If you use Gmail or something, check for stacked messages it sends you.

11clock

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 25, 2011, 12:43:12 AM
If you use Gmail or something, check for stacked messages it sends you.

I use Yahoo, but it did send me a ton of codes. None of them work, and when I attempt to use one I am sent another one, and I didn't even click the button that sends a code. -_-

I'll try logging into Steam on the Mac half of my computer, since I never used a computer cleaner on the Mac half. (I never needed to.)

EDIT: That didn't work. Going to have to contact Steam.

EpicPhailure

Use the LATEST one. Don't use older ones.