News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

3DS Price drop and Ambassador Program

Started by Chaos, July 28, 2011, 07:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

Quote from: Forum on July 30, 2011, 11:17:48 AM
Can you still trade in a DS lite for a 3ds and save money? Also would ds games work on the 3ds?
Not sure if they are still doing the trade in towards the 3DS and get bonus cash towards your purchase program, my guess would be yes. But as for the DS games working on it, yes they do.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Chaos on July 30, 2011, 02:00:37 AM
THEY CANCELED MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3!?  GOD DAMNIT!

Seriously, !@#$ you Capcom.

I thought the exact same thing. Capcom just screwed up big time.
You did hear, as well, that the creator of Megaman left Capcom to form his own studios as well?

And on the same note, a lot of 3DS game cancellations have been happening, so this is another reason for the price drop, to hopefully provide incentive to keep developers on board.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Mystery

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on July 30, 2011, 02:41:39 PM
Quote from: Chaos on July 30, 2011, 02:00:37 AM
THEY CANCELED MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3!?  GOD DAMNIT!

Seriously, !@#$ you Capcom.

I thought the exact same thing. Capcom just screwed up big time.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2011/07/18/a_message_from_capcom

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2011/07/19/to_the_devroom_and_legends_3_fans_everywhere

From what I can tell, it was basically not released because it didn't have enough approval from the higher-ups in Capcom, which is incredibly stupid. The blog doesn't give specifics, the only 'reason' they gave for cancellation and not even releasing the Prototype on the eShop is that "it was not that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project met the required criteria".

Hopefully the ball will start rolling with the 3DS when this nonsense stops happening.

EDIT: I'd just like to say that the release date for the 3DS was HORRIBLY, HORRIBLY mistimed. Nintendo's making too many mistakes.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lucifer

And this is why I don't buy portable gaming systems until they've been out for a good long while.
Right about now would be a good time to go buy a black & white game boy, it's been out long enough.

CherryPie

Quote from: Chaos on July 28, 2011, 01:56:53 PM
@Scott:  No, they didn't call it a flop, and I never said they did.  I was replying to CherryPie's post saying that the WiiU better not flop, as though the 3DS had.

I never wrote that, however, I did wrote that the very important share price of nintendo is dropping a lot due to the fact that 3DS-sales haven't performed as well as predicted by the analysts. So to get that share up again the WiiU needs to met the high expectations, instead.

Quote from: Lucifer on July 31, 2011, 02:29:50 PM
And this is why I don't buy portable gaming systems until they've been out for a good long while.
Right about now would be a good time to go buy a black & white game boy, it's been out long enough.

Uhh, for all portable systems I would be with you, but with the Vita you can't do anything wrong, looking on its pricetag. Sony can't go down more than $50 in the near future (next 2-3 years) because they need to hit break even with it somewhere in that time period. (If you don't know, the hardware in the Vita is worth about $500-$600 and even with Sonys' mass production it still costs em $350/unit)

Even if the 3rd party games will be as shitty as most psp titles, you still have a lot of 1st party triple a's + mobile-like device (3g calls with skype, awesome OLED-screen, navigation, internet on the go..)

Zario777

XD I thought I was the only one who bought the 3DS day 1 and only played (and bought) OoT for it =P
But Im not really upset about all this since Fall-Winter, I should have  alot more games + the 20 free retro games to come along with it (Looking forward to Mario Kart Super Circuit and possibly Link's Awakening!)
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

ARTgames

Kinda of a big sized add-on. Its nice to see that portable systems of this gen finely adopting duel analog sticks. I cant help to feel its to compete with the psp vita by trying to get more hardcore games. This also makes them easier to move from system to system, something I didn't think Nintendo would do.

Cactuscat222

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Chaos

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Prosper

Quote from: Lucifer on July 31, 2011, 02:29:50 PM

Its not called Black and white gameboy. Its "Game boy Pocket".

ARTgames

Well he could also be refereeing to the original Gameboy.

Chaos

The 10 GBA games have been finally released.  DL 'em now, if ya haven't!
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

ARTgames

I wonder if turkey is eligible. Thanks chaos for reminding us.