News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Anti-Aliasing

Started by Freeforall, August 05, 2011, 07:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

Quote from: krele on August 12, 2011, 11:55:50 PM
Quote from: Lingus on August 12, 2011, 06:52:02 PM
I think a high AA is what was causing my computer to crash while playing Assassin's Creed 2. After I turned down several graphics options in the game I don't get this problem anymore. Any thoughts?
Funny that you mention it! I was having the same problem with Brotherhood! It happens because your graphics card isn't supported well enough with your current power supply. Do you by any chance possess an nVidia gpu?
Yep. Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS. My computer is about 5-6 years old, so it's definitely not up to supporting the highest settings on recently new games.

What does your computer do when it freezes? Mine loops the audio which basically makes kind of a grinding or whirring sort of sound with the speakers, and the video locks up completely. I have to do a hard reset. I have also lost a lot of play time because the game didn't save.

krele

Quote from: Lingus on August 13, 2011, 02:04:05 PM
Quote from: krele on August 12, 2011, 11:55:50 PM
Quote from: Lingus on August 12, 2011, 06:52:02 PM
I think a high AA is what was causing my computer to crash while playing Assassin's Creed 2. After I turned down several graphics options in the game I don't get this problem anymore. Any thoughts?
Funny that you mention it! I was having the same problem with Brotherhood! It happens because your graphics card isn't supported well enough with your current power supply. Do you by any chance possess an nVidia gpu?
Yep. Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS. My computer is about 5-6 years old, so it's definitely not up to supporting the highest settings on recently new games.

What does your computer do when it freezes? Mine loops the audio which basically makes kind of a grinding or whirring sort of sound with the speakers, and the video locks up completely. I have to do a hard reset. I have also lost a lot of play time because the game didn't save.
I have 9800 gtx+ which is basically the same! YES it loops the audio, and more often than not green/violet artifacts show up on my screen prior to the crash! I lost hours too, and contacted my local PC support center. They claim it's the faulty drivers, but Google knows better. Not to mention my drivers are always up-to-date. Google says it's our power supply not being hardcore enough to support the card.

Makes me want to convert to ATI...

Lingus

My power supply did crap out a little while back and I replaced it with a beefier one. So i'm not sure...

In any case, I realized while playing today that AC2 doesn't have an AA option in the graphics settings. So I just turned everything down to the lowest setting and lowered the resolution a notch. I was able to get through the rest of the game. I'll be moving on to brotherhood after a short rest.

I guess we're sort of off topic here a bit right?