News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Top 10 Favorite Video Games?

Started by 11clock, August 15, 2011, 03:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

What are your top 10 favorite video games of all time? Here are mine:

1: Ninjatown (Nintendo DS)
The best tower defense game I've ever played, and my favorite game of all time. Very well balanced, big variety of levels, and the ninjas are absolutely adorable. The final boss is also very long and dramatic, and one of my all-time favorite bosses. The funny thing about this game being #1 is that I don't like most tower defense games.

2: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Nintendo Gamecube)
The best RPG I've ever played. About 40 hour long storyline, and some cool distractions like side-quests and the Pit of 100 Trials. The battle system is the best I've seen in RPGs.

3: Plants vs Zombies (PC, Xbox 360, iPhone, Nintendo DS)
A castle defense game. It gives you something new after each level, making this title very addicting.

4: Mario & Luigi-Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo DS)
Another excellent RPG by Nintendo. If it wasn't for its incredibly long tutorial, it would of been a little higher.

5: Terraria (PC)
There is a lot to do in this game. There are some dull parts, but not that many.

6. Treasure Adventure Game (PC)
I have to say that this is one of the most well constructed metroidvanias I have ever played. The storyline is great and mysterious, the boss fights are fun, and the overall level design is superb. My only complaint is that it's more troublesome than it should be to travel between the islands, even with the Magic Bottle. The islands are too far apart, and there should be a warp portal on BOTH sides of each island, not just one side.
I give props for the final boss fight. One of the best final bosses I've fought, and a great conclusion to the story.

7: An Untitled Story (PC)
An adventure platformer that packs a good amount of content for its price (FREE!). It's also challenging, depending on the difficulty level you pick.

8: Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo Wii)
A very challenging platformer starring your favorite ape. Best level design I've seen in any video game!

9: Hammerfight (PC)
A fighting game with no buttons (except for hotkeys). You move your helicopter around to build momentum in your weapon, and then you smack your enemies upside the head!

10: League of Evil (iOS)
Very fun and addicting fast-paced platformer. Similar to Super Meat Boy, but it's easier to control the character and the levels are less difficult. You have an attack that also functions as a platforming mechanic.

Honorable mentions:

Breath of Death VII: A fun parody RPG. Pretty hilarious.
Game Dev Story: It's one of those games where you play for two days strait and then stop playing completely, a fire without much wood.
Super Monkey Ball 2: Awesome game, but the difficulty is overwhelming. Still, I like a good challenge.
Soosiz: Great platformer.
Drawn to Life: A platformer that allows you to draw some of the graphics in the game.
Timesplitters 2: I spent hours in the level editor. I've lost interest in FPSs since.
Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom: An open-ended 3D platformer with HUGE levels and epic boss fights.
Spongebob Squarepants The Movie: Similar to SSBfBB, but more strait forward.
Super Mario 64: I never finished the original, but I remember liking it. I completed the DS version later. (defeated final boss in DS version, did NOT collect all stars)

Freeforall

1: Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast)
Seriously, I bought my dreamcast just so I could play this.

2: Earthbound (SNES)
Really fun game, great story line.

3: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare (PC)
My favourite COD game.

4: FATE (PC)
Endless RPG, really great.

5: Minecraft (PC)
I just love this game.

6: Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 (Gamecube - Japan Only)
AWESOME game. I had a japanese gamecube imported so I could play it.

7: Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360, PS3)
Grand Theft Auto in the old west.

8: BLUR (PC)
Really great racing game.

9: PGR4 (Xbox 360)
Another racing game. Great graphics.

10: Bioshock 2 (PC)
Yeah.

Zario777

1. Super Mario World (SNES)
I've always loved this game and I think it was my first Mario game played

2. Paper Mario TTYD (GC)
I can replay this game forever

3. Donkey Kong Contry 2 (SNES)
Best DKC game ever made

(NOTE: The rest of the games aren't in any particular order)

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (GC)
I love the game and I love the Chao as well!

The Smash Bros.  Series (N64,GC,Wii)
Nuff said?

Frogger (PSX)
Best Frogger game I've ever played!

The Burnout Series (Xbox)
I like racing and smashing cars and doing tricks in slow mo!

Heavy Rain (PS3)
Storyline wise? Amazingness. And you get to play the cutscenes!

Seiklus (PC)
No enemies? No problem! Still a great game

Luigi's Mansion (GC)
Scariest rated E game known to me! And its fun to replay B)
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Lucifer

More or less in order, although I truly love all of these equally.

1. Stick Online
Always has been, always will be.

2. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
First FPS I ever played, still play actively today. Medal of Honor made up the concept of "Sniper Only" battles, allowing for complex movement while maintaining the ability to be accurate with a sniper rifle in close range. Perhaps unrealistic, but fun as !@#$.

3. Diablo 1 & 2.
I've played Diablo for as long as I can remember gaming, pouring more hours into both games than I have in anything to this day. <3<3<3

4. Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expansion & Age of Mythology.
I've played, and still play, both of these games obsessively. I praise Microsoft for creating such magnificent RTS games, and although Age of Empires 3 didn't compare, it was still a unique approach to the RTS genre with its deck system.

5. Deus Ex
The first one, not the second one, although the second was decent enough. Dues Ex has always trumped all other story driven FPS games for me, I can't wait to see if the third game will compare.

6. Morrowind/Oblivion
Both of these elder scrolls games hold a high place in my heart, Morrowind for the sheer massiveness of its creativity, and Oblivion as a quality more solid continuation of the series.

7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
I'm with FreeForAll in that, in terms of modern FPS games, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has been my favorite. The games I've played after it seem to have lost touch with what it really meant to be a realistic shooter.

8. Warcraft 3
Not only is vanilla Warcraft 3 an excellent RTS with a Hero system so awesome it has yet to be replicated, but what made this game completely excellent was the sheer amount of custom games. You can play this game all day and not get bored.

9. .Hack//G.U. Vol 1.
I have yet to play Vol. 2 & Vol. 3 for various reasons, but I've beat this game to 100% completion twice. I could so imagine The World as an actual MMORPG.

10. Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna
This game was less known than Diablo 2, but in the same league as a quality RPG. More story driven but less hack and slash, I'll always remember Jesus the Undead Nature Mage.

God-I-Suck

No order:

1. Stick Online (PC)
The only game I have been still playing for years. 'Nuff said!

2. Halo: Combat Evolved (PC)
The game I used to play for HOURS and is still one of the best Halo games imo.

3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360)
The best Call of Duty game imo, if more people played I would be on that stuff.

4. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox)
Amazing game, had fun times playing it!

5. Mario Party 1, 2, or 5 (Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube)
Very fun game to play by yourself or with friends. I picked these 3 because I believe they are the best of the series.

6. Super Smash Bros Melee (Nintendo Gamecube)
Used to play this game all the time and it got real competitive with friends.

7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (Nintendo 64)
One of the greatest games I've ever played ! O:

8. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo 64)
Very good game like above. I actually never beat it.. lol.

9. Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)
My favorite Mario game of all time!

10. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (Gameboy Advance)
The game I spent so looong playing, on the go! =D 99% bestiary completion D:

I have more but this is my rough estimate of favorites . :P

Scotty

Other than #1, no specific order:

• Metal Gear Solid Series (my favorite being #3 for the PS2)
  • Morrowind/Oblivion
  • Super Smash Bros. (Wii more than N64, but both extremely fun and great party games)
  • Final Fantasy 3 (SNES, or 6 for those who are familiar with it by that number)
  • Gauntlet series (NES most favored, first for the N64 was brilliant as well)
  • Shenmue (Dreamcast)
  • Record of Lodoss War (Dreamcast, very Diablo'esque for the curious)
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (although Ocarina of Time and the first are also just as classic and enjoyable)
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Minecraft

Matty_Richo

10. Minecraft - It's Minecraft, 'nuff said.

9. Chip's Challenge - This was the pinnacle of puzzle games, really was brilliant, one of my earliest gaming memories, and the guy that said 'Bummer' when you lost, classic

8. Fallout: New Vegas - Got this one on it's release day, very fun, played it all night.

7. Counter Strike: Source - One of the best FPS games around, I play it lots and I only wish I could be better at it.

6. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - I always enjoy a good Mario game, and this is one of the finest there is.

5. Super 3D Noah's Ark - I am pretty sure I am one of about 5 people in the world that actually like this game, it was the game I grew up on, the first FPS I ever played, and it will always have that special place in my heart.

4. Age of Empires II - I have this friend, called Jono, and he wins, always, he just always wins. The hours I spend on this game before each LAN party, attempting to become good enough to beat him, are long, but this game, is great.

3. Mario Kart: Double Dash - I remember when it came out, I saw it on special, bought it, and didn't stop playing it, and it's still great to this day.

2. Sid Meier's Pirates - I've achieved almost 300 hours in this game, and it's been worth it, this game is great, and always different, with a lot of games, once you've played it through, the only reason to go back is that you've forgotten it or you want to speed run it. Pirates wasn't like that, every time you played it was different, especially given the different decades you could play in.

1. Oblivion - This is the only game to date that I have racked up over 500 hours of game play. It is the game I play when I'm sick, or on rainy days etc. But it really is an amazing game, it is massive, the graphics are astounding even after 5 years, the mods, the voice acting, everything about this game is great.

Hon. mentions go out to:
Stick Online - Sorry!
Metroid Prime - I never owned it, so I never fully played it, but it was pretty awesome.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Haven't had it long enough to know whether it's worthy.
Zelda (all of them) - This was a tough one, I really wanted to put them there because they are brilliant games, I just didn't enjoy them as much as i would have liked.

krele

1. Brave Fencer Musashi
A REALLY rare Action-RPG for PSX. This is a title that decided my eternal love for Squaresoft and action rpg
games. I will remember this game and it's epic battle system, humor, characters
and storyline my entire life. This game was a big part of my childhood, I remember
how me and my friends made wooden swords and colored our cloths to make
"Legendary armor" hahaha. Epic boss fights, awesome battle system, humor like
naming characters and areas by food (Allucaneet Kingdom, Thirstquencher Empire,
Princess Fillet, etc...). As soon as I've read this topic's name this game showed in
my mind. Thanks, because I might play it once more soon!

2. Secret of Mana II
One of the most thrilling stories ever made in a game. Awesome combat, stats and class system. I remember
I played this game as a kid on SNES, but since I was a kid my English was good enough only to understand
cartoons, etc. When I was like 13 I played this again and was amazed what an experience this game is.

3. Digimon World 3
Enjoyed as a child, enjoying it as an adult. Easily my favorite RPG game on PSX. I'm not a huge fan of Digimon
franchise, but I am a huge fan of Ban-Dai Digimon games. Especially for their music! This easily beats any RPG
at the time it was released to a pulp. I racked up over 300 hours of gameplay when I was a kid, that's how
good it is.

4. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
This is also a really big part of my childhood. Me and my neighbor played this for DAYS to beat all the bosses
and unlock all the secret levels. A great title, even better than Super Mario World in my opinion. The graphics
were unique as well, the world looked like it was colored with crayons which looks quite cool too!

5. Final Fantasy V & VI
Oh 2D Final Fantasy, how I miss thee... I wish I never played these games just so I could play them for full
experience once more. Deep story-line, however in my opinion Secret of Mana II beats it by a tiny bit. I liked
FF V character developing system more, but FF VI had a better story-line, so it evens out.

6. Lomax
Another rare PSX game. My all-time favorite platformer on PSX. It has amazing gameplay, graphics and music,
but pretty much no storyline which isn't a bad thing. You're an adventuring lemming, passing levels trying to
save your friends and beat the evil lemming. The game had 5 "worlds", each in it's own theme with matching
music, enemies and graphics!
If you're a fan of video game music, this soundtrack has my favorite video game song (it starts at 3:04):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfmc0IlxOBs

7. Legacy of Kain: Soulreaver
A dark adventure with an awesome storyline. Once again, I loved the combat system and the character.
This title is filled with epicness, and no matter how hard I try, I can't find a single con in this game...

8. Spyro 3
3D adventure with already familiar characters. Out of all Spyro games, this game offered the most. So many
things to do, stuff to collect, scores to beat, dragon eggs to crack, bosses to defeat and speedways to complete.
This game defines a great fantasy adventure.

9. Crash Bandicoot: Warped
My favorite 3D platform/adventure of all time. I think you all know this game, so how much more do you need?
This is a masterpiece that 90% of us played.

10. Gex 2
Another epic adventure game! I'm so fu*king sad crystal dynamics aren't making games anymore, 'cause this
game was a masterpiece. A little bit crude humor, which wouldn't be bad if I didn't play this as a 7 year old kid
haha!

I don't doubt that I'll bash my head on my wall when I remember a title or two that could fit here much more than some games haha!

11clock

Updated my list with a childhood memory I almost forgot about, taking Terraria's place in the #1 slot. Donkey Kong Country Returns also moved up a slot, and I added honorable mentions.

Scotty

I had completely forgotten about Timesplitters 2.  I have to agree that I don't think I've ever spent as much time in a game as that.  I used to have my friends in High School over during snow days and after school pretty much regularly when the game came out.  In fact, I remember how we all pitched in on a router and they'd bring three playstations over, we'd all sit in rooms right next to eachother playing the game.  Some of the levels were just ridiculous, and I don't think I've ever had more fun playing a game with friends.  Heck, I even remember how when we first played my copy on one playstation, we would actually duct tape a piece of cardboard vertically across the screen so two could sit on one side of the tv and play against the other two on the other side of the TV. 

You are absolutely correct, I would vote for that as my all time favorite game.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Matty_Richo on August 15, 2011, 10:46:48 PM
9. Chip's Challenge - This was the pinnacle of puzzle games, really was brilliant, one of my earliest gaming memories, and the guy that said 'Bummer' when you lost, classic
Haha, omg, I forgot about that game! Those were some good(and yet frustrating) times. xD

Mine aren't really in order... But I'll number them for organization.

1. American McGee's Alice/Alice: Madness Returns.
I loved Disney's version of Alice when I was young, I enjoyed the books, and these games just brought back all those memories in a more mature, dark, and twisted way. Mostly I loved the imagery in the games :3

2. Lunia
I guess... I still play it constantly. It's not a point-and-click game which is why I've stuck with it so long. Dislike that it's repetitive. Mainly I just play to talk to the many friends I've made. lol.

3. Left 4 Dead 2
Only game I could get my bf to play with me... It's a fun game and most of all you get to massacre zombies :D

4. All Super Smash Bros. games
A group of favorite Nintendo characters all battling to the death in one game? Awesome

5. Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
As much as I wanted to shove that damn Navi in a jar, lock it in a chest and chuck it in the bottom of Lake Hylia, I did enjoy this game. Especially riding Epona :D And pissing off the Windmill guy. Oh, and !@#$ing with chickens. So much to do in that game... :)

6. Mario Kart
I remember playing these games as a kid(and even getting my dad to play), they were a lot of fun(Not including the Rainbow Roads in the "fun" part). Had fun playing them as a kid and I had fun playing them all the way up to the Wii version.

7. Gauntlet games
It's been so long since I've played them but my goodness I had fun with them. Good shit yo :D

I'm going to leave it at 7 for now, I'm not a huge video gamer so there's very few games I've actually played all the way through. And I have a bad memory so some might pop back in my head later... x.x

My Honorable Mentions:
-Stick Online: I don't play it anymore, but it was the first ever online game I played and introduced me to the world of mmorpg's.
-Dragon Nest: mmorpg that reminds me a little of Lunia except it's ACTUALLY 3D. It's only in OB though with thousands of bots and a lvl24 cap. I really like it, but because it's OB, I definitely can't call it a favorite yet.
-Kingdom Hearts: Great games, love the story line, love the incorporation of Disney movies. never played through them all the way myself, but watched my siblings do so.

RayRay

I thought about my list for a while. Here's what I came up with.

1. Minecraft (PC) - Duh. Other than that word, I like how freely the game is. You can basically design 3d levels! Structures and the volume required for a jump change once in a while. The survival part I felt was refreshing, especially the feeling of surprise that mostly comes from the stupid skeletons with the ear-blasting arrows. (my mouse jumps all over the place, forcing me to play on Easy) I think it would've been softened with more music, which case-in point, I really love. And don't get me started on the community. They make everything about it awesome! My YouTube channel has mostly Minecraft subscriptions. I believe I've played over 600 hours.

2. Roller Coaster Tycoon (PC) - My biggest childhood came from this game. It has so many factors in the game, such as people vomitting and people hating it, and it keeps track of what the money was spent on and gained from. You have to keep people satisfied in your park, and meet people's expectations, such as not making roller coasters too intense or lame. My arch rival in the game was Station Brakes Failure, where if you had coaster trains going over 34 mph they explode, killing people and forcing you to reload your save with the terrible park ratings. However I stopped that by not letting the coaster end at over 34 mph.

3. Kingdom Hearts II (PS2) - The game was very long, about 60+ hours. I must say, this game had a very excellent story. My brother keeps rebeating it; the story is that good. The gameplay is a tad repetitive, though.

4. Portal 2 (PC) - This game also had a good story, but I played it for the gameplay elements that didn't exist in the first installment. Since it also had the developer's console, I could play custom maps. I also like how the portals give a new view to rooms with the quantum physics, especially how you can see crystal clear through them.

5. Photo Dojo (DSi) - One of the best fighter games I ever found. I was able to get it as it was free, but now it costs $1.99 on eShop. You can make your own fighters in this game with the DSi cameras. The fact that you could make stupid and random voices for your character just dumped all the fun in that game.

6. Stick Online 0.3 (PC) - This game is not yet released, but I put it here for the sake that I know I'm going to play this game for a while. After Meiun decided to release the sneak peek and answer all of our questions, I decided that it was pretty cool even though I've never experienced the gameplay.

7. Pictobits (DSi) - Another fun game I found in the eShop that's $4.99. You can pick up blocks called bits and clear incoming tetris pieces that fall from above. The goal is to complete an 8-bit picture on the top screen by clearing those tetris pieces. There are only 30 levels, but some of them are very challenging. You can also listen to the 8-bit music.

8. Dragon Quest IX (DS) - A game that just had a basic story but with an interesting combat system. This is the game that inspired me to make Forum Adventures.

9. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) - Another Dragon Quest game which had another basic story. Unlike IX, it didn't have much of an afterstory. It did explain what you were from, though.

10. Pok?mon Soulsilver (DS) - Nuff said, though I did like the Olympics bit.

11clock

Yankyal

1.portal 2
2.super mario bros 64
3.tf2
4.warcraft 3
5.pokemon leaf green
6.dead island
7.katawa shoujo
8.jet force gemini
9.from dust
10.nba street volume 3

get on my level.

Quote from: DarkTrinity on September 05, 2011, 11:35:31 PM
3. Left 4 Dead 2
Only game I could get my bf to play with me... It's a fun game and most of all you get to massacre zombies :D
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

11clock

Fixed an error with my top 10 list and placed League of Evil back in as #10.