News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

GIF Looping

Started by LeGuy, August 09, 2009, 07:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeGuy

This doesn't have to do with S.O. or these forums, but it's still Tech Support. I suppose I'll see if it's moved to off topic.

Anyhow, my avatar is an animated GIF, but it only runs through the animation once. I want it to loop - does anybody know if there's some sort of software that can loop it for me?

I use Game Make Paint, by the way.

Halp!
Whee!

EpicPhailure

I used Unfreez to make DT's animating text (which wasn't well done any way xd).

If you used frames, then you could merely load them into it and then make another GIF file.

Aqua

Yeah, I heard that UnFreez works for it. Personally, I just settle with not looped, or use another program (I use GM's image editor all the time).
~Aqua

LeGuy

Unfreez doesn't work. Darn.
Whee!

EpicPhailure

JoEL

GM GIFs are different to proper GIF images. You need to use another program.

Mr Pwnage

Look up: "Beneton Movie Gif"

Snakeman gave it to me like a year ago, I still use it. It's free and it's great, and no image quality loss.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

Quote from: JoEL on August 10, 2009, 12:09:14 AM
GM GIFs are different to proper GIF images. You need to use another program.

Oh, I see.

yottabyte

Game Maker can only export GIFs that repeat once. And they can't be displayed in some programs etc. They are really buggy IMO.
Myself, I use Photoshop to animate pictures.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

LeGuy

Quote from: yottabyte on August 10, 2009, 06:44:13 AM
Game Maker can only export GIFs that repeat once. And they can't be displayed in some programs etc. They are really buggy IMO.
Myself, I use Photoshop to animate pictures.

Well, I like the interface of GM Paint and I've been using it for a couple of years now. However, it can also strip sheets, so do you know any programs that can make looping GIFs out of strip sheets?
Whee!

Lingus

Photoshop.

Btw, stop using GM's paint tool. It's a horrible program built into a game making tool. That would be like using Word to make websites. It's just not the best program to use. I'd rather use MS Paint... All the tools are pretty much the same. If you use photoshop or something similar, you can use layers and you have the ability to make animated gifs completely built in...

Delicious

As what was already stated, Game Maker will only animate one loop. I'd suggest, if your looking for something free, Beneton Movie Gif. However, Photoshop and Graphics Gale offer great animation Gifs, but all require a payment if you don't already have them. Graphics Gale will allow you to animate without the registered version, though it will not save it as a Gif unless it is paid for.  ;)
<3

LeGuy

I downloaded Beneton and it worked perfectly. Thanks, Delicious. :P
Whee!

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 10, 2009, 12:27:12 AM

Snakeman gave it to me like a year ago, I still use it. It's free and it's great, and no image quality loss.
I feel ignored.  :-[
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

LeGuy

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 10, 2009, 11:43:22 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 10, 2009, 12:27:12 AM

I feel ignored.  :-[

Haha, thank you, Mr. Pwnage.
Whee!