News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Standardized Test Scores

Started by Jmac, September 26, 2011, 07:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmac

So I just received my ACT scores (it was my first time taking it)! My composite score was a 28, and for a sophomore (10th grade), I don't believe that's too bad.

The minimum score that I needed for the highest scholarship Louisiana offers was a 27 so I'm pretty glad I got that on the first try. I would like to know what you guys got on your standardized tests, e.g: ACT, SAT, etc. I think it would be cool to compare my first time to others who have taken these tests. :)

Titan

Took the ACT once and I also got a 28.

My SAT was pretty bad. I think I got something like a 1790 overall.(620 for reading, 610 for math, 560 for writing.)
Livin' in a lonely world.

Hikarikuen

Hey, pretty good for a first-time sophomore. I took mine for the first time last year as a junior and got a 31, which made me really happy, except I completely bombed the writing part and got like a 5 (!).

Scotty

Quote from: Hikarikuen on September 27, 2011, 10:25:37 AM
... except I completely bombed the writing part and got like a 5 (!).

And people wonder why texting, auto-correct, twitter, and abbreviating all ur txt 2 the min possib spling is the bane of the English language.  You hoodlums got it so easy with your whizbang toys, having a good ol' hootenanny with no regard to the fundamentals!!  Gee-golly-willickers, back in my day we had to walk to our school bus with a 40lbs backpack in three feet of snow, uphill both ways with no shoes!  All you little whippersnappers have no idea how good you got it!  Poppy-cock!  :P

Hikarikuen

Quote from: Scotty on September 27, 2011, 01:21:43 PM

And people wonder why texting, auto-correct, twitter, and abbreviating all ur txt 2 the min possib spling is the bane of the English language.  You hoodlums got it so easy with your whizbang toys, having a good ol' hootenanny with no regard to the fundamentals!!  Gee-golly-willickers, back in my day we had to walk to our school bus with a 40lbs backpack in three feet of snow, uphill both ways with no shoes!  All you little whippersnappers have no idea how good you got it!  Poppy-cock!  :P

That's the most hilarious thing, people always compliment me on my essays and I'm one of the only people I know who actually uses something resembling real English in IM's and texts. I guess my old man traits carry over to my inability to push a pencil quickly :P

Scotty

Quote from: Hikarikuen on September 27, 2011, 03:18:50 PM

That's the most hilarious thing, people always compliment me on my essays and I'm one of the only people I know who actually uses something resembling real English in IM's and texts. I guess my old man traits carry over to my inability to push a pencil quickly :P

Was it writing as in spelling, or writing as in legible print?  If it's graded on the latter, well men are just effed with little hope for humanity!  ;D

Hikarikuen

Quote from: Scotty on September 27, 2011, 05:54:24 PM
Quote from: Hikarikuen on September 27, 2011, 03:18:50 PM

Was it writing as in spelling, or writing as in legible print?  If it's graded on the latter, well men are just effed with little hope for humanity!  ;D

Apparently they mainly give good grades for long, fairly cohesive essays, with handwriting and even spelling not very important. I made the mistake of going for quality instead of quantity, and I ended up with neither.

DarkTrinity

lol, I just watched The Perfect Score last night and it made me think of this topic.
"Standardized tests are racist!!"

Yankyal

I took an old SAT and got an 1890, I hope I do as well on the real one.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

T-Rok

Canada is awesome, we don't have any of this crap. :)

Yankyal

Quote from: T-Rok on October 01, 2011, 02:00:40 PM
You don't have standardized testing? How do you determine who graduates your highschool? How do colleges determine who gets in?
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

T-Rok

We don't have those idiotic scores that determine your school. We just have the basic A, B, C+, C, C-, F. Our tests are basically an every day class test except they take 2 hours per subject.

RayRay

I took one in 7th grade/3 years ago. Surprisingly, my math score was so brilliantly high, I was in the top 5% in Georgia of ALL ages. Everything else was great except my Reading which was barely passing.

By the way, Scotty, my bookbag weighs 35 lbs. right now. I had to put a jacket between my binder and all my books to keep my binder rings from destruction. :/

Torch

Quote from: Yankyal on October 01, 2011, 08:28:22 PM
Quote from: T-Rok on October 01, 2011, 02:00:40 PM
You don't have standardized testing? How do you determine who graduates your highschool? How do colleges determine who gets in?
We are marked based on our performance on projects, assignments, and tests throughout the entire semester. We have final exams and those contribute heavily to our final mark in that course. You have to get 30 credits to graduate highschool, each course being worth 1 credit for passing.

Universities (colleges in Canada are the equivalent of community colleges in the US) accept you based on the courses that you passed in highschool and the final marks you got in those courses.