News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ranged wepons

Started by House, June 04, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House

Quote from: Gho$t on August 11, 2011, 12:55:05 PM
Guns are not such a bad idea in my opinion. The damage is a little absurd, it is far to high as stated above. However I don't think a single ranged weapon should appear at a time it would cause it to be over powered and then everyone would use one specific weapon. I am pretty sure thats probably the case atm with GS/IS and what not. However to expand upon your idea and I know it has been mentioned but perhaps Bows/Crossbows and other lower powered guns. Also I don't think the damage should even be remotely close to that of a melee weapon. Damage should be small seeing as you are getting to sit back and attack, Also the knock back should not be severe at all. or people would just spam attack with guns. Also no fully automatic guns as that seems lame in every possible way I can think of it playing out. Ammo as suggested by Mystery was a good idea, Seeing as only a GM deserves the right to infinite ammo perhaps we could buy arrows/bolts/bullets from the store or get them as drops. Ranged combat is something I support so as to change things up a bit and make it slightly more tactical. Also your handgun sprite needs a lot of work, I can't really say whats wrong besides it doesn't resemble a gun to me. The shotgun however looks pretty decent, it could use some work but overall not to bad. Hopefully I haven't discouraged you but instead have inspired you to expand upon your suggestion.
you haven't really discouraged me at all i haven't really been on the computer for a while but thank you for the tips

House

description in first post i am sorry they are so small couldnt get them to be any bigger