News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

hunterblade the monster hunter ripoff

Started by venuse, November 03, 2011, 10:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venuse

you may not know but there is a game this is almost exactly like monster for the pc, except the game play isnt as good, the controls are clunky , the graphics are worse then wii, and ai is pretty none existent, but its free to play. i introduce you too hunter blade. http://hunterblade.beeboomonline.com/
if you choose to play this i suggest a controller, it works alot better for combat

Meiun

Downloading it now :P I absolutely love Monster Hunter, so I will be interested to see this.

T-Rok

Download time is stupidly long. >.>

edit: Wow and there's no resume function. Does anyone have the torrent?

sly 3 4 me

Seems interesting. I'm download it right now, although it isn't using my entire bandwidth for the download, only going at 450 KB/s right now. Guess I'll see in an hour if it works.

venuse

ok the way i downloaded it was i got flashget, then copied the link that was given t to me to download the game in google chrome, and then in flash get i clicked new download and the copied link was transfered to flashget. however my speed was only about 30 to 80 kbs. however i could stop, pause and continue when i wanted.

sly 3 4 me

Mine finished downloading in around 40 minutes, less than when it had started. The game runs alright, but you can see where it's lacking.. The screen seems a bit cluttered and the movement is clunky as you mentioned. It has potential, as this is only the beta. Hope to see it improve on the current lacking aspects.

venuse

another thing i have come across that isnt ass good is the collision detection, some times you will attack a monster and be a milimeter away and you wont hit. in monster hunter due t the precision needed the monsters usually had a decent sized hit box so that if you didnt hit them dead on you would still hit them. not in this, some times you wont do dmg even when you hit them which is odd. it has potential but there is alot that is holding it back.

by the way my char name in game is venuse8102

not sure how to add peeps yet

sly 3 4 me

Currently at level 30 on the game, add me if you'd like. My name is Sly34Me. I'm not very original with names on games. :P

venuse

you must like the game if you are already lev 30. im only like lev 20 something

ps game says you dont exist

Meiun

So I've tried playing it a bit. Seems to have potential, but so far I feel like I've spent just about all my time just running around talking to NPC's and getting free stuff for doing nothing. The rare occasion I do actually get a real hunt mission, it takes like 2 seconds and requires me to kill like 2 or 3 monsters that die in about 1 hit? I SEE lots of big cool bosses in the game, but I'm starting to get a little frustrated that I never seem to get to fight anything. One of the best parts about the real Monster Hunter series was how difficult and intense all the fights were. Hopefully things pick up soon.

venuse

one of the differences i come across is that monster hunter is that it has a clean and clear menu system. everything is presented in a way that you simply know what does what. in hunter blade, stuff isnt really explained well, not to mention the translation errors. so like in monster hunter you know that in order to mine you need a pickaxe and that you can buy them from the item shop. in this i have no clue how to obtain a pickaxe or where to mine. maybe im just over looking it or maybe they explained in a quest and i just skipped the paragraphs of jibber jabber. make me wish crapcom would port monster hunter to pc for the usa

sly 3 4 me

There is a clear difference in the game for gathering. You go to a collection site by talking to Rebecca and she will give you a gather box. It has 500 slots to obtain either bugs, herbs, or minerals. You can literally go up to the level 1 rock, click it, leave, and come back 40 minutes later with 80 proficiency in mining.. Rather lame if you ask me.. You also only receive one of these gather boxes a day. Each time I see the text errors it annoys me, but at least they're not major.. Although one of the first quests had the antelopes named Ponghorn in my quest list.. I'm assuming it was the Chinese name or something.. The listing is clunky, although it's nice you can hide it with f9 and f10. Monster Hunter is more enjoyable and interesting with how it's action based. The game does pick up with the monster bosses though. Might have to break out some Monster Hunter G on the Wii with my classic controller later.  ;D

Also, I tried adding you yesterday Venuse, it said your name didn't exist either.. Maybe we both have to be, sounds lame?
Also, Capcom didn't port Monster Hunter for the PC because they didn't want outside countries on it, despite the little usage of text and voice in the game. This game is from a Chinese company and the only reason it isn't infringement is because they changed enough of the gameplay.

venuse

dont think im gona play it. too many small things that annoy me. oh well.

sly 3 4 me

Yeah, this game would be nice if they explained the simpler things more clearly... Aside from the fact of there being no wiki for information, I believe it's lacking the 'Monster Hunter' touch. It has the elements, it just doesn't have the same structure.