News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Meiun, November 21, 2011, 11:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

So The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword just came out yesterday for the Wii, and it is friggin amazing. If you are even the slightest bit of a Zelda fan (and even if you haven't been with past ones), I highly recommend this game. I have been a Zelda fan since I was quite young, and I can honestly say that so far, this is easily shaping up to be perhaps the best in the series. Everything about the game thus far is masterfully done, to the far more immersing story, world design, and certainly the gameplay. The game requires the wii's motion+ controller (or an add on adapter) that greatly improves the remotes motion sensing capabilities. Because of this, you control Links sword with one-to-one motion sensing, meaning it perfectly mimics your every movement to the T, and it works very well. Not only does it mimic your every motion, but the game actually takes advantage of this like crazy. Monsters will block in certain directions, only be killable if you cut them a specific way, and countless other creative and awesome utilization. The game continues to surprise and impress me for countless other reasons that are a bit difficult to list, so I highly suggest that you all just go buy it if you have the money and the system! They really went all out on this one.

RayRay

Very interested in this game. I told my mom to hold off buying it (or at least keep it away from me) until Christmas. It would make my Christmas fantastic. I want to stay very interested in getting into the game, so no spoilers for me, please!

Chaos

This one is already on my Christmas list, along with Super Mario 3D Land.  :3
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

House

ill see i can get it (seeing that i have just got a wii and have too wii motion plus controllers) is it 2 player becuase my bro and i will start fighting over it after a while.

Meiun

Quote from: House on November 22, 2011, 02:29:28 AM
ill see i can get it (seeing that i have just got a wii and have too wii motion plus controllers) is it 2 player becuase my bro and i will start fighting over it after a while.
No, it's not 2 player. None of the Zelda games are.

Quote from: Chaos on November 22, 2011, 01:55:15 AM
This one is already on my Christmas list, along with Super Mario 3D Land.  :3
Both very excellent games. As some of you might know, I tend to feel that your average games nowadays suck. So it is safe to say that my standards are often pretty high. But these are both some of the most enjoyable I've played this year. Skyrim and Battlefied 3 are pretty fun too though of-course :P But in all honesty (not to say any one of these games is in any way better than any other), I actually feel that Skyward Sword has more improvements/is more of a leap forward for the Zelda series than Skyrim is for the Elders Scrolls series.

Scotty

IGN labeled it a masterpiece, 10.0/10.0, claims this is the best Zelda game ever, as well as the best Wii game, ever.  I might be picking this up for the extended holiday weekend.

stick d00d

Sounds like a good time for me to finally buy a Wii.  :)

RayRay

Quote from: Meiun on November 22, 2011, 06:06:16 PM
Quote from: House on November 22, 2011, 02:29:28 AM
No, it's not 2 player. None of the Zelda games are.
*denotes Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures*