News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros.

Started by RayRay, February 14, 2012, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crozier

I was being sarcastic about Pichu. :p

Yes melee was much worse clone wise. Haven't played brawl in a while so my info was not totally correct (specifically I didn't remember how Wolf and Ike played in brawl). But what I was saying is they could have changed things more drastically, then they did. The moves are similer. Nintendo could have pulled a few strings to give each character fully distinct movesets.

Mystery

I'll talk about a bit of the fun you can have with a softmodded Wii on Brawl Wi-Fi.

I don't use any invincibility/always have Smash Ball/always be Wario-Man and Giga Bowser/etc. codes because I couldn't care less about winning(and I usually do anyway), but one code I always have on is an 'Extra Stages' code which allows me and whoever I'm playing with to access the following stages:

All-Star Hub(it's impossible to KO anyone, and the whole screen turns irreversibly black once you stand on the portal, so Sudden Death is kind of a 'who gets to 999% last' contest, upon which I've always had the winner quit),

Home-Run Contest(it cuts off after a certain point so you can't run to the right forever, you just fall endlessly. I usually go here to have a 'winner takes all' match which can only end with the winner staying on screen, but it's impossible to have certain characters fall to their doom if they're playing properly: Peach, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Snake, Pit, Charizard, and (unfortunately)Meta Knight will never be able to lose here, though several people don't know it. Certain characters can survive for a long time but they all inevitably fail to recover at around 700%.)

Practice Stage(respawning Sandbag included),

Control Configuration Room(the room Mario is in when testing controls. Funnily enough, it IS possible to die here by getting Star KOed, but the camera is really really screwed up in a fight.)

Target Smash!! Level 1(breakable targets included),

Victory Screen(although since the graphics for it aren't set to appear during an actual game, it appears completely black),

and no stage(which consists of no floor whatsoever, so people have to try to suspend themselves in midair for as long as possible, then hit other people to keep getting points to compensate for their dying. However, for this to work, you can't have any custom stages, as the game will try to load custom stage data instead if you have one. You can't play custom stages on Wi-Fi UNLESS all players have the custom stage in question, and it's pretty much guaranteed players have deleted the sample stages, so those won't work unless you get really, REALLY, lucky).

Unfortunately, it bugs the Spectator mode so that the game freezes when it finds replay data to watch, and it bugs the appearance(and can even cause the game to freeze when going over it)of your saved replay data with the code on. But that's totally worth it.

I'd be willing to show you guys if we ever have a match. But you guys need to post your friend codes for that to happen.  :P
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

darkflash

N64 version is the freakin best.

Torch

Anyone who wants to brawl can add me at 4341-7177-3426

Turkey

Brawl Code Time!
0173-0956-5152

Added you torch.