News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Bloons Tower Defence 5

Started by Mr Pwnage, December 20, 2011, 04:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

The fifth in the series of the best flash game in existence is here! I've been a huge fan of all the prior games and can't wait to give this one a try.

Link:
http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Tower-Defense/Play/Bloons-Tower-Defense-5.html
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Freeforall

Awesome! I have some of the other ones on my iPhone!

Celson

Well just spent 6 hours playing this. Love it.

Celson

Have any of you guys actually been able to beat Round 86?

sayers6

Quote from: Celson on December 25, 2011, 06:08:19 AM
Have any of you guys actually been able to beat Round 86?
Just did.

Zario777

I've gotten to 89 then got murdered XD
Love BTD5, can't wait for the updates they promised! ^_^
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

sayers6

Mystery

What are everyone's general strategies for winning, out of curiosity?
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

RayRay

My strategy is putting Tack Shooters and Freeze Towers at the center of path arcs, (where the Bloons go around) Super Monkeys in a general area, put Snipers in the corners of the screen along with others of infinite range, and growing a Bloonberry bush at the end of the path on turn 1. So far it gets me to turn ~80 on beginner maps, and ~70 on intermediate maps. Haven't tried the advanced maps yet. (btw I use this strategy for Bloons TD in general)

Celson

I only use two towers. I have 1 sniper tower, and for the rest of the 85 rounds I use apprentice monkeys. Apprentice monkeys with there Dragon's Breath upgrade can pop bloons just as fast as a super monkey with the laser blasts upgrade. As well as being able to pop camo and lead bloons, they make for a cheaper and more effective alternative to super monkeys. Only disadvantage is they don't get range upgrades. But there initial range is good anyway, and they rarely let anything get past them.

Oh and as far as moabs go? It's almost as if moabs don't exist. They die that quickly with enough setup at the start.

Mystery

Quote from: Celson on December 25, 2011, 10:30:34 PM
I only use two towers. I have 1 sniper tower, and for the rest of the 85 rounds I use apprentice monkeys. Apprentice monkeys with there Dragon's Breath upgrade can pop bloons just as fast as a super monkey with the laser blasts upgrade. As well as being able to pop camo and lead bloons, they make for a cheaper and more effective alternative to super monkeys. Only disadvantage is they don't get range upgrades. But there initial range is good anyway, and they rarely let anything get past them.

Oh and as far as moabs go? It's almost as if moabs don't exist. They die that quickly with enough setup at the start.
I do something similar. I have several MOAB Maulers at the entrance(s), several of which have the Assassin ability, Arctic Wind Ice Towers and Glaive Lords at turns, and tons of Apprentice Monkeys with Fireball and Lightning Bolt upgrades. I use a few other towers sparingly.

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Josh

Round 105. Stopped there because I was bored out of my mind...

Prosper

I played Bloons Tower Defence 3 a LOT a few years back. Then BTD4 was such a deception to me...

Glad you made me aware of BTD5 which makes up for the bad BTD4.

sayers6

My strategy? two snipers with full first path upgrades, in the corner where they aren't disruptive, a tack shooter, and two super monkeys upgraded to level 3 on the 1st path. I start out with just a tack shooter around a bend, and save money and keep buying the first upgrades until level 3, then I work on placing other stuff. I've also learned, it is best to not have anything but your snipers able to hit right at the start, otherwise they're usefulness goes down a TON. If you shoot a ceramic with one of the upgraded snipers, it's GONE, if other towers break them, you have a shit ton of yellows.

darkflash

I suck at this game cant even beat easy :/