News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Tribes: Ascend

Started by Turkey, March 07, 2012, 09:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey

Tribes: Ascend is a Free-to-play multiplayer first-person shooter game. It's pretty fast-paced and is based around having a key(spacebar) that allows you to eliminate friction and slide around that map having slopes to speed you up (or slow you down.) and jetpacks, mostly capture the flag, etc.
I have been playing it with my friends for maybe the last 2 or 3 weeks and it is an extremely fun game that I wanted to recommend for you guys. It is still in beta and is still getting updates every so often.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, you've GOTTA GO FAST!

I'm bad at explaining this stuff so if anyone want to add additional info, go for it.

SHAZBOTSHAZBOTSHAZBOTSHAZBOTSHAZBOTSHAZBOTSHAZBOT

Matty_Richo

Haha, yeah I've been playing this quite a bit lately I got into beta mid last year and it's been getting better and better. Seriously think this is going to be epic.

T-Rok

Ahh Tribes. I remember when it first came out. When "skiing" was an unintentional side effect created by jumping down slopes. Great game.

Jake

Been playing this game all day, and it's amazing fun. I've grown tired of modern shooters, but I feel like tribes is a nice change of pace. It's fast, fun, and based on pure skill.

Went 4 games in a row as MVP out of 32 people. Eat it punks!

venuse

im playing this as well. kinda hard to hit stuff but fun as hell

Jake

Just played about 20 matches and got MVP about 10 times.

Just took a screenie of the last game I played. I doubled the second place persons score. That's whats up!!! My name is GravName btw.

Scotty

Been waiting to find some folks to play with.  Might have to hop on this evening.  Ill post my username once I download it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

ARTgames

Quote from: Scotty on April 21, 2012, 04:28:51 PM
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Ummm, ok. Nice to know...

Scotty

sayers6

Any suggestions on how to raise fps a little bit? I don't exactly have a great computer. I don't care about the level of graphics, but I do want sound.

venuse

lower resolution of the game, lower graphics of the game to minimum, disable unneeded programs through msconfig, use the program game booster. turn af of, turn aa off, turn catalyst ai to performance or off, turn mip map levels to as low as possible if possible. if that doesnt work you can use the guide to tweak the ini file

http://segmentnext.com/2012/03/26/tribes-ascend-tweaks-guide-how-to-edit-config-file/

Scotty

Quote from: venuse on April 22, 2012, 09:45:56 PM
disable unneeded programs through msconfig

I always see people recommending this, and I always wonder why.  This is quite possibly the worst way of disabling things considering there are often little to no description as to the services you are disabling (past the name, there's nothing), and often times a lot of the services you wish to disable are actually system services that will cripple your computer if they are actually shut off.  If you do want a much safer way of accomplishing the exact same thing, try going to your Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, and here you will get a list of every service, a brief description, and options to disable, manually turn them on, or automatically turn them on during boot up.  Much safer to use this, as msconfig is simply on or off.  If you need pointers, I can remember Google'ing for ideal setups in the past and having pretty good luck with the search results.  Bare in mind it might take a couple of days or weeks to figure out the best configuration, as some services need to be left to automatic or else they won't run and the errors you receive may not be ideal, but rule of thumb is, unless you know 100% that the service can be disabled, just leave it as manual, else uninstall it.

ARTgames

Here is a good site for disabling windows services.
http://www.blackviper.com/

Here is a list of things of windows services from "safe" to "bare bones":
http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

And to go on with what scotty said:
Quote from: from the link aboveDo not use ?msconfig? to disable services, type ?services.msc? in the Run box instead or check this FAQ!

Anyway msconfig is just a tool that got popular for disabling services and start-up programs. But it does not offer much info on what you are doing. But if you know what your doing its fine. Also msconfig does offer other tools that can come in handy and can link you to other tools on the newer versions of it. Use with care if you need.

sayers6

If anyone wantz to add me, its sayers6, still don't have that many fps even with editing the ini file, but it's playable.