News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

My re-creations.

Started by Looperpuck, August 22, 2009, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

The bandit mask barely looks different. I had to zoom in using a Firefox add-on to see the changes.

Torch

I like the bandit mask edit.

Looperpuck

Hmph, well I'm not gunna take to harshly to Mr Pwnages comments, since he does that to everyone, and I know he is a better spriter to than me.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Pat

I prefer the originals, a lot. The simplicity of the sprites is what makes the game look good. You've tried to shade the crap out of it and removed the outlines. Notice that everything in the game has an outline, some have super thick outlines.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Looperpuck on August 23, 2009, 12:49:43 AM
Hmph, well I'm not gunna take to harshly to Mr Pwnages comments, since he does that to everyone, and I know he is a better spriter to than me.

~Looperpuck
They weren't meant to be taken harsh anyways. I was trying to give you a bit of criticism in a somewhat humorous manner...If you look back I believe I gave you 3 things you could improve on? And I am not necessarily a better spriter than you...I just spend a lot of time and have a little more experience in the field...but by no means does that mean you cannot produce something as good as, or better than me. Keep at it.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Looperpuck

Heh, thanks man. Yeah, been spriting for a while but, Not yet sure on shading concepts, I know the one where the light would be shining. But thats pretty much it.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

JoEL

I think what Mr_Pwnage said was uncalled for, seemed more like you were trying to give looperpuck a hard time. You should be giving him some constructive critisism to help guide him in improving his work.

Also I do believe looper didn't intend to put these in the game, this is just for fun and experience I am guessing.

@looper
I Like how you have re-made these hats by improving there shape and shading. The only thing I could see that looked a bit odd was the top hat, I'm not really sure why it just seems strange to me, maybe the shape of it seems to jaggered in some areas?

Looperpuck

Awesome, Glad to hear that. At least you weren't as harsh as Pwnage.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Looperpuck on August 25, 2009, 04:36:31 AM
Awesome, Glad to hear that. At least you weren't as harsh as Pwnage.

~Looperpuck
Believe me...I would -karma myself if I could. >.>

And I completely realize he wasn't making them for the game...it is just fanart. I see the effort...but to be honest the shading is pretty senseless. I'll give you an example: On the santa hat, why would there be a light splotch of red in the middle of the hat? It makes it look like plastic. Santa hat's are somewhat fuzzy, you should use dithering. Also I kinda like the white fuzz on the bottom of it, but it is too big for the hat itself, you should shrink it a bit because you got rid of the black outline, and now it looks really big. On the tophat, how is it physically possible for those shadows to over top each other like that? Also, the different shades are wayyy to different in contrast...use shades closer to each other. On the bandit mask, I don't see why there is a lighter shade of red going under the mask? I think of it more like cloth...so a light dithering would be better.

Again I realize it is just fanart...so feel free to disregard anything I just said and call me harsh.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Mr. Stick

Seifer

Harsh critisicm is a great thing. If we all sit here and look at some work that seems to be done by a 4 year old and say 'Great job Loop!' than what will that accomplish? We should all be brutally honest with him so that he may see his faults and improve upon them.

flashmaniac

Quote from: Seifer on September 19, 2009, 10:41:40 PM
Harsh critisicm is a great thing. If we all sit here and look at some work that seems to be done by a 4 year old and say 'Great job Loop!' than what will that accomplish? We should all be brutally honest with him so that he may see his faults and improve upon them.

I agree. You learn the most from failure.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: flashmaniac on September 19, 2009, 10:54:43 PM

I agree with flash. Can't say I completely agree with Seify... You can give good, completely helpful criticism with out being harsh, or in Pwnage's case, rude.
I don't find Loop's sprites to be that bad. He was given helpful criticism and has improved them. They could use more work maybe, but what matters is that he's improving and taking the constructive criticism well.

Now if someone makes shitty sprites and isn't taking constructive criticism well, and isn't improving, then it may call for some harsh criticism.

Torch

Quote from: DarkTrinity on September 20, 2009, 03:44:36 PM
Quote from: flashmaniac on September 19, 2009, 10:54:43 PM

I agree with flash. Can't say I completely agree with Seify... You can give good, completely helpful criticism with out being harsh, or in Pwnage's case, rude.
I don't find Loop's sprites to be that bad. He was given helpful criticism and has improved them. They could use more work maybe, but what matters is that he's improving and taking the constructive criticism well.

Now if someone makes shitty sprites and isn't taking constructive criticism well, and isn't improving, then it may call for some harsh criticism.
QFT

Looper's sprites aren't bad and he isn't suggesting them as ideas. He's just looking to show and improve his work. In this case, harsh criticism is uncalled for.

Mr Pwnage

Why did you all revive this topic to talk about pointless shit that I said on August 25th? Seriously people...look at when I posted, than when the brilliant Mr. Stick posted...

You sick, necroing, bastards.